GENERAL BOC QUESTION, INQUIRIES, AND NEWS THREAD

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
So I asked Robin about a thread like this and mentioned that someone had already posed this idea. It was more along the lines of "general BoC discussion, questions, observations" as well as any sort of "BoC sighting" thing which some forums tend to do the equivalent of. Don't think editing the title is really necessary but a mod should be able to do that.

A thread to fit all the sort of questions or little quips about BoC that don't warrant their own new thread.

He told me to search and that he'd sticky one. He mentioned Mexi doing one, and if I find that one, I'll bump it. This however showed up immediately, so I figured it really didn't matter who started it.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
Crap, I just posted a topic that could have happily sat in this thread as a general boc related question question..

Eagle Minded
Does anyone know the original creator of this track? First to admit I'm not all that knowledgeable of much electronica, interested to know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S1DfOsv6TI

Eagle Minded
just learned that the release that became Trans Canada Highway was original planned to only be Dayvan Cowboy + Odd Nosdam's remix

Posts Quantity
Now where did you learn that?
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Eagle Minded
an old odd nosdam interview. he mentioned meeting boc with cLOUDDEAD while they were on tour in Edinburgh ca. 2002. he said they hit it off really well which led to boc remixing Dead Dogs 2, which led to boc asking Odd to 'return the favor' as he put it.

it's awesome boc decided to turn it into a fully realized ep.

Posts Quantity
Saw this on reddit, if anyone interested. Nice little Article.

http://www.imposemagazine.com/bytes/cha ... he-country

Boqurant
This might be worth adding to bocpages...

While driving around PEI (a tiny Canadian province) in the summer, we went down a road to a beach, and saw a sign identifying it as Red Point. It's called that because PEI has red sand. Given that BoC spent time in Canada as children, this place is another possible source for the title. It's Red Point though, not Redpoint. So maybe not. It was still pretty cool to be there.

https://www.tourismpei.com/provincial-park/red-point

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada