Announcement


Twoism Records presents:

Infinite Mirror by The Weathermonger

phpBB [media]

Follow this link for more info

Time Apple in Left Side Drive?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 85
Joined: 25 Oct 2014
I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 280
Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]

All Im hearing is a higher pitched piano sample.

User avatar
Friendly Stranger
Status: Offline
Posts: 35
Joined: 13 May 2018
Location: Macquarie Ridge, Canada
0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.
transmisiones | happy cycling.

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 280
Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
Nautilus wrote:0:02 to about 0:05 is pretty similar to 0:42 to 0:50, except that (as Flory said) Left Side Drive's version is slightly higher-pitched and has a different chord progression. in my opinion they're not terribly alike and I really don't think that they used Time Apple in Left Side Drive.

I can definitely hear a piano sample most likely its a other of there own samples.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 4069
Joined: 1 Dec 2005
Crystalspike wrote:I haven't seen this mentioned in the Left Side Drive article in BOC Pages or mentioned in the forum, so here is something from another boc song im pretty sure im hearing at the beginning:

phpBB [media]


Is that you, Jason Sanders?

I will say this sounds close, but I am not convinced.

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1410
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
luminousdusk wrote:I always thought I could hear part of the Time Apple sample at about 3:25-3:29 in Chromakey Dreamcoat. Ive never investigated it though

It sounds like the other loop in that segment, another of the website loops, the name has completely gone from my mind. The one that reminds me heavily of a VHS taped '95 recording of the national lottery.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!

User avatar
Happy Cycler
Status: Offline
Posts: 4896
Joined: 15 Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.
Image

User avatar
Eagle Minded
Status: Offline
Posts: 280
Joined: 15 Mar 2018
Location: Hooper Bay
747Music wrote:I think the only remaining modern browser that will still run the atomless site is firefox with the proper shockwave addon/plugin.

IE 6 or the one that comes on win 7 also works.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Thanks guys, I have tried it with latest Firefox and shockwave but the page refuses to load at all. Then I gave the latest IE a try and can't get past the loading screen. I'll try an older version of both browsers and see what happens.

Is the 'islands' sim on the atomless site too? Or is that something else entirely? Been a while..

User avatar
Moderator
Status: Offline
Posts: 7918
Joined: 30 May 2007
Location: Dorset, UK
You need an old version of IE. I had the same problem recently but Windows 10 has a version of IE buried away that itstill runs on.
Image

Slow down...

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
Oh cool. I'm really glad the site is still up, in this day and age it's not often things like that live on

User avatar
Dayvan Cowboy
Status: Offline
Posts: 1410
Joined: 7 Feb 2014
Location: London, UK
luminousdusk wrote:Could be Gann? While we are on the subject I've been having difficulty getting the atomless flash thing to load. Using Windows explorer, have the flash installed, loads the loading screen but then crashes!


Its Gann, yes
Glad my vague description helped.

User avatar
Boqurant
Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Joined: 13 Mar 2017
LMAO. Lucky guess

Return to Boards of Canada

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests