Rate the Boards track above you

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
completly frustrated by the outro, Music is Math is for me one of the very classics boc has delivered and deserved a less brutal end... however, magisterial. 9/10.

Nlogax

Eagle Minded
9/10 definitely a great early sound. It's always sounded like a less mature version of something off of MHTRTC, like Telepathic Workshop.

Triangles & Rhombuses
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Sherbet Head
valleaux wrote:Telepathic Workshop.

brb, screaming into pillow.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Posts Quantity

TELEPHASIC

T E L E P H A S I C
P H A S I C

valleaux wrote:Triangles & Rhombuses

7.5/10

Yup, great little track that eases in and out. I prefer the drum beat over the melody, it sounds like robots working in unison, bery charming sound. It's Too Orangey isn't too bad either, adds that extra 0.5 to the score.

She Is P

Eagle Minded
clearcut wrote:She Is P

8.5/10. Don't really know what to say about it honestly, I just really like it :lol: Nice and simple, short and sweet. Another great old tune.

Magic Teens

Eagle Minded
clearcut wrote:

TELEPHASIC

T E L E P H A S I C
P H A S I C
Jango9 wrote:

brb, screaming into pillow.

MY BAD I typed Telephasic and saw the red line and autocorrected it to Telepathic without even thinking.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Posts Quantity
Skimming Stone wrote:Magic Teens

If someone were to ask what an average BoC track were to sound like, this would be one of my go to tracks. It hits all the typical BoC notes with that BoC flavor, yet it doesn't really seem to do anything special. It's almost just "yet another BoC track." 84 Pontiac Dream is another really good example of this.

So, being average, it gets a 5/10.

To tie in with other happenings in this thread, the next track to rate will be Telepath.
Welcome, my friend. These are my people; now they are your people too.

Eagle Minded
ScienceGuy wrote:To tie in with other happenings in this thread, the next track to rate will be Telepath.

One of my favorite short tracks on TH. It's not particularly interesting, but it does have a neat feel to it. 8/10

Over The Horizon Radar
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Eagle Minded
valleaux wrote:
ScienceGuy wrote:To tie in with other happenings in this thread, the next track to rate will be Telepath.

One of my favorite short tracks on TH. It's not particularly interesting, but it does have a neat feel to it. 8/10

Over The Horizon Radar

Absolutely lovely, and achingly nostalgic. 9/10.

Left Side Drive
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Eagle Minded
Cosmic Manta wrote:Left Side Drive

9/10. Instant classic for me, although I have been finding Skyliner a bit more enjoyable recently. It's like the relaxing wind down after Dayvan Cowboy.

Audiotrack A08 (Infinite Lines?)

Sherbet Head
10/10
Beautiful, beautiful piece. Seems laconic on the surface but in reality is one of the toughest BoC tracks to figure out underneath. I particularly love the bit where the low, deep strings come in below whatever the fuck all the other instruments are (Hey Manta, any guesses?). If there's a 9 minute version out there I am slowly dying inside each day that I don't get to hear it.

Whitewater or Red Moss (take your pick)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:deep strings come in below whatever the fuck all the other instruments are (Hey Manta, any guesses?).)

I'm also very interested to know what these instruments are too.

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:I particularly love the bit where the low, deep strings come in below whatever the fuck all the other instruments are (Hey Manta, any guesses?).

There's a bit during the middle where the drums drop out, and you can only hear the strings. It sounds like they took a string sample from some old keyboard, ran it through a distortion pedal and then into their sampler. It also sounds like it's drenched in spring reverb.
If we're thinking of the same sound, the deep strings are just the patch used for the other string chords, but played in a lower octave.

The synth bass sound that comes in at the beginning is most likely an SH-101.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Posts Quantity
Jango9 wrote:Whitewater or Red Moss (take your pick)

I'm picking Red Moss, which I've really started to like lately. The drum beat is funky, the main synth line is funky, those little flourishes that come in are funky, everything about this track is funky. It's a great tune to blast as loud as possible in the car.

Though it's really good, rating it against other BoC tracks probably results in a 7/10

Next up is one of the two new remixes we got this year: Sisters

Sherbet Head
ScienceGuy wrote:
Jango9 wrote:Whitewater or Red Moss (take your pick)

I'm picking Red Moss, which I've really started to like lately. The drum beat is funky, the main synth line is funky, those little flourishes that come in are funky, everything about this track is funky. It's a great tune to blast as loud as possible in the car.

Though it's really good, rating it against other BoC tracks probably results in a 7/10

Next up is one of the two new remixes we got this year: Sisters

Really don't like Sisters to be honest. It's missing the BOC headspace for me personally.

Next track is.. the Why! Remix.

Sherbet Head
8.5/10. The Why remix is great because the vocals are so out of place and off beat, yet they somehow make it work with the track. i really enjoy the horn that drops in the background of the track, well, at least i think its a horn. also, the last 2 min of the track are unbelievable with the the psychedelic background effects and the tribal drums

hell interface - midas touch remix

Eagle Minded
8/10

I love the Midas touch remix so much. Everything about it is just so clever the way they've changed it. They could have done a bit more with the ending though.

Dandelion. I wanna know if you guys like this interlude

Posts Quantity
Headphase wrote:Dandelion. I wanna know if you guys like this interlude

I certainly do. It's not my favorite Geogaddi track, but it's still really good. Kicks off the best section of that album IMO (lasting through TSWN). Also really good backwards. 6/10

Next up is a really good old tune: Heysanna Hosanna

Telepath
Heysanna Hosanna, 2/5. Its just one of the hexies showing off the Webber song he'd been practicing that month. A suprisingly difficult little tune to play well.

Boqurant
5.9.78. 10/10. Probably my favourite rarity. One of those classic boc tunes that takes you back in time / puts you in another place.

Audiotrack B04.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada