Can we take some time to discuss how great Whitewater is?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
yeah whitewater is a good song. I hope one day it gets a remaster along with the rest of boc maxima
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Boqurant
whitewater is my life
Image Image Image

Nova Scotia Robot
Wildfire wrote:
Flory wrote:Whitewater. People say water is blue. But its actually clear. White is often the color associated with colorless.
Could this all just be about the color?

Actually water is blue.

Snow has a slight blue tinge to it's ambient light, I think water might as well. When less direct light reflects off of snow around twilight time of day, the snow looks blueish. I love the way it looks.

Water typically appears blue from the ground due to it's reflecting the sky, right? On a very overcast or stormy day, the water looks much more grey. Depth and type of water bedding comes into play as well, I believe. That's what I'd heard as a kid anyways.

Whitewater is just a way to describe spots in moving water systems where the water is disturbed enough through it's motion to create whitecaps without needing waves. I think if they wanted to make a statement in the way you mean, regarding colour, they would have called the song "White Water".

TheStatPow is dead on, white is all colours. Although many do refer to white as colourless (likely due to blank painting canvases being white), if they would make an effort to make a song about colour I figure they'd likely approach it from a scientific perspective. The strangeness of science is a huge interest and inspiration for them, after all.

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
I feel that these kind of BoC tracks (like 5-9-78) really resonate with me on a very deep level when I'm in the right mood. It's not that often that this mood comes up, but just now is the time for that again.

Listened to Whitewater just now and it's still a great mystery to me how sadness and beauty can be felt simultaneously. The sad side of nostalgia and the fleeting dreams that never happened or will never happen, which doesn't matter because everything is okay as it is right now. Past and future as one. This track just represents polar opposites in a very mysterious way for me.
Last edited by Gazebo4 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
Gazebo4 wrote:I feel that these kind of BoC tracks (like 5-9-78) really resonate with me on a very deep level when I'm in the right mood. It's not that often that this mood comes up, but just now is the time for that again.

Listened to Whitewater just now and it's still a great mystery to me how sadness and beauty can be felt simultaneously. The sad side of nostalgia and fleeting dreams that never happened or will never happen. Past and future as one. This track just represents polar opposites in a very mysterious way for me.

Very well put. I feel the same.

Sherbet Head
ZosoCon wrote:Very well put. I feel the same.

Cheers my friend :]

One moment you feel this... hurt, almost. And then the second after it's a sense of deep okayness. Then it alternates between those two states until the song ends in silence, which was kind of there in the background all along. And the stillness watched the feelings come and go.

/sensitivity mode off :)
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
Whan Whannnnnn Whannn Whannnnnn Whannn Whannnnnn Whannn Whannnnnn Wheeeaahuyuyuyuyuy.
That's what whitewater would sound like said out loud.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada