Twoism (Cassette)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Hello people, it is known that the album "Twoism" exists in cassette format.. but at least i have never known that someone owns it and i have never seen a photo of the mysterious cassette.
Does anyone know more about this? or have any photo of the tape? :shock:

https://www.discogs.com/Boards-Of-Canad ... ease/15289
http://bocpages.org/wiki/Twoism_(release)

Sherbet Head

i just found this on the internet.. is it fake?

Sherbet Head
polarbear wrote:Image

i just found this on the internet.. is it fake?

The cover looks like it was printed on a home printer. Most likely fan made.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
polarbear wrote:i just found this on the internet.. is it fake?
Where did you find it?

Nova Scotia Robot
Flory wrote:
polarbear wrote:Image

[size=100]i just found this on the internet.. is it fake?

The cover looks like it was printed on a home printer. Most likely fan made.

I think it'll be harder to judge than that because we know that the real copies were home made by the band.

Sherbet Head
Wait don't they use TDK?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Nova Scotia Robot
Flory wrote:Wait don't they use TDK?

Not exclusively. They've used probably just whatever was available to them at the time. Maxima was on Memorex.

I figure it'd be better to look at what type of tape, not what brand. It looks like they may have stuck to Type II cassettes. The photo shows a Type II cassette. It's nothing conclusive, but it is consistent.

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:
I think it'll be harder to judge than that because we know that the real copies were home made by the band.

Looks like a kind of printer transfer you wouldn't have seen much until ~2005, the ageing is way off, it would be more than crumpled you would see telltale bleaching/fading if it wasn't in any kind of protective case. There doesn't seem to be any gloss on the cover that one would use if it were a professional card cassette case, it genuinely just looks like a printer paper transfer so I am calling fake on this one.

Nova Scotia Robot
Valotonin wrote:
747Music wrote:

Looks like a kind of printer transfer you wouldn't have seen much until ~2005, the ageing is way off, it would be more than crumpled you would see telltale bleaching/fading if it wasn't in any kind of protective case. There doesn't seem to be any gloss on the cover that one would use if it were a professional card cassette case, it genuinely just looks like a printer paper transfer so I am calling fake on this one.

I can't argue with that. I've never had my own printer lol.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:
747Music wrote:

i think the same as you.. Valotonin!!
but then there is no picture of some cassette of the original twoism album until today? :shock:

Nova Scotia Robot
Come to think of it... Anyone not rocking a DOT Matrix printer in 1995 was filthy stinkin' rich. Good luck getting a DOT Matrix to print like that.
I'm really leaning towards fake now too.

Also, the font in the photo looks thicker. It's especially noticeable in the yellow font "Boards of Canada". It's like someone wanted to fix the pixelation of it being blown up a bit when printed to that size, so they took time to paint over it in a photo editor, resulting in a thicker/bolder font.

Sherbet Head
747Music wrote:Come to think of it... Anyone not rocking a DOT Matrix printer in 1995 was filthy stinkin' rich. Good luck getting a DOT Matrix to print like that.

Also, the font in the photo looks thicker. It's especially noticeable in the yellow font "Boards of Canada". It's like someone wanted to fix the pixelation of it being blown up a bit when printed to that size, so they took time to paint over it in a photo editor, resulting in a thicker/bolder font.

i had not noticed that you say of the yellow font, i agree with you!

Dayvan Cowboy
747Music wrote:Come to think of it... Anyone not rocking a DOT Matrix printer in 1995 was filthy stinkin' rich. Good luck getting a DOT Matrix to print like that.

Agreed, that is a good observation and not something I had noticed. The font definitely has either been stretched or traced over and that was most likely to hide pixelation.

Nova Scotia Robot
Valotonin wrote:

Agreed, that is a good observation and not something I had noticed. The font definitely has either been stretched or traced over and that was most likely to hide pixelation.

747DetectiveAgency is now open and accepting clients. 8) :lol:

Return to Boards of Canada