What year we will see the early albums

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Fredd-E, Mexicola, Aesthetics, saturdayindex

Boqurant
I've been waiting years. I just didn't dig TH much at all and really would prefer at this point to just hear their extensive back catalog which has never seen the light of day. Not that I have no interest in their stuff moving forward, but I originally got into BOC through hearing the Old Tunes tapes and have always sort of associated them with that stuff.

Hopefully they consider a multi cd boxset with stuff all throughout their career that's unreleased, and maybe anything else that's left put it up online somewhere ala Aphex Twin. I'd think its better to have their legacy preserved rather than have tons and tons of music that will just disappear in time and no one has ever heard it. That would be kind of sad, honestly.

Here's hoping.

Gevel wrote:I'd think its better to have their legacy preserved rather than have tons and tons of music that will just disappear in time and no one has ever heard it. That would be kind of sad, honestly.

No one except for their kids, wives, and good friends in HS of course.

Their kids are about in puberty right now, I reckon they now do have a notion of who their fathers are in the music industry, and what cult following they have online. They might even follow bocpages on Facebook and twitter! :) Or they might just follow Justin Bieber... but it's certain they probably have heard lots of their unreleased music by now. Those lucky bastards. :)

Sherbet Head
Imagine if we are their "kids"?

remember was reading this on watmm boards years ago

still make me smile

Dayvan Cowboy
Gevel wrote:Hopefully they consider a multi cd boxset with stuff all throughout their career that's unreleased, and maybe anything else that's left put it up online somewhere ala Aphex Twin. I'd think its better to have their legacy preserved rather than have tons and tons of music that will just disappear in time and no one has ever heard it. That would be kind of sad, honestly.

Here's hoping.

Bring it. I like the idea of them including an R35TT type disc of music that doesn't attribute any of the tracks to a given era. Make it truly timeless, just throw it out there. It's funny that there is now 20+ year old mostly unheard music that is as old as the era of music that it likely originally invoked.

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:I really want to hear all their early albums

Happy Cycler
In the year 2525
"It's been a long time..."

Sherbet Head
Probably non-relevant but one of the school children in 'Look around you' looked remarkably like a Sandison. We are already somewhat aware of Serafinowicz's relationship to HS so it might not be too far fetched.

New Seed
Well, I want one day to hear their early albums.

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:Well, I want one day to hear their early albums.

It's not your birthday but your name is on the cake

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada