Boc Maxima Tape Scan

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
I made some tape scans of Boc Maxima in Photoshop the other day, and wanted to see what y'all think.

If you want the original high quality tape scan (this image of it is sized down) then PM me.

Friendly Stranger
Eurostile still looks kickass. It's so old school but it fits BoC to a tee.

Sherbet Head
good work, very similar to the original artwork's tape..

Sherbet Head

Friendly Stranger
polarbear wrote:good work, very similar to the original artwork's tape..

All I had to go off of was this:

New Seed
thanks for share

Posts Quantity
Resurrecting this thread because I noticed something interesting about the liner notes here (and I am absolutely certain I'm not the first to notice this, but I did a preliminary google and twoism forum search and couldn't find any discussion about it apart from one comment on Discogs.com.) The cassette insert notes say "tracks 4, 8, 15, 16 from skam ep "hi scores"" but track 16 is M9, which of course is not on Hi Scores. Was there ever any further info on whether or not M9 was at one point earmarked for Hi Scores but then got swapped out for Turquoise Hexagon Sun at the last moment? Or is it just likely to be a typo and they mean to print "track 18" (which is Turquoise Hexagon on Boc Maxima.) I realize that probably it's all just baseless speculation but I thought I'd ask anyway.

M9 would have fit perfectly on Hi Scores, I think.

Dayvan Cowboy
it appears clear that rushfan82 was working from a fake and the mike p image posted by polarbear could quite plausibly say track 18.

Dayvan Cowboy
breadmaker wrote:Resurrecting this thread because I noticed something interesting about the liner notes here (and I am absolutely certain I'm not the first to notice this, but I did a preliminary google and twoism forum search and couldn't find any discussion about it apart from one comment on Discogs.com.) The cassette insert notes say "tracks 4, 8, 15, 16 from skam ep "hi scores"" but track 16 is M9, which of course is not on Hi Scores. Was there ever any further info on whether or not M9 was at one point earmarked for Hi Scores but then got swapped out for Turquoise Hexagon Sun at the last moment? Or is it just likely to be a typo and they mean to print "track 18" (which is Turquoise Hexagon on Boc Maxima.) I realize that probably it's all just baseless speculation but I thought I'd ask anyway.

M9 would have fit perfectly on Hi Scores, I think.

Remember Lost? Remember the Numbers?

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

Posts Quantity
Techboy wrote:it appears clear that rushfan82 was working from a fake and the mike p image posted by polarbear could quite plausibly say track 18.

right, duh. I should have thought of that. Looking at the Mike P image again I see that it isn't high rez enough to make out the numbers . . .

Return to Boards of Canada