GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Fredd-E, Mexicola, Aesthetics, saturdayindex

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 650
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
Mikey wrote:
chronical wrote:No way in hell is Poly-Ana BOC's tuss. It's good but it doesn't ring a single hexagon bell for me personally..


The first track on the album that synth line in the middle

https://youtu.be/8HCXfp9yd7s?t=2m11s

that reminds me more of Christ. than Boards Of Canada :D
Image

Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 64
Joined: 9 Jan 2016
Location: Scotland
chronical wrote:
Mikey wrote:
chronical wrote:No way in hell is Poly-Ana BOC's tuss. It's good but it doesn't ring a single hexagon bell for me personally..


The first track on the album that synth line in the middle

https://youtu.be/8HCXfp9yd7s?t=2m11s

that reminds me more of Christ. than Boards Of Canada :D

I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 43
Joined: 30 Mar 2017
Location: The North
Guys I seriously doubt it's any warp artists.
Here is the description for "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]"
"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InoPNAuCcEs"


Published on Sep 5, 2017
"A few weeks ago, XLR8R announced the much anticipated debut album from Brainwaltzera on FILM, titled Poly-ana. The album will include thirteen tracks of both previously released material and new outings, rolling through warped electronica, IDM, and Boards of Canada-esque beats.

Now, to prep listeners for the forthcoming release, Brainwaltzera has offered up a bonus cut, titled "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]," as today's XLR8R download. It's a stunning track built on a range of bent melodies, frantic-yet-delicate synth lines, and gritty percussion that all dance together in machine-driven synchronicity.

You can grab "Aucun Christ Q W [brainwaltzera manual_patch recall]" via WeTransfer below, with the album arriving on September 29."

https://xlr8r.wetransfer.com/download...

(https://www.xlr8r.com/mp3/2017/08/bra...)

It sounds too "patchy" to me for the type of perfection the above mentioned warp artists would create. It sounds like a guy just trying to make good music influenced by those artists, although Christ is in the title haha
“And that's how things are. A day is like a whole life. You start out doing one thing, but end up doing something else, plan to run an errand, but never get there. . . . And at the end of your life, your whole existence has the same haphazard quality, too. Your whole life has the same shape as a single day.”
― Michael Crichton, Jurassic Park

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1368
Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Track 7 sounds like a I Care Because You Do offcut, and I mean that in a good way. Don't reckon it's Aphex though, let alone a Warp supergroup but c'mon how cool would that be? :D

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Opthocary, I am bored.

Can you give me a prediction from your crystal ball to keep me going on with ?

Not the maths involved as I can see that is already covered, just the outcome of your calculations and possibles date(s) involved.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1456
Joined: 7 Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Valotonin wrote:Opthocary, I am bored.

Can you give me a prediction from your crystal ball to keep me going on with ?

Not the maths involved as I can see that is already covered, just the outcome of your calculations and possibles date(s) involved.


Since you asked real nice, I'm going to bust out something completely new - no maths, just months.

- But first...I thought maybe we could get something today. It's TCH's anniversary in Japan, you can also do something special with the date in relation to 11/3

- Tomorrow's a possibility (23)

- 10/14 I think is the real key though. We are on the verge of "constants changing" per the number of likes - could this be the first date that they repeat, and have it mean something else this time? I've covered that previously but just a thought.

Now for the new stuff, this is by the month breakdown, hanging out in the Remixes playlist. 6 is "Poppy Seed". This started in June. We have Broken Drum as 7, it appeared in July. Now let's look at 10-12:

10 (October) - Last Walk Around Mirror Lake - we are currently getting likes on dates or days left that were relevant to the overall building of the pattern (36, 32 days...)

11 (November) - Poppy Seed Reprise - We are off to see the wizards, but fall under a spell right at the very end. It takes snow (think December) to finally wake us up.

12 (December) - Childrens Prison (Poppy Seed Reprise) - This has the 2+2=22 visual. It's also the only video that appears in the main playlist as well as a repeat, entry 55.

If we think of the beginning (June 2016) as 6 - Poppy Seed and November/December 2017 (11/12) as Poppy Seed Reprise, with Broken Drum included to make you take notice of the concept, there you go.

Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzjoArx ... 123DD7D53B

Image

There you go, no math just months.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 822
Joined: 8 Feb 2011
Location: The Great White North(east)
The problem with numbers, and numerology in general, is that you can slice and dice it any way you want and find patterns, because it is based on something that is riddled in patterns, mathematics. We are wired for that... while I do salute the effort, Opothecary, I think it is nothing more than cerebral (numeral) masturbation towards wishful thinking. I don't want to come across as being harsh or demeaning, just my two Canadian cents... (oh wait, we don't have pennies no more...) :}

The next album will drop when it does, and the silence from mgd I think is ominous, they're busy.

New Seed
Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Joined: 1 May 2016
Mikey wrote:I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:


"
The Mixolydian Scale (or mode) is one of the modal scales. They are all origins of ancient Greek music and are used in modern music like jazz and funk. You may recognize the dominant pattern in the interval: 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7. Compare this to the dominant 7th chord with scale steps 1 3 5 b7.

Modes are alternative tonalities (scales) that can be derived from the familiar major scale by starting on a different scale tone. Music that uses the traditional major scale can be said to be in the Ionian mode. For example, in the key of C, the Ionian scale would be C D E F G A B. The other familiar mode is Aeolian.

Mixolydian mode may refer to one of three things: the name applied to one of the ancient Greek harmoniai or tonoi, based on a particular octave species or scale; one of the medieval church modes; a modern musical mode or diatonic scale, related to the medieval mode.
"

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
reflex17 wrote:
Mikey wrote:I think track 6's name sounds like something Christ would use - "mixolydian transition 18" :mrgreen:


"
The Mixolydian Scale (or mode) is one of the modal scales. They are all origins of ancient Greek music and are used in modern music like jazz and funk. You may recognize the dominant pattern in the interval: 1 2 3 4 5 6 b7. Compare this to the dominant 7th chord with scale steps 1 3 5 b7.

Modes are alternative tonalities (scales) that can be derived from the familiar major scale by starting on a different scale tone. Music that uses the traditional major scale can be said to be in the Ionian mode. For example, in the key of C, the Ionian scale would be C D E F G A B. The other familiar mode is Aeolian.

Mixolydian mode may refer to one of three things: the name applied to one of the ancient Greek harmoniai or tonoi, based on a particular octave species or scale; one of the medieval church modes; a modern musical mode or diatonic scale, related to the medieval mode.
"


Groovy.
Happy first post !
I think a safe bet is taking a left down the hallway into the function room where there are people debating over BoC related conspiracies. Its pretty smokey in there though and there are rumors that the drinks have been spiked.
There's someone wearing a face-veil that has locked themselves in the Gents and we suspect, at this point, that it is MDG sent to keep an eye on us.

Needless to say, use the ladies if you are bursting because MDG's been in there for a good few months now surviving on twiglets slid under the door by Mexi when he thinks no one is looking.

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 7555
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Pork scratchings on Fridays.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Mexicola wrote:Pork scratchings on Fridays.


I actually wrote that originally but edited it to Twiglets when I realised that Pork Scratchings would be rather more difficult to individually slide under the door to the gents.

I'm guessing that if you do the special knock, he'll leave it slightly ajar to allow for larger varieties of pub snacks to be smuggled in but I assume you aren't at Liberty to discuss that.

Word to the wise, though. We aren't buying that 'Out of order' sign anymore. Its been more than two months. A blockage can only be so bad.

I saw you and Ae pushing that coffee maker through the window when I was out having a fag the other night, Mexi...
We're onto you.

User avatar
Sherbet Head
Status: Offline
Posts: 650
Joined: 21 Apr 2013
*continues to hum in the corner*
Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 2199
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
OT and sorry to continue the derailment but that brainwaltzera album is very decent. I agree with other posters that it sounds more like Christ than BOC, which I happen to see as a good thing, and there are clearly further influences from Jega's really old stuff and from Deru. I feel like there are track names which make oblique references to the boc fanboyism, little nods to people who have read the entirety of bocpages. I think whoever it is pretty much has to be a member here. Say hi!

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Joined: 14 Oct 2017
Location: Denver, CO
Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

That being said, did anyone else notice the 'like' that went up today on Twitter and was removed later in the day? I had been checking off and on because of the date (10+13=23) and saw they had liked a link to an article about their 'Energy Warning' track. I noticed this when I was just leaving work but had followed the link to the article to read later. I finally got to read in an hour later and then 'went back' into Twitter from the article and the 'like' had been taken down.

Anyone else catch this? Opothocary, thoughts?

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
OrangeRomeda wrote:Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

That being said, did anyone else notice the 'like' that went up today on Twitter and was removed later in the day? I had been checking off and on because of the date (10+13=23) and saw they had liked a link to an article about their 'Energy Warning' track. I noticed this when I was just leaving work but had followed the link to the article to read later. I finally got to read in an hour later and then 'went back' into Twitter from the article and the 'like' had been taken down.

Anyone else catch this? Opothocary, thoughts?


Happy first post!
Not sure where Opothocary is at, usually mention a Twitter like and you will get a paragraph of equations, especially as BoC have liked and then removed something.

Sit tight, he must be calculating.

Image

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1456
Joined: 7 Oct 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Valotonin wrote:
OrangeRomeda wrote:Very first post here. I've been a fan of BoC for about six months and have been following Opothecary's new album theories increasingly becoming more fascinated.

That being said, did anyone else notice the 'like' that went up today on Twitter and was removed later in the day? I had been checking off and on because of the date (10+13=23) and saw they had liked a link to an article about their 'Energy Warning' track. I noticed this when I was just leaving work but had followed the link to the article to read later. I finally got to read in an hour later and then 'went back' into Twitter from the article and the 'like' had been taken down.

Anyone else catch this? Opothocary, thoughts?


Happy first post!
Not sure where Opothocary is at, usually mention a Twitter like and you will get a paragraph of equations, especially as BoC have liked and then removed something.

Sit tight, he must be calculating


Was off in a beautiful place out in the country hiking, getting pissed on craft beer and eating Ben n Jerry's so haven't been paying attention actually

You sure about that Energy Warning article like? That was originally a like from October 3rd last year and it's still around...good article, but I always thought they liked a couple of his posts because he's standing next to that magic box...

Anyways, I guess keep an eye on October 17th, the Mr Mistake instrumental was released to YT on 2/17 and the vinyl announced 6/17...oh and 10/17 is 17 days from back 11/3...back to my Mastermind

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1083
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
Opothecary wrote:
Was off in a beautiful place out in the country hiking, getting pissed on craft beer and eating Ben n Jerry's so haven't been paying attention actually



Jealous. It sounds nice

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 7555
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
Quite relieved to hear he steps outside once in a while frankly!! Good on ya Opothecary, sounds lush.
Image

Slow down...

Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 88
Joined: 1 Jun 2017
10/17

strong date

will see
Image
Palace Posy

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Joined: 16 Jul 2017
CKAT-1 wrote:10/17

strong date

will see


i doubt it

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: WaitingFor_22 and 6 guests