GEOGADDI - KNOCKOUT POLL ROUND 10

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

PLEASE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE TRACK

Poll ended at Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Music Is Math
31%
Sunshine Recorder
34%
Over The Horizon Radar
34%

Total votes: 29

Eagle Minded
PLEASE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE TRACK

Down to single votes now.

Hopefully, my PC will be running normally after this evening and I can post at more regular intervals....

(Needed brand new hard drive... reinstall everything.... blah blah... nightmare..... :( )

Happy Cycler
Alright, I'm going to cut the sarcasm now: this is what we're down to?

I'm a little disappointed. 100% pro-subjectivity so I'm not going to argue something here, but yeah: just a little.

I couldn't care less which track isn't eliminated at this point. I would vote for two but for some reason I feel that would be purely mean at this point. Again, I'll opt out of voting.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Posts Quantity
I would much prefer the three to be Corsair, Dawn Chorus, and From one Source (which was strangely missing, I believe).
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Happy Cycler
maxd98 wrote:I would much prefer the three to be Corsair, Dawn Chorus, and From one Source (which was strangely missing, I believe).

Julie and Candy, You Could Feel the Sky...Corsair, I suppose (I'm more partial to Opening the Mouth, A is to B as B is to C and Diving Station but that's just me)...in a general sense Corsair, yeah. As for FOSATD, we can't have that here. Because.

I still need to see how Campfire ended. So far these polls have been roughly equivalent to a Radiohead fan forum doing the same thing and ending up with Creep, Fake Plastic Trees, Karma Police, Idioteque, etc.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
It seems like there are a variety of different ways that we BoC fans hear this album. I'm slightly disappointed about the 3 we are left with, as I only really care about 1 of them. But like I said, others must be hearing this album very differently, and that's okay.

Sunshine Recorder to win :)

Friendly Stranger
In reference to those saying this poll is disappointing
This is probably the first one of these that (sort of) went how I was expecting
I figured 1969/Music is Math/sunshine recorder/Julie & candy would be the last remaining
Was overjoyed to see Dawn Chorus and Alpha&Omega make is as far as they did, so that made up for seeing 1969 go too early

But previous ones were weird, like Olson winning was a nice little "oh good for you, way to go Olson" but really you all ousted Telephasic Workshop so fast I almost died

So this is the first time (some of) my absolute favs have survived

Eagle Minded
Wow. I thought for sure Dawn Chorus would last this long. My top three favorites (Corsair, Alpha and Omega, You Could Feel The Sky) are all eliminated, so I don't really care what wins. Seems Music is Math may be it though. :D
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

That's the tricky part to democracy isn't it? Realising your opinion is actually no more important than the next person.

I like these polls. It's made me revisit a couple of tracks in a different light.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I wonder how these polls would turn out if instead of voting for the "least favourite", we voted for what we consider to be the least or most technically brilliant. For example, Music is Math is a lovely piece, I can see why it is the favorite for many but in my humble opinion, something like "Devil Is In The Details" trumps it in the genius department, it is a really fascinating piece, very clever indeed.

Boqurant
My favorite is Sunshine Recorder. I didn't find this poll more difficult than the previous two, there are many track on Geogaddi that I find bleak. Some, such as Julie and Candy exist in better versions, i.e the ATP one.

Eagle Minded
valleaux wrote: My top three favorites (Corsair, Alpha and Omega, You Could Feel The Sky)

Aha! A kindred spitit! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Music is math is winning, fair enough, probably most influential BOC track for me

Eagle Minded
Peacock Tail wrote:
valleaux wrote: My top three favorites (Corsair, Alpha and Omega, You Could Feel The Sky)

Aha! A kindred spitit! :)

Very fine choices indeed :)

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Music is math is winning, fair enough, probably most influential BOC track for me

The Web Loop of it sheds some light on how the track was created...

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
Torn n Frayed wrote:The Web Loop of it sheds some light on how the track was created...

In hindsight, that incarnation sounds like it belongs on TH.

Sherbet Head
Sunshine Recorder really isn't that special IMO.

Friendly Stranger
A nation divided
Too close to call

Eagle Minded
Music Is Math is the winner....

Sherbet Head
maxd98 wrote:From one Source (which was strangely missing, I believe).

Yeah, and Macquarie Ridge was missing from the Campfire Headphase elimination for some reason (It's one of my favorites)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:
maxd98 wrote:From one Source (which was strangely missing, I believe).

Yeah, and Macquarie Ridge was missing from the Campfire Headphase elimination for some reason (It's one of my favorites)

I think bonus tracks are taken out because they will be in a separate poll.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada