Poll: How likely is a 2018 Release ?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

How likely is a 2018 BoC release

100%
12%
80% - 100%
6%
60% - 80%
16%
40% - 60%
13%
20% - 40%
12%
0% - 20%
12%
0%
29%

Total votes: 83

Sherbet Head
These threads are so pointless tho.
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Dayvan Cowboy
AFX.NL wrote:These threads are so pointless tho.

They are, but we have to entertain ourselves in the meantime.

I was the person that painstakingly went through your R35TT video and listed timestamps for each track by the way, thanks for pinning the comment babe x

Most things are pointless when you get down to it. There have been (and will be) times when threads like this can irritate, but never forget, you always have the option to ignore or avoid if it's not for you. No harm is being done. Live and let live.

Except for Moby. He can do one. (My standard 'is 2020K watching' bait)

Slow down...

New Seed
There's an remix out by Boards Of Canada : NEVERMEN - Mr Mistake (instrumental)*. To me it doesn't sound like the analog BOC we know from BOC. I hope the new album will have that analog sound.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0sNLKMJAoQ

Eagle Minded
7uca5 wrote:There's an remix out by Boards Of Canada : NEVERMEN - Mr Mistake (instrumental)*. To me it doesn't sound like the analog BOC we know from BOC. I hope the new album will have that analog sound.

Perhaps try a better sound system or headphones.
preparation for a dive.

Posts Quantity
tonx wrote:
7uca5 wrote:There's an remix out by Boards Of Canada : NEVERMEN - Mr Mistake (instrumental)*. To me it doesn't sound like the analog BOC we know from BOC. I hope the new album will have that analog sound.

Perhaps try a better sound system or headphones.

He's right though. I was listening to digital BOC in 1987 after the brain damage the car accident jaquard causedway making it possible for my very first auditory hallucination in december of 1996. I can't be an anti-christ because of marilyn manson. I'm pro christ. I eat the word. Melissa can't bend backward cause jim causesway for her juice even though she is prized daughter sister when she's p and her blood sugar is low.

Dayvan Cowboy
Xaugh wrote:He's right though. I was listening to digital BOC in 1987 after the brain damage the car accident jaquard causedway making it possible for my very first auditory hallucination in december of 1996. I can't be an anti-christ because of marilyn manson. I'm pro christ. I eat the word. Melissa can't bend backward cause jim causesway for her juice even though she is prized daughter sister when she's p and her blood sugar is low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUxCpc ... u.be&t=240

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:

I was the person that painstakingly went through your R35TT video and listed timestamps for each track by the way, thanks for pinning the comment babe x

Thank you for the timestamps <3
HoodedFreak on Youtube
Interface on WATMM

Posts Quantity
AFX.NL wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

Thank you for the timestamps <3

:shock: Thank you foodstamps! :idea:

Friendly Stranger
Unfortunately I feel they won't release a full album for a long time. You can tell that Tomorrows Harvest was a huge project that included road trips and research. They have families and us fans are not priority. I'm not saying they don't love us but they probably put their families before the music. Tomorrows Harvest was released after an 8 year hiatus. So who knows how long a new full length album may take to be released.

Dayvan Cowboy

I think they are still definitely using analogue recording devices but, as witnessed on TH, they have gone for the more professional 'Film Soundtrack' type sound using high quality tape in recent years.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:

I think they are still definitely using analogue recording devices but, as witnessed on TH, they have gone for the more professional 'Film Soundtrack' type sound using high quality tape in recent years.

Probably using that MSR-16 listed in the Equipment page on Bocpages, or maybe a big 2" 24 track machine

Dayvan Cowboy
ParticleGhost wrote:
Valotonin wrote:

Probably using that MSR-16 listed in the Equipment page on Bocpages, or maybe a big 2" 24 track machine

Cheers for the info. From the clarity of the more recent recordings I always imagined (based on nothing other than sound) that they had one of those rather large Ampex 24-tracks as described above but an MSR-16 may well do the trick.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:
Xaugh wrote:He's right though. I was listening to digital BOC in 1987 after the brain damage the car accident jaquard causedway making it possible for my very first auditory hallucination in december of 1996. I can't be an anti-christ because of marilyn manson. I'm pro christ. I eat the word. Melissa can't bend backward cause jim causesway for her juice even though she is prized daughter sister when she's p and her blood sugar is low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUxCpc ... u.be&t=240

what does that mean

Dayvan Cowboy
Xaugh wrote:what does that mean

A psychedelic trip can be a lengthy ordeal filled with alternating uncertainty and false revelations

Posts Quantity
5 years is long enough of a buffer between albums... and they did hint that we wouldn't have to wait as long this time, if I remember correctly. My fingers are crossed for at least an announcement or teaser bread crumb trail in 2018.

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:
Xaugh wrote:what does that mean

A psychedelic trip can be a lengthy ordeal filled with alternating uncertainty and false revelations

Mrs Head,

I don't do drugs, should you?

Sherbet Head
Question: How likely is a 2018 release?

Answer: Un

Unlikely

Sherbet Head
I think it's highly unlikely considering it's 2019 already. I still voted 100% though, because I like my sense of humor.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
“60% - 80%” won the poll, but the cynics won the bet... lol

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada