Dedicated sample sources and origins thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:Nice thread!

You're also aware of this, right? http://bocpages.org/wiki/List_of_sample ... _of_Canada

Do you still keep everything updated on both sides?

I wasn't actually aware of this !
It looks like there some on here that aren't mentioned there and vice versa so I will get my keyboard to use and start doing edits for both in the coming days. Cheers for the info Fred-E (-:

Valotonin wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:Nice thread!

You're also aware of this, right? http://bocpages.org/wiki/List_of_sample ... _of_Canada

Do you still keep everything updated on both sides?

I wasn't actually aware of this !
It looks like there some on here that aren't mentioned there and vice versa so I will get my keyboard to use and start doing edits for both in the coming days. Cheers for the info Fred-E (-:

I do wonder isn't it too big of a burden to keep the forum, the individual song articles and that aggregating article in sync? Seems a bit much.

What I try to do is keep the individual song articles (samples/lyrics) section in sync with the "List of samples used by BoC" article.

Whenever I see someone added a new sample/lyric discovery (via RecentChanges) I will add that one to List of samples used by Boards of Canada with a link to the song article and a <ref></ref> tag to the source of the discovery (reddit? twoism?) if applicable, because it could very well be someone put it in directly on the bocpages article.

Would you be interested in becoming more involved with wiki editing?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:I do wonder isn't it too big of a burden to keep the forum, the individual song articles and that aggregating article in sync? Seems a bit much.

What I try to do is keep the individual song articles (samples/lyrics) section in sync with the "List of samples used by BoC" article.

Whenever I see someone added a new sample/lyric discovery (via RecentChanges) I will add that one to List of samples used by Boards of Canada with a link to the song article and a <ref></ref> tag to the source of the discovery (reddit? twoism?) if applicable, because it could very well be someone put it in directly on the bocpages article.

Would you be interested in becoming more involved with wiki editing?

I am already somewhat well versed in editing both BoCpages and ordinary Wiki so I am familliar with the layout and code. I wouldn't mind lending a hand to keeping information in sync and making sure everything is neatly catalogued online. I would be happy to help in whatever way you see fit (-:

Friendly Stranger
Does anyone have any idea on the voices and squelching in Kid for Today? Haven't seen it mentioned before.

https://youtu.be/WWj__4PYY7U?t=291

This one has been driving me crazy. Producer of the BoCcast said it might be something like 'You can't go back to collect that link', but I only partially hear that. If you haven't listened to the IaBPoiTC episode I would recommend it, the theory on this song is pretty entertaining.

Dayvan Cowboy
Long-time lurker, finally got around to registering so I could post this since I didn't see it elsewhere.

A sample from Magic Teens (Old Tunes Vol. 2) can be heard at 29 seconds in Sixtyten.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada