GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Had a chuckle and then threw up violently.

Eagle Minded
Oh.... oh my god.

:P

Eagle Minded
Hopefully this comes to fruition... so pumped.... I say we send them a signed copy of One On Twoism vol. 7 as a thank you...

Friendly Stranger
Can someone explain to me what's going on with the Youtube channel as of yesterday/today? I know they update it regularly, and thanks to our guru Opothecary there is auspicious numerology with the sequencing, but there seems to be some fairly serious content curation happening, especially with the albums.

Now that all the AE and AFX releases are out, could they be gearing up for something...or maybe just wishful thinking?

Eagle Minded
I wouldn't read into their youtube channel activity too much. It seems like lately that all of the albums/playlists are being bumped regularly, stating that they have been updated today and yesterday. I think that there really is no actual answer here as to why, but Opothecary probably could speak towards the numerology much better than I. A few weeks ago they had been doing this with the Good Friday remix, but now it appears to be all of the albums, minus Tomorrow's Harvest which is not found on there, for whatever reason. I still say something is in the works, but we're going to have to wait it out a bit more.

Sherbet Head
Anybody notice that the live version of Julie and Candy from boc them self's is number 70 on the playlist.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Friendly Stranger
Mozart wrote:I wouldn't read into their youtube channel activity too much. It seems like lately that all of the albums/playlists are being bumped regularly, stating that they have been updated today and yesterday. I think that there really is no actual answer here as to why, but Opothecary probably could speak towards the numerology much better than I. A few weeks ago they had been doing this with the Good Friday remix, but now it appears to be all of the albums, minus Tomorrow's Harvest which is not found on there, for whatever reason. I still say something is in the works, but we're going to have to wait it out a bit more.

Fair enough. That makes good sense. Thanks Mozart. I guess it's been five years, and I'm just looking for clues where they don't exist to placate the hole in my heart that's desperate to hear something new. Those new releases from RDJ and AE (8 hours! what I wouldn't do to listen to 8 hours of BOC!) have only made the brothers' silence harder to bear. And while I know and believe they are working on something new, the waiting has been more difficult as of late than usual.

Eagle Minded
Isn't it a bit self-contradictory? You've got plenty of other awesome Warp material to dive into while waiting for the brothers to wake up again ;-)

Friendly Stranger
Moloch wrote:Isn't it a bit self-contradictory? You've got plenty of other awesome Warp material to dive into while waiting for the brothers to wake up again ;-)

Yep, currently riding the WARP wave :wink:

Eagle Minded
Not a problem. Think of it this way-- the next release is bound to be an absolute masterpiece, the brothers wouldn't do it any other way. It will be worth the wait in the sense that it will be entirely fulfilling and satisfying, probably everything we can dream of and perhaps more. I'd rather them take their time with their art then release a half-ass album every year. When considering all of that, it makes the waiting not so bad. BoC definitely knows the ball is in their court to make the next release something worth waiting for.

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”

- Aristotle

Sherbet Head
Mozart wrote: “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.”

- Aristotle

"When waiting stops, patience or non-patience will cease to exist."

- Gazebo4

:wink:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Interesting aside. That Kevin Carter photo is referenced heavily in House of Leaves.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
What Kevin Carter photo?

Sherbet Head
koroviev wrote:What Kevin Carter photo?

http://100photos.time.com/photos/kevin-carter-starving-child-vulture

The post and related photo was removed my Mexicola.

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:
koroviev wrote:What Kevin Carter photo?

http://100photos.time.com/photos/kevin-carter-starving-child-vulture

The post and related photo was removed my Mexicola.

Good, that's a disgusting picture..

At the request of the poster I hasten to add. The photo in question is arguably his most infamous work and allegedly drove him, at least in part, to his suicide.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I don’t know that I’d call it disgusting. Maybe. I mean, It’s definitely not pleasant to see, but I wonder how many people have been driven to make a difference in the world after seeing it. Either way I think it’s invaluable as a work of photography.

Sherbet Head
It's life.. it's reality.. captured.

it's a great photo because there is nothing immediately sinister.. a child and a bird.. it's what your mind turns it into is what makes it disturbing.

Not exactly something I'd like on my wall though

Sherbet Head
luminousdusk wrote:It's life.. it's reality.. captured.

it's a great photo because there is nothing immediately sinister.. a child and a bird.. it's what your mind turns it into is what makes it disturbing.

Very good point.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada