Yet Another Random 35 Track Tape Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Shizuka Rizumu wrote:Sorry to post again! It seems I can't edit my post. I sloppily beat-matched B09 and WYLTBF together, also raising B09 by 4 semitones (from Fmaj to Amaj), and, er...?

https://soundcloud.com/shizuka-rizumu/b ... e-free-b09

:shock:
EDIT:
Just noticed that B08 who can be Remmy Kind followed B09 and B09 with the excerpt match perfectly.....
Wouldn't You Like to Be Free? can be a progressive song with electronic and guitar like suppose the excerpt :]

Eagle Minded
MadMaz wrote:
Shizuka Rizumu wrote:Sorry to post again! It seems I can't edit my post. I sloppily beat-matched B09 and WYLTBF together, also raising B09 by 4 semitones (from Fmaj to Amaj), and, er...?

EDIT:
Just noticed that B08 who can be Remmy Kind followed B09 and B09 with the excerpt match perfectly.....
Wouldn't You Like to Be Free? can be a progressive song with electronic and guitar like suppose the excerpt :]

What?

Dayvan Cowboy
It might have been Techboy a couple years back that pointed out that B12 sounds like a good potential candidate for Geyser, and I tend to agree

Sherbet Head
MadMaz wrote:

EDIT:

More likely they just re-used the beat since they still had it on tape somewhere, wouldn't be the only time they did such a thing (Turquoise/Orange Hexagon Sun share a beat, pretty sure there's a couple other examples too)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:
MadMaz wrote:

EDIT:

More likely they just re-used the beat since they still had it on tape somewhere, wouldn't be the only time they did such a thing (Turquoise/Orange Hexagon Sun share a beat, pretty sure there's a couple other examples too)

Spectrum and Twoism. A08 and June 9th. There may be more.
You could even say B07 and Basefree for a particular part.

Sherbet Head
I wonder what the tape looks like.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Posts Quantity
A3, A12 and B11 are my favorites
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Boqurant
I’m probably alone on this, but apart from A06, A07, and B01, I doubt any of the unknown tracks are from older releases. They sound very under produced, like they were just doodles of songs rather than fleshed out ones. It’s still a very good listen, but i imagine most of the private releases sounding closer to the tracks on a few old tunes, with play by numbers just being its own thing.
Image Image Image

Dayvan Cowboy
Casiotone wrote:I’m probably alone on this, but apart from A06, A07, and B01, I doubt any of the unknown tracks are from older releases. They sound very under produced, like they were just doodles of songs rather than fleshed out ones. It’s still a very good listen, but i imagine most of the private releases sounding closer to the tracks on a few old tunes, with play by numbers just being its own thing.

Given that the older releases weren't distributed outside of friends and family, that's exactly the type of music that I'd expect to hear on them, not them holding back a secret unreleased precursor on the level of Geogaddi made in 1992 or whatever.

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:
Casiotone wrote:I’m probably alone on this, but apart from A06, A07, and B01, I doubt any of the unknown tracks are from older releases. They sound very under produced, like they were just doodles of songs rather than fleshed out ones. It’s still a very good listen, but i imagine most of the private releases sounding closer to the tracks on a few old tunes, with play by numbers just being its own thing.

Given that the older releases weren't distributed outside of friends and family, that's exactly the type of music that I'd expect to hear on them, not them holding back a secret unreleased precursor on the level of Geogaddi made in 1992 or whatever.

Well, I definitely don’t expect it to be very complex and impressive music, but given the quality of twoism, and like I mentioned old tunes, I would assume at least PBN and onwards would have decent quality production. Plus, I don’t particularly think the given samples sound much like what’s heard on the r35tt. But, I’m not going to rain on your speculation parade, for all I know r35tt could be closes vol 2! :)
Image Image Image

Eagle Minded
The old tunes tapes have their fair share of underproduced doodles too. I believe their 'proper' unreleased albums would be more polished since they weren't just fun little compilation tapes handed around to their pals at Christmas.

Dayvan Cowboy
There are quite a few of us who believe that’s exactly what the pre-Twoism albums are.

Boqurant
I would just think its weird that with Twoism they would suddenly up their game and create a proper album. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to put good work into all of their private albums? It's not like Twoism was supposed to be their big break
Image Image Image

Sherbet Head
Casiotone wrote:I would just think its weird that with Twoism they would suddenly up their game and create a proper album. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to put good work into all of their private albums? It's not like Twoism was supposed to be their big break

It was autechre the man who forwarded the duo to skam. Also how did the 1995 lp get leaked? If so how come no other album was leaked?

Nova Scotia Robot
How can you give proper judgement to production quality with low bitrate copies from a pretty poorly ripped cassette?

I’ve heard HQ old tunes and I can say the production is just fine, especially considering their experience level at the time. Of course some of the songs stand above others. Further, it can be tough to nail production and sound quality when you’re taping over the same length of tape over and over again.

I still do doubt much, if any of R35TT is from those old Music70 releases though.

Nova Scotia Robot
Flory wrote:
Casiotone wrote:I would just think its weird that with Twoism they would suddenly up their game and create a proper album. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to put good work into all of their private albums? It's not like Twoism was supposed to be their big break

It was autechre the man who forwarded the duo to skam. Also how did the 1995 lp get leaked? If so how come no other album was leaked?

1995 Twoism got leaked because they sent out copies to several potentials for business, so more than just trusted friends and family.

Boqurant
30 copies for records shops and label, the band have 70 copies of Twoism

Sherbet Head
Plot twist: All the tracks are actually named after vitamins and we've had the real titles all along
...okay, maybe not, but it was worth a try lol
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
I gota say, A10 and B04 both have similar sounding guitars and both end with bass.
Sometimes I like to think B04 is Numerator and A10 is Numerator (original). Of course A10 has only half the track length of Numerator (original)

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada