GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
The use of "will" over and over in your posts allude to 2 things:

Either you have inside info of what is happening and because we fans are too stupid to follow these complex breadcrumbs you are drip feeding us to keep us hooked so the hype builds rather than the their effort being a total waste of time because it's all above our heads.

OR

You are totally mad and have gone down the rabbit hole on this one on your own.

Which is it?
You could feel the bullshit

Sherbet Head
Also regarding Brainwaltzera etc... We should praise good music for who they are not who we thing they might be.
It's obvious that some people will release music with heavy influences of the top Warp lot, you can hear influences in most people's music, mine too. There are more people out there than the handful of artists that we know of that are capable of making the music we like at a top level.
Let artists be themselves and don't discredit them if they are not who you might think they are.

That said, some people use this to their advantage, which is a can of worms in itself.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:The use of "will" over and over in your posts allude to 2 things:

Either you have inside info of what is happening and because we fans are too stupid to follow these complex breadcrumbs you are drip feeding us to keep us hooked so the hype builds rather than the their effort being a total waste of time because it's all above our heads.

OR

You are totally mad and have gone down the rabbit hole on this one on your own.

Which is it?

My thoughts exactly. Don't get too cocky my boy, you're just grasping straws like everybody else around here.

Eagle Minded
I am reminded of another predictor of dates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Camping

Camping predicted that Jesus Christ would return to Earth on May 21, 2011, whereupon the saved would be taken up to heaven in the rapture, and that there would follow five months of fire, brimstone and plagues on Earth, with millions of people dying each day, culminating on October 21, 2011, with the final destruction of the world. He had previously predicted that Judgment Day would occur on or about September 6, 1994.

His prediction for May 21, 2011, was widely reported, in part because of a large-scale publicity campaign by Family Radio, and it prompted ridicule from atheist organizations and rebuttals from Christian organizations. After May 21 passed without the predicted incidents, Camping said he believed that a "spiritual" judgment had occurred on that date, and that the physical Rapture would occur on October 21, 2011, simultaneously with the final destruction of the universe by God. Except for one press appearance on May 23, 2011, Camping largely avoided press interviews after May 21, particularly after he suffered a stroke in June 2011. After October 21, 2011 passed without the predicted apocalypse, the mainstream media labeled Camping a "false prophet" and commented that his ministry would collapse after the "failed 'Doomsday' prediction".

Dayvan Cowboy
He's been sent by Hexagon Sun to keep everyone on their toes as the brothers repeatedly push their actual release date back.

If you isolate some of the audio from the end of palace posy, below the voices, you can hear Opothocary typing furiously from the other side of the studio picked up by the percussion mics.

Boqurant
No, Opothecary is just a passionate fan, no way he’s (you Opothecary) is a BOC’s shadow-hand?
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
CKAT-1 wrote:No, Opothecary is just a passionate fan, no way he’s (you Opothecary) is a BOC’s shadow-hand?

I think I might have been joking, just a bit.

But yes, he is a very passionate fan and I respect him for it.

A small part of me still feels that I will be reading an interview next year and they will namedrop him, saying that he had faith where others had none.

As it says in the good book (Melissa 23:17)
And so Mike did lay his hands upon the box of words and magic, leaving numerals for all to see, but their faith was not stone. All but one did see. Marcus, the brother, sang in verse 'Oh ye, who have faith as strong as jelly nailed to a tree, ye cannae follow in the ARG unless ye have faith like Opothocary'

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:As it says in the good book (Melissa 23:17)
And so Mike did lay his hands upon the box of words and magic, leaving numerals for all to see, but their faith was not stone. All but one did see. Marcus, the brother, sang in verse 'Oh ye, who have faith as strong as jelly nailed to a tree, ye cannae follow in the ARG unless ye have faith like Opothocary'

In the name of the Hexagon Sons, Amo

Dayvan Cowboy
I've explained how the years each boiled down to a particular concept and their own set of rules, now it's time for you to think about what 8 could mean in relation to the first 2.

I like to think that I've taught you guys how to fish (and probably spent too long at it), I say the seeds have been planted, I stand by all of my work up until this point, but now it's in your hands - time for me to split off from any further direct speculation - I want to see what YOU cook up.

Telepath
Opothecary wrote:I want to see what YOU cook up.

I wait for the new website.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:I've explained how the years each boiled down to a particular concept and their own set of rules, now it's time for you to think about what 8 could mean in relation to the first 2.

I like to think that I've taught you guys how to fish (and probably spent too long at it), I say the seeds have been planted, I stand by all of my work up until this point, but now it's in your hands - time for me to split off from any further direct speculation - I want to see what YOU cook up.

You are literally keeping the forum going while we are experiencing the betwen-albums Lull.

Regardless of whether there is something to it or not, I think that your continued speculation on release dates is a pretty good thing.

(i.e don't go baby this thread needs you)

Dayvan Cowboy
Okay, I don't have a problem being specific about things that are already in the past.

9/27-9/28 saw a big flurry of activity, a new tweet, a bunch of likes, a like being taken away afterward, etc

Why?

- Let's say that 3/28/17 began a countdown that finished up on 9/28/17, use this as a baseline.
- 9/27/17 began a second countdown, based on what we know of the first countdown and other recently talked about future dates, when do you think this second one will end, and what are the implications of that going forward?

Friendly Stranger
Ok, I think there may be something going on. This time I took screen shots to make sure I wasn't going insane which I wish I would have done with the phantom like linking to that article (which I'm now really second guessing myself on now).

So, I few days after my post, I noticed that all of the likes from 2017 were gone. The only likes showing up were from 2016. This was all through the Twitter app, which may make a difference, I'm not sure.

This was the first shot taken on Oct. 14. The top like is most recent listed - the 2017 likes are nowhere to be found.

This is from Oct 16. Likes are now up to 9/30/2016. At this point I thought it may be an issue with the app and it was having a bug issue. However, it didn't appear to effect other people I follow.

Then, on Oct. 19 I noticed this:

All liked tweets are gone. I did notice that their number of tweets has not changed, it still says 64:

No clue if this means anything at all, just wanted to point it out and see if others noticed the same thing...

Eagle Minded
I can still see up to 29/9/17 likes on my twitter app.

Friendly Stranger
Twitter is killing my soul

Boqurant
The thing that there are still no activity from BOC after they dropped the remix. Likes doesnt count. Some music would be wellcome.
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
CKAT-1 wrote:The thing that there are still no activity from BOC after they dropped the remix. Likes doesnt count. Some music would be wellcome.

Can you explain in a bit more detail?
Do you mean no activity musically

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
CKAT-1 wrote:The thing that there are still no activity from BOC after they dropped the remix. Likes doesnt count. Some music would be wellcome.

well he did explain it. For him likes don't count as activity, after the Sexual Objects remix there hasn't been anything else musically.

Dayvan Cowboy
chronical wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

well he did explain it. For him likes don't count as activity, after the Sexual Objects remix there hasn't been anything else musically.

That's what I thought he might have meant. Cheers

Dayvan Cowboy
I wouldn't say that they keep pushing back their release, after all, the black box hung around for just over 2 years (for the record, I think Mexi was the first to notice it on 3/1/11, with the RSD incident being on 4/20/13) - if you look far enough ahead, despite the 2016/2017 mirroring effect, there are subtle things set up in 2016 that won't be properly explained/mirrored until 2018 either.

I've said many times, I think this is a black box that lives on social media, so ultimately I guess we should expect a similar lifespan for it to play itself out. We can't say we weren't given expectations ahead of time! The 2017 pattern was a mirror of the 2016 pattern, but now the next piece is to break the mirror.

Their twitter account should tell their full story from left to right - 36 tweets (6x6) - 43k followers (4+3=7) - 64 likes (8x8) - they are not done with us yet. In retrospect, we WERE warned - Video 43 on their playlist is Beware the Friendly Stranger.

Assuming resolution of the pattern in 2017 was a "Mistake" - think of the addition of the Echus plane crash video to the playlist on 4/3 and your shiny new Mr. Mistake picture disc in July which was hinted at by hiding its release date on their Soundcloud account, months before it was announced by messing with their entries for Geogaddi.

Let's say you don't quite get what I'm hinting at for 2018 - aside from my hints, we had a base number of 24 in 2016. You can do all the same cool tricks in 2018 that you could in 2016 (with a base of 8 instead of 6), except this time, it's the first half of the year instead of the second half. We might even find that elusive 48 that never turned up.

Lastly, I finally understand the glimpse of the half hexagon in Bibio's video teaser - do you?

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada