What year we will see the early albums

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Now the real question is: which R35TT song is that? :D
Sorry for my bad english.

Sherbet Head
Emmet@lego wrote:Someone sent me this link to the song drone 18 off catlog 3 proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnA3oJcJMM. Its also heard on the random 35 tape.

:lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:Someone sent me this link to the song drone 18 off catlog 3 proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnA3oJcJMM. Its also heard on the random 35 tape.

I can confirm this is Drone 18

Sherbet Head
wat

Eagle Minded
Something appeared on YouTube claiming to be Breach Tones - Catalog 3
phpBB [media]
preparation for a dive.

Eagle Minded
tonx wrote:Something appeared on YouTube claiming to be Breach Tones - Catalog 3
phpBB [media]

The description vaguely mentions that it was "also used as a web loop". It's been a long time since I've heard the web loops, but I don't recall that being one of them. I just sounds like someone strolling through the woods at night with a tape recorder in their pocket.

Also wasn't Breach Tones supposed to be like 8 minutes long? I can only hope the actual song isn't 8 minutes of this lol

Boqurant
That user Also made a (failed) attempt to recreate the full song of duffy.

Friendly Stranger
Emmet@lego wrote:That user Also made a (failed) attempt to recreate the full song of duffy.

Are you saying the original BoC version doesnt feature a fidget spinner break in the middle of the track?

https://youtu.be/W0g9EL7VnnQ

Boqurant
Yes, the orginial has a huge break in the middle but with no fidget spinner.

Posts Quantity
Nottoolate wrote:
tonx wrote:Something appeared on YouTube claiming to be Breach Tones - Catalog 3
phpBB [media]

The description vaguely mentions that it was "also used as a web loop". It's been a long time since I've heard the web loops, but I don't recall that being one of them. I just sounds like someone strolling through the woods at night with a tape recorder in their pocket.

Also wasn't Breach Tones supposed to be like 8 minutes long? I can only hope the actual song isn't 8 minutes of this lol

Yeah, I remember that loop being on the website - not one of the interactive flash ones, it was when the site was just a static page. I seem to remember it had a background picture of the sky and the loop might have been slower and without the weird clicking interference

Sherbet Head
In all likelihood you will never hear them. :/

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

This was a loop on the BoC website that was put up around the time that Trans Canada Highway was announced. I recall just leaving it on repeat for hours. John Carpenter vibes.
Sounds like he is just recording a playback with a field recorder and fidgeting with the recording volume buttons.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Friendly Stranger
Goiter Sanchez wrote:This was a loop on the BoC website that was put up around the time that Trans Canada Highway was announced. I recall just leaving it on repeat for hours.

Was it specifically identified as being Breach Tones from Catalog 3?

Friendly Stranger
blendo75 wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:This was a loop on the BoC website that was put up around the time that Trans Canada Highway was announced. I recall just leaving it on repeat for hours.

Was it specifically identified as being Breach Tones from Catalog 3?

No. Anyways I highly doubt it that it is Breach Tones, Catalog 3 was full of drone stuff.

Boqurant
What song it is actually called?

Boqurant
Can you post the pre twoism songs Opothecary. Answers or else I take it for grian of salt

Dayvan Cowboy

New Seed
Opothecary wrote:Image

that face is familiar...

c o r s a i r

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:Image

Seirouly. Why?

Sherbet Head
Emmet@lego wrote:Seriously. Why?

He's taking the piss. But he is right. We will probably never hear any of the old tunes beyond what we already have. Posthumously, maybe, but not likely. I just feel like maybe they think they suck too much. By way of comparison, I've been playing Dungeons and Dragons for almost three decades. When I look back at old campaigns I used to run, I find them down right embarrassing. Full of overused tropes and railroading. My ability to write a good story and engage my players has grown by leaps and bounds. I suspect they feel the same.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada