GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
When lava pours out near the sea surface, tremendous volcanic explosions sometimes occur.

Sherbet Head
Well that magic window shit above was way too funny!
Boc remix of the odd nosdam remix.
A man can dream.
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Dayvan Cowboy
Straying from the above. I am genuinely filled with wonder. TH was such a stray away from everything previously released and I am personally hoping that the following record or EP will be a further exploration of a totally different set of feelings and outlooks. Don't get me wrong, TH was a good album and it explored areas of negativity and fear from a global perspective that really needed to be 'spoken' about and bought to a certain kind of clarity with soundwaves creating vivid emotions of such scenarios, but my personal opinion is that it would be a shame if they came to a certain set of realisations that disconnected them with previous outlooks and led their music down a darker street.

The world needs boards to use their powers for good right now.

Friendly Stranger
It's time for a Campfire Headphase vol.2.

Telepath
Valotonin wrote:The world needs boards to use their powers for good right now.

Yeah! Let them shine the light!

Happy Cycler
I love to see this thread rise from the grave. It usually means there's only 3-7 more years before new BoC! Let the good times roll!

Dayvan Cowboy

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:http://news.sky.com/story/pink-floyd-releasing-700-bumper-box-set-10515582

Be careful what you wish for

Realtalk, I would pay $400 for a similarly sized set of unreleased BoC material along those lines with lots of PIC photography/artwork included.

But $700? Yeah, no.

Boqurant
seanandcandy wrote:
ShaneAnthony wrote:^^^???

just a little joke ay

could b real

Eagle Minded
Classic thread. Per usual, give it a few more years.

chuckles intensely

Dayvan Cowboy
Helios wrote:Classic thread. Per usual, give it a few more years.

chuckles intensely

That is what is so ambiguous about this topic. We are divided in our thinking and half of us feel that, now the break of eight long years is over, boards are 'back' and we can expect a state of frequent music from them as before.
When their online presence starts to become a little more notable, one starts to wonder if it is an indication of new music in the works and potentially approaching the ready to release stage.

Dayvan Cowboy
I figured the tweet of the Peacock Tail video with the old NBC logo meant that everyone realized that New Boards of Canada was imminent.

Eagle Minded
I think it's time for this topic to be back on the first page of the forums. I think it's time for a new record.
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
maybe a strange tweet , later deleted by warp records?

Dayvan Cowboy
Mikey wrote:Is it that time of year again already?

Dayvan Cowboy
tonx wrote:I think it's time for this topic to be back on the first page of the forums. I think it's time for a new record.

Sure, but you're going to have to sit through a couple more videos first.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:

Your recent messages have been beyond speculation, you seem so sure. May I ask what thought process lead to your strong beliefs on the matter?

I am genuinely interested.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary knows something :)
I don't, you don't, we don't know

I LOVE his optimism! Never change Opothecary. Keep on believing :-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
Opothecary wrote:

Your recent messages have been beyond speculation, you seem so sure. May I ask what thought process lead to your strong beliefs on the matter?

I am genuinely interested.

I have a lengthy post that I plan on dropping toward the end of March or early April that explains things a little more in depth. Basically, I want them to make one more post first to prove my work and in my eyes that's at least a few weeks away. To me, its like having 3/4 of a puzzle solved and I want it to get to 7/8, but the only way to really do it is the passing of time.

My prediction is them making at least 1, but probably 2 posts along the same lines of what they've been doing until it evolves into something that is actually interesting to most people afterward. If they make 2 posts in the near future (one in late March, one in mid April), they will both go to Twitter and one of those two will go to Facebook as well. If they only make 1 post, it will post to both Twitter and Facebook and won't happen until almost mid April.

In the meantime, it would be interesting to run a poll that asks, do you think there is a numeric importance to their recent social media posts regarding posting dates/times and song years involved? Yes or no, and are you a newer or older listener?

I really do think the idea of something like a mathematical or logical type tease is completely lost on people that jumped on board with them circa TCH. It's not down to the type of fan, it's mostly down to them being lax with their web presence, and maybe the expectation that they would use social media as the same sort of vacuous information dumping ground that most people/artists do?

With their old websites, you could tell they were really fascinated with numbers and math (even aside from what they do with it musically) and currently redirecting their domain to Bleep is doing them no favors trying to capture peoples imaginations, but maybe that's the point. It's pretty intentionally understated but also pretty cool once you see it.

You've all got a few weeks and know basic math and how numbers increment, go crazy. I want other people to see it on their own, it's NOT that complicated. You don't have to solve pi or be autistic or anything.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada