Favorite to Least Favorite BoC releases?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Campfire Headphase > MHTRTC > Tomorrow's Harvest > Geogaddi
Campfire Headphase is just such a solid album which I can't get enough of at the moment. This list will no doubt change soon though.

Sherbet Head
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
Cupz wrote:I see a correlation here.

Could it be that the people who like Campfire Headphase the most tend to like Tomorrow's Harvest the least, and vice-versa?

I like TCH and I still don't hate TH.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
Albums...
1. Geogaddi
2. Campfire Headphase
3. MHTRTC
4. Tomorrow's Harvest

EPs...
1. IABPOITC
2. Hi Scores
3. Trans Canada Highway
4. Twoism

Geogaddi and IABPOITC just connect with me in such a deep way and soundtracked the deepest lows and the highest highs in my life. I expected MHTRTC to be my second favourite but I keep going back to TCH and finding more to love about it. I love how it is the polar opposite of the dark oppressive nature of Geogaddi but just as compelling.

Telepath
The average so far (excel powers ftw) :

1. MHTRTC
2. GEOGADDI
3. TCH
4. TH

I see a correlation here :shock:

Don't believe me? Do the math!

Posts Quantity
Don't do the maths yet, I want to put in my votes!

Albums:
1. Tomorrow's Harvest
2. Geogaddi
3. Campfire Headphase
4. MHTRTC

EPs:
1. IABPOITC
2. Hi Scores
3. Trans Canada Highway
4. Twoism

TH is the first album I bought on vinyl, and the first album I grew to love (as opposed to merely liking it). I love the dark apocalyptic vibes, they really float my boat; I watched a lot of John Carpenter movies as a kid, too, so maybe that's a factor.

Geogaddi I love because of the mysteriousness and plethora of creepy easter eggs. Also sounds the best while played backwards! :P

Friendly Stranger
Albums:
1. MHtRtC
2. TCH
3. Geogaddi
4. TH

EPs:
1. IABPoitC
2. Trans Canada Highway
3. Twoism
4. Hi Scores

Compilations:
1. R35TT
2. A Few Old Tunes
3. Old Tunes Vol. 2

This is mostly based on the number of listens. I still haven't really got to know TH yet, but I prefer the more melodical approach of the earlier releases as opposed to more sountrack-like TH.

Sherbet Head
Lately it's been like this for me:

Albums
1. TH
2. TCH
3. MHTRTC
4. Geo

EP's
1. Hi Scores
2. IABPOITC
3. Twoism
4. TCHighway
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Nova Scotia Robot
Favourite releases from best to worst, imo, are as follows.

In 1st Place there is a tie between: MHTRTC, Geogaddi, TCH and TH.

The EPs are a 1st place tie as well.

It just depends on what I'm listening to at the time. Whatever album or song playing into my ears is at that moment, my favourite.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:Favourite releases from best to worst, imo, are as follows.

In 1st Place there is a tie between: MHTRTC, Geogaddi, TCH and TH.

The EPs are a 1st place tie as well.

It just depends on what I'm listening to at the time. Whatever album or song playing into my ears is at that moment, my favourite.

I've been thinking about that before and there is certainly a truth to that. It actually makes all comparisons, ratings and reviews redundant from that pov :lol:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Friendly Stranger
I have quantitative data

Last edited by GeorgeTheHamster on Mon May 14, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:Don't believe me? Do the math!

But haven't you heard? Math is wrong! Always has been!
phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
Cupz wrote:Don't believe me? Do the math!

But haven't you heard? Math is wrong! Always has been!
phpBB [media]

Someone help find a clean copy of locust toybox - otravine from TNHHY. Its been lost since math broke.

Sherbet Head
Flory wrote:Someone help find a clean copy of locust toybox - otravine from TNHHY. Its been lost since math broke.

Which song is that? It isn't the song at the end because that is from the end of Lemons in a Jar.

Eagle Minded
Currently re: the EPs

1) Trans Canada Highway
2) Hi Scores
3) IABPOITC
4) Twoism

Re: the albums, personally the jury's out... I honestly can rank none of them in any real order at the moment. I'll reserve comment on those for now.

Sherbet Head
zeoevil wrote:
Flory wrote:Someone help find a clean copy of locust toybox - otravine from TNHHY. Its been lost since math broke.

Which song is that? It isn't the song at the end because that is from the end of Lemons in a Jar.

Its during the what are you going to do about it interview.

Boqurant
1. Tomorrow's Harvest
2. The Campfire Headphase
3. Geogaddi
4. Music Has the Right to Children

My opinion will probably be the least popular, but I really find the top two albums calming and really complex/beautiful and the only ones I can actually listen through without feeling empty inside

Pls don't kill me
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Eagle Minded
Nautilus wrote:My opinion will probably be the least popular, but I really find the top two albums calming and really complex/beautiful and the only ones I can actually listen through without feeling empty inside
oh yeah? tell me more about how geo and music make you feel

Boqurant
Ok my reply will probably be a bit abrasive so shield your eyes, fellow twoismers 8)

Spoiler: show
I like a lot of the tracks on MHTRTC and Geogaddi, it's just that more than a few of the songs on those albums are just too much for me/my ears to bear.

specifically, on MHTRTC, the songs I just can't get behind are Telephasic Workshop, Sixtyten, Rue the Whirl, and Pete Standing Alone.

Telephasic Workshop - the Cold-Earth-esque noises coming from the guy's mouth sound like he's vomiting twice every second for six minutes straight.
Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone - to me, these both are the aural equivalent of getting whipped. if I lower the volume, I can't hear it, but if I turn it up even a slight bit it feels like this person's slapping me in my ear.
Rue the Whirl - pretty straightforward, the tune is repetitive and just when I think there's this big shift in the rhythm it just keeps hammering away at my patience

gripes on Geogaddi -

Gyroscope / Alpha and Omega / The Beach at Redpoint - see Rue the Whirl and Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone
Opening the Mouth - just really hard to concentrate on the track
The Devil Is In the Details / A is to B as B is to C - ummm :shock: hard to explain, just makes me feel like I'm in hell or something or I'm being burned alive idk. really dark and kind of the reason why I don't listen to Geogaddi when I'm alone at night
Dawn Chorus - see Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone
You Could Feel the Sky - sounds like velcro and idk why but I really don't like the sound of velcro. kind of like when you get annoyed at fingernails on a chalkboard
Magic Window - too loud, I kind of feel like there's this freaking storm with hail and lightning and its ripping my brain out of my skull and it takes so long to end and you cant even tell when it will end

hope you didn't click on that :shock:
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Sherbet Head
Nautilus wrote:Ok my reply will probably be a bit abrasive so shield your eyes, fellow twoismers 8)

Spoiler: show
I like a lot of the tracks on MHTRTC and Geogaddi, it's just that more than a few of the songs on those albums are just too much for me/my ears to bear.

specifically, on MHTRTC, the songs I just can't get behind are Telephasic Workshop, Sixtyten, Rue the Whirl, and Pete Standing Alone.

Telephasic Workshop - the Cold-Earth-esque noises coming from the guy's mouth sound like he's vomiting twice every second for six minutes straight.
Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone - to me, these both are the aural equivalent of getting whipped. if I lower the volume, I can't hear it, but if I turn it up even a slight bit it feels like this person's slapping me in my ear.
Rue the Whirl - pretty straightforward, the tune is repetitive and just when I think there's this big shift in the rhythm it just keeps hammering away at my patience

gripes on Geogaddi -

Gyroscope / Alpha and Omega / The Beach at Redpoint - see Rue the Whirl and Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone
Opening the Mouth - just really hard to concentrate on the track
The Devil Is In the Details / A is to B as B is to C - ummm :shock: hard to explain, just makes me feel like I'm in hell or something or I'm being burned alive idk. really dark and kind of the reason why I don't listen to Geogaddi when I'm alone at night
Dawn Chorus - see Sixtyten + Pete Standing Alone
You Could Feel the Sky - sounds like velcro and idk why but I really don't like the sound of velcro. kind of like when you get annoyed at fingernails on a chalkboard
Magic Window - too loud, I kind of feel like there's this freaking storm with hail and lightning and its ripping my brain out of my skull and it takes so long to end and you cant even tell when it will end

hope you didn't click on that :shock:

To late.

Sherbet Head
I love Rue the whirl and it's repetitiveness, sends me into a trance. I love the fleeting synth, so dreamy. That beat that just plods along without a care in the world

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada