BoC and dreams

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

It was actually us mods and MDG, talking in your ear.

Stay off the weed ;-)

Slow down...

Telepath
Stay off the weed? But...

phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
Yo Cupz,

my dreams honestly feel like complete projections of things that happen to to me in physical life and I feel like 9/10 dreams I have morph into strange confusion. I have definitely had some homo-erotic things happen to me in dreams but its like I am watching them happen and not engaged in it.

I had a dream with BOC in it once too and it was disappointing because my mind made them out to be lame! I was staying at their neighbors house or something and there was an out door American style pool party or something similar and I discussed their arrival with the neighbor and he said something like "they don't go out much". They show up and I meet them–they are wearing kind of tacky clothes and looked unhealthy and the experience created the feel of disappointment... they didn't look like how they actually look like at all. Then as the party continued they just kept to themselves, Marcus was reading and Mike was just wandering around... my mind distorted them.

I realized that the dream was a complete projection of sub-consciously putting BOC on a pedestal and building these expectations... this dream happened at a time when I was thinking about BOC a lot. I feel like the dream taught me something.

Posts Quantity
lol

New Seed
circleofthesun wrote:
anecdote wrote:
circleofthesun wrote:Boards?
In North Korea?
What the fuck???

I have no clue...I remember some part of the dream was that their secret studio was located there

It's just that politically I see them to be the kind of people to want to destroy it from the inside? Maybe that's what they were trying to do hence their leniency with you about keeping their tapes?
Also: juche.bandcamp.com

That juche band you linked to is fucking awesome, duder! I think that this is probably what they listen to in North Korea. It's definitely got a BoC feel to it, including the obvious references on juche.bandcamp.com/album/juche to numbers stations.

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:--- WARNING: STUPID CREEPY FANBOY STUFF - DON'T HATE ME ---

Since my last BoC dreams turned out to be prophetic (trans canada highway, specifically about the invocation video and tomorrows harvest), I'm going to share the one I had this morning, just so I can say I told you so when something hits the scene and I'll be proper freaked.

Note: I don't dream like this often, about famous people/people I admire, they are usually about stranger things, at best only involving personal real-life friends.

First part was I was having tea with the brothers, I was physically near them. They where playing me tunes. I asked them which one was Micheal and which one was Marcus but they just sniffled and said it was a secret. Even made some walks through a large garden with them, two different walks with them separately. As they talked, I noticed the significant roles they played as an individual in the band because of the way they talked about music, where Mike was like Light and Marcus was Dark . They where very mysterious about song/band specifics, but very open about their interests. I didn't want to ask to much about Boards of Canada as I was afraid the music would stop, I'd just talk about movies and other music, and they responded very enlightening. Some of the most interesting and specific dream dialog I've ever experienced. The music sounded a bit like a combination of EYDIAB and Roygbiv, or the poppy seeds remix, but it was def. new stuff. Produced very well, almost clean sounding (in a BoC sense, as clean as skyliner) and very melodic. The strange/slightly erotic thing was they were very physical with me on the couch while we where talking, stroking and tickling me, but in secret. I didn't like it, slowly pushing their hands away but not to much as I was afraid the music would stop. I think that's just my wife-in-the-eyes-of-god Willie cuddling me in the physical realm though.

Then I wake up slightly because a window fell open and I shocked. I think this was a key moment , right at the end of the dream-cycle, and Willie woke up to so I could immediately tell, so it would be engraved in my mind. She just laughed in my face and said "you fanboy" then told me her dream and we fell asleep again right smack-dab at the start of the next dream-cycle, it was pretty perfect because I would have forgotten it otherwise. Then the next part came up. It started in deep-sleep abstract behavior, randomly colored landscapes and abstract shapes, very vivid as if it was REM-sleep, but intensely nostalgic. Its a miracle I still remember some of that. I lost track of it pretty soon before REM kicked in again and BoC was again the main subject. This time less personal and I don't remember as much. I was still chatting with them on the computer over something that looked like the twoism replex theme, and they where talking about making music for a cartoon. It was like a broken anime, very psychedelic and nostalgic and allot of vhs static. I surely remember something big was released...I forgot allot of important stuff in that part of the dream.

Well that's it. What do you guys make of this? :shock:

First of all, that's a weird dream. I've had dreams where I've asked famous people about their work, but never one in which the word "erotic" could be used to describe it.

To answer the topic, I have very vivid dreams almost nightly. However, I've never fallen asleep with BoC playing, nor any music really. One time I fell asleep to C418's "little things", but that's pretty far from BoC. Dos anyone have a good recommendation for an album to use or something? I'm thinking TCH.

Side note, but now that I think of it, C418 is kind of a younger, more hip, computer-based version of BoC. He's very atmospheric, yet odd and rhythmic.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

New Seed
I have a playlist specifically designed to bring on dreams!

I was in that in-between stage with waking and sleeping and listening to Orange Romeda, and that bubbly synth sound followed by the "wow" made me dream of a bus driving through mud, gaining and losing traction every so often.

Everything You Do is a Balloon made me dream of flying an airplane, not dissimilar to my avatar but with two engines and painted white while flying at night.

I think IDM in general is awesome to listen to while sleeping, I had a lucid dream where I skydived through Saturn, which was inspired by what I imagine when listening to Sunshine Recorder.

Eagle Minded
I can see that working for Everything You Do is a Balloon. Whenever I hear it, I think of rushing via bicycle to somewhere that I need to be. Not really somewhere that I NEED to be, like a meeting or a job, but somewhere that I want to be, like a friend's house.

Sunshine Recorder reminds me of sitting alone, thinking out a problem. If anything, it sounds "thinking" for lack of a better term.
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Nova Scotia Robot
I had another BoC dream again. I was out in the woods behind my house and found a huge, yet hidden, clearing. In the clearing was a stage and gathered people. Hippies, in fact. Once the sun started shining, music started playing. It was astonishingly beautiful. I looked at the stage and saw Mike and Marcus up there with lots of gear, synths and speakers and microphones. They were just about finished setting up the mics when one of them said: "This is a little different from what you've heard, but we hope you enjoy it." Then the music really started up loud. From what I can recall, the song they played at this point included vocals from both brothers. But they weren't saying words. They were saying half-words kinda. Like the chopped up vocals in lots of their stuff, but with longer syllables. Like someone would sing normally, but with no discernible lyrics. Besides the vocals, there was guitar and synths playing with some really abstract percussion. It was one of the coolest things I've ever heard. Then my dream moved on to something else. I wish I could remember the song better so I could attempt piecing it together IRL. I just remember being incredibly excited and thankful that I was able to hear that, even if it was something never to be experienced again.

Dayvan Cowboy
Last night I had a BoC dream.

I dreamed that there was a secret hatch in the concrete in the floor of a garage outside my house leading to a small but admittedly very comfortable studio room with nice incandescent ambient lighting lamp(s) and every kind of tape machine. I didn't go in but I caught a glimpse of it from above in the small square hole in the concrete where I had removed a piece to reveal the ladder.
I turned around and saw Mike and Marcus and I agreed not to tell anyone the location of their secret music den should they tell me what guitar was used for the recording of Hey Saturday Sun (I always had a feeling it was a Fender Jaguar/Jazzmaster and wanted that to be validated). They giggled and one of them (I think Mike but with Marcus adding some description afterwards) told me that it wasn't a guitar track at all and they had used an electromagnet pickup placed over the strings of an open Piano (I fucking doubt that is the case)

Anyway, that was a nice dream.
Just thought I would share it.

Sherbet Head
Had A weird dream with over the horizon radar that seemed to be 3rd person was not even remotely in the dream. Some weird love cliche dream thing like something straight out of some movie theater or something. Was like a camera or something.

Never really have 3rd person dreams.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
boards4chanada wrote:
That juche band you linked to is fucking awesome, duder! I think that this is probably what they listen to in North Korea. It's definitely got a BoC feel to it, including the obvious references on juche.bandcamp.com/album/juche to numbers stations.

Aw, this was your first post and you didn't come back.
I hope you do come back.

Dayvan Cowboy
Last night I fell asleep while listening to BoC and had a really creepy dream that started with me "waking up" from a nightmare (though of course I just woke up into another dream), then going out into the living room of my house (it was totally different than my house but I knew that's what it was supposed to be). Some of my friends and their family members were all sitting around in the living room somberly in suits & dresses, like they were going to an important event or something. I kept trying to ask my friend what was going on, but she just kept saying "we're going to need you to go back to bed."

I remember thinking they might be going to a secret cult meeting. Then I woke up and "In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country" was playing.

Sherbet Head
Had a few dreams about the brothers themselves.

Latest one was the brothers on stage and a drummer on stage tried jumping marcus and then the dream cut to them dressed up as chameleons and jumping in a ball pit. :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada