GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
cool

Palace Posy

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:
If this thing is really happening, good idea to get Bibio's album out the door before the hype train is in full swing.

new boc record hype train, i would be like this
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
I've heard literally every BoC track, everything, every radio show with weird alt versions all of the old tunes/ random tracks all of the web loops everything, dirty great mable, vegetarian soup all the remixes...

I hadn't heard Last Walk around mirror lake until today. It somehow escaped.
Its so beautiful I want to cry, I didn't think I would get the chance to listen to a BoC track from scratch again.

Dayvan Cowboy
aw man valo you must have laid a cake on yourself when that lovely synth at the end comes in. i wish i could hear that, just the wee split second fadeover bit, for the first time again. what a belter.

Dayvan Cowboy
Techboy wrote:aw man valo you must have laid a cake on yourself when that lovely synth at the end comes in. i wish i could hear that, just the wee split second fadeover bit, for the first time again. what a belter.

I fucking melted at the end, yes.
It is the perfect blend of Geogaddi-era and Headphase-era, you can really hear the way their music was transitioning between the two states and Mirror Lake is a pretty divine middle point.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
Techboy wrote:aw man valo you must have laid a cake on yourself when that lovely synth at the end comes in. i wish i could hear that, just the wee split second fadeover bit, for the first time again. what a belter.

I fucking melted at the end, yes.
It is the perfect blend of Geogaddi-era and Headphase-era, you can really hear the way their music was transitioning between the two states and Mirror Lake is a pretty divine middle point.

Yes.

Sherbet Head
Nottoolate wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
CKAT-1 wrote:https://bleep.com/release/89708-bibio-phantom-brickworks

RIght on, really looking forward to this. I like poppy Bibio but this feels like it could be a throwback of sorts which would be really cool. Anyways, it's funny that it's coming out on 11/3.

Anyone else notice that one of the promo videos for the new Bibio album on the Warp Records Facebook page has a hexagon in it for a second?

got a link? and timestamp! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
northernlite wrote:got a link? and timestamp! :)

Annoyingly I think it's only linked from their Facebook page and not easily linked from YT - it was the 21 second "Phantom Brickworks" video posted on Monday.

You can see it cut away to the "hexagon" footage for a second at the very beginning as it counts down from 21 seconds, again at 14 and then lastly at 7 seconds.

Eagle Minded
northernlite wrote:got a link? and timestamp! :)

https://www.facebook.com/warprecords/vi ... 127082686/

At around 6-7 seconds in.

Opothecary's theory about them trolling us and fucking around sounds so good right now. Why would they -unintentionally- add that? I doubt whoever edited the video (likely someone at warp) didn't know about the importance of Hexagons within the label.

My only other theory is that it's a hint that someone from BOC has a production role on the new Bibio album. Maybe someone with a new Twitter account...

Eagle Minded
Looks more like a half of a hexagon to me. Plus BoC doesn't have a monopoly on hexagons, Warp artists should be able to use a hexagon in their art without causing BoC fans to shit their pants. If it were a full sized turquoise hexagon then maybe there'd be something going on. All clean fun though :D

Dayvan Cowboy
I didn't really take note of this video when it first appeared, but I do know it was presented as a teaser and not attributed to Bibio initially - the fact that it's 21 seconds and cuts to the B&W/hexagon footage exactly every 7 seconds at those marks puts it firmly in trolling territory.

Even if I had paid attention earlier and caught that, I don't know that I would have gotten too worked up about it personally. it's still a little too soon to be directly teasing new BoC imo...but I think they leveraged the idea that some of us know it should be very close now.

Half hexagon? The Mike Twitter account is a half hexagon, if you think about it a certain way...

Not sure about Mike production duty, I think it's known that Marcus helped discover/publicize him, and Bibio has never really been one to let outsiders in for production duty that I'm aware of. He's always seemed like a jack of all trades when it comes to production/artwork/videos, etc

Posts Quantity
how is that even a hexagon to you guys? :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
Cyclosa wrote:how is that even a hexagon to you guys? :lol:

You can clearly see a hexagon at the -0:14 mark (video player counts down from -0:21)

You don't see it in the -0:21 and -0:07 shots, even though its cutting to similar film at those points.

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

lol from the video it more like Tim Hecker is on a team qith Bibio, not BOC
Palace Posy

Sherbet Head
was it two years from when the black box appeared on the site til the time it was released? just wondering about hints and timeframes

Dayvan Cowboy
john fonda wrote:was it two years from when the black box appeared on the site til the time it was released? just wondering about hints and timeframes

Apparently, the black box appeared on March 1st, 2011 - so two years and 3 months?

Good opportunity to look at some long haul timelines with the "black box" we are dealing with now, outside of the 110s:

June 6th, 2016 -> December 28th, 2017 (570 days)

Interesting things ending in :57:

Two tweets (Nothing is Real / Open the Light) end in :57 timestamps

Cosecha website timestamp (2:57)
Macquarie Ridge - first post (song is 4 minutes, 57 seconds)

Dayvan Cowboy
Those pair of :57 timestamp tweets always stuck with me - I always logically thought of them as a pair, similar times aside, they were the only two tweets that were multiples of 24 rather than just 24 (August 24th = 192, December 8th = 96)

If we use a similar trick to what we did with the Amo / Mike pair of tweets, we see something interesting - when we make Nothing is Real match the Cosecha timestamp, suddenly the other number lines up with my last post:

Eagle Minded
New BOC tweet. An eagle in your mind video posted.... ooooh! :)

Boqurant
Here we go

Dayvan Cowboy
Game over

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada