Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Five years ago.

FIVE FUGGIN' YEARS AGO.

Man, I feel old.

Dayvan Cowboy
I know! I remember listening to the album for the first time during the transmission while I was on vacation in the Bahamas. I put everything else aside and made sure my hotel room's internet connection was working flawlessly an hour before hand. And I wasn't disappointed. I was just straight blown away by it and I've only come to love it more over the years. Like most BoC albums, I notice something new almost every single time I listen to it, even years later.

Dayvan Cowboy
Happy birthday

Eagle Minded
TH is still my favorite album to date! It feels like Geogaddi Part 2 and to me is the "album of our current times"...
I love how empty and nihilistic it sounds... My fav tracks are still
1. Jacquard Causeway
2. Nothing Is Real
3. New Seeds
4. Split Your Infities

Reach for the Dead sounds like a darker counterpart to Music Is Math to me, but more deserted sounding...

Dayvan Cowboy
Feels weird to be turning 40 this past Friday and one of my favorite albums turning 5 on the same weekend (in the States, at least).

Drinking a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout while I spin the vinyl seems like a worthy birthday beer for both fronts...it has Canada in its name, but it isn't from there!

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Feels weird to be turning 40 this past Friday and one of my favorite albums turning 5 on the same weekend (in the States, at least).

Drinking a Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout while I spin the vinyl seems like a worthy birthday beer for both fronts...it has Canada in its name, but it isn't from there!

Sounds like a great time ha

Dayvan Cowboy
very "Tomorrow's Harvest"

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:very "Tomorrow's Harvest"

phpBB [media]

OMG, I love that guys channel, he's goes off the rails sometimes but overall, yeah I love Matt... :lol:

Sherbet Head
It all makes complete sense, this LP if you add in the word LOOSH btw the 2 other words; Loosh is what ankle biters feed off of; our sadness, loneliness, fear, anger, hatred, pervert sexual acts ect. TH was created to make us feel tense and cause this "Harvest" of negative energy.

Sherbet Head
Torn n Frayed wrote:It all makes complete sense, this LP if you add in the word LOOSH btw the 2 other words; Loosh is what ankle biters feed off of; our sadness, loneliness, fear, anger, hatred, pervert sexual acts ect. TH was created to make us feel tense and cause this "Harvest" of negative energy.

Eh, what? :roll:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
I will watch parts of it today. Intro sounds like me prefacing any number of my speculation posts

Dayvan Cowboy
Going to have a full listen of this album. Haven't listen to it in full play probably for more than a year.

Posts Quantity
arvy wrote:Going to have a full listen of this album. Haven't listen to it in full play probably for more than a year.

It's definitely best when enjoyed in it's entirety, whether you're listening forwards or backwards. ;)

Eagle Minded
GeoDose wrote:
arvy wrote:Going to have a full listen of this album. Haven't listen to it in full play probably for more than a year.

It's definitely best when enjoyed in it's entirety, whether you're listening forwards or backwards. ;)

going to try this haha

Telepath
|-|3 57(_)/\/\|3|3|) 0|\| 4 |3|234|)571><0|2.

Sherbet Head
The fires raging in Northern California right now are making San Francisco look like the cover of TH.

Dayvan Cowboy
We live in the Matrix. I just realised I stuck in this world. As how many people also are. You just see people faces who go to work just for the work. It's like you almost can read on their faces how unhappy they are. But nobody will ever tell you that. This is the paradox of our society. You just live to not feel anything. I'm more and more fascinating by my parrents, who lived more than a half of a century and still have something to live for. This is amazing.

The world is goinf to recycle us. Our beliefs, dreams. Everything is temporary. We are slave to this world. We are slaves to our own created rules.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:We live in the Matrix. I just realised I stuck in this world. As how many people also are. You just see people faces who go to work just for the work. It's like you almost can read on their faces how unhappy they are. But nobody will ever tell you that. This is the paradox of our society. You just live to not feel anything. I'm more and more fascinating by my parrents, who lived more than a half of a century and still have something to live for. This is amazing.

The world is goinf to recycle us. Our beliefs, dreams. Everything is temporary. We are slave to this world. We are slaves to our own created rules.

Nothing is Real
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Sherbet Head
Might as well enjoy it, right. Being bummed out has never made a flower sprout!

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:We live in the Matrix. I just realised I stuck in this world. As how many people also are. You just see people faces who go to work just for the work. It's like you almost can read on their faces how unhappy they are. But nobody will ever tell you that. This is the paradox of our society. You just live to not feel anything. I'm more and more fascinating by my parrents, who lived more than a half of a century and still have something to live for. This is amazing.

You're only a slave if you fully believe in the game of life and take life and your story very serious. When you start to see it's just a game and it isn't going anywhere (you will lose everything, soon or late) you will start falling in love with life as it is more and more. Why? Because it just is. It's a beautiful mysterious, divine mess. And there is eternal grace in the midst of that.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada