11. Split Your Infinities (4:28)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
When the "paranoid lady" starts talking in this song, my goosebumps get goosebumps. This track really got my attention on the first listen. Amazing album altogether though.

Sherbet Head
fake mistakes wrote:When the "paranoid lady" starts talking in this song, my goosebumps get goosebumps. This track really got my attention on the first listen. Amazing album altogether though.

your right, right around the time her gurgled voice comes in, the bass in the background becomes extremely disturbed. its almost like the audio is trying to create some type of shake, or rumble in the listeners mental visuals.

Dayvan Cowboy
Fireal420 wrote:
fake mistakes wrote:When the "paranoid lady" starts talking in this song, my goosebumps get goosebumps. This track really got my attention on the first listen. Amazing album altogether though.

your right, right around the time her gurgled voice comes in, the bass in the background becomes extremely disturbed. its almost like the audio is trying to create some type of shake, or rumble in the listeners mental visuals.

Great words!
I actually consider this track some kind of mind accelerator...I'm asking myself why they put this straight almost 3 minutes monologue ? I think they could manage something more enganging, but I think this was intentional. But that's beyond my understanding

Dayvan Cowboy
Once again this track, after many listens and some psychedelics, I see as body alteration from earth to heaven. I can't simply put this in words, but with every word of that sinister voice, I feel that my body is getting faster and faster to the point when finally I reach the destination, the Uritual, floating to the pulsing entity, Nothing is Real meeting your creator and finally Sundown, let me wonder for a moment and then goodbye.

Boqurant
it sounds like the soundtrack of a high-stakes battle. Reminds me of Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot Pt. 2 by the Flaming Lips where it takes a sort of dark twist on an upbeat rhythm/melody

Dayvan Cowboy
Anyone watched THX 1138? I just saw it a week ago and honestly, I think this is best Sci-fi film I ever saw, there's so many things done right, about this movie and consider it's age 1971!!! It is almost didn't aged, like it was shot yesterday.

So speaking now about Split Your Infinties, I think THX 1138 is the best film, to describe SYI. At first, SYI always looked to me like a future mega city, with total control over people, but it somehow was more dirty, like a prison camp or something. Now after watching THX 1138, I can see this future being very sterile and this is really scares me to the bone.
Go watch it and tell that you think.

Boqurant
I just realized that this is probably the most powerful album I've ever heard. I got the message of apocalypse and sterilization right after I heard Split Your Infinities and Sundown. truly one of the best experiences a person can have.
nautilus | member of the orange collective

Happy Cycler
Just doing my usual run through video production logos. You know, for fun...

phpBB [media]

Anything sound familiar?

Happy Cycler
Meh, still. Ye.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Friendly Stranger
mechanismj cool find!

Posts Quantity
Not the best off this album but still a song I enjoy and come back to a lot
That Squidward crossover guy and Plaid fanatic. ALSO FUCK IM SORRY HAVENT BEEN INACTIVE ON HERE I'VE BEEN USING WATMM MORE :(
Rateyourmusic account: https://rateyourmusic.com/~PrezSquid
WATMM account: https://forum.watmm.com/profile/23101-p ... squidward/

Eagle Minded
mechanismj wrote:Just doing my usual run through video production logos. You know, for fun...

[media]<a class="vglnk" target="_blank" href="https://youtu.be/9mC7xOfLk6g?t=409[/media" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>youtu</span><span>.</span><span>be</span><span>/</span><span>9mC7xOfLk6g</span><span>?</span><span>t</span><span>=</span><span>409</span><span>[/</span><span>media</span></a>]

Anything sound familiar?

Nice find! Found a youtube link that showcases the MCA VideoDisc bumber in stereo. I went ahead and put your find on bocpages, with due credit to mechanismj :)

Happy Cycler
ZosoCon wrote:Nice find! Found a youtube link that showcases the MCA VideoDisc bumber in stereo. I went ahead and put your find on bocpages, with due credit to mechanismj :)

Finally, my incessant geekery pays off! Thank you, ZosoCon!

I was kind of surprised nobody found that before I did. There are a few youtube videos of that logo that have been floating around for a while, apparently.

Am I the only BoC fan that watches production logos for fun?! Say it isn't so!

Eagle Minded
incredible find! i always thought it was something they'd noodled around and made themselves

Happy Cycler
I seem to recall them mentioning in some interviews that they wanted TH to play kind of like a movie. They certainly made nods to many of their favorite 70's and 80's post-apocalyptic movie soundtracks, as well as the media formats that they would have viewed them on. It seems like this would be a viable arena to do more digging if folks are inclined.

Sherbet Head
Nice find, mechanismj.

I recently watched Deadly Harvest, a low budget apocalyptic movie filmed in Canada from 1977. I'd be very surprised if the bros didn't have a copy on VHS laying around hexagon sun.

phpBB [media]

Posts Quantity
Woah, that's awesome! Very glad I visited Twoism today. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
3:24 for the sample used throughout this track. There seem to be a lot of video game samples, that or it is an incredible coincidence. Considering my interpretation of the theme, that would be fitting.
phpBB [media]

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:3:24 for the sample used throughout this track. There seem to be a lot of video game samples, that or it is an incredible coincidence. Considering my interpretation of the theme, that would be fitting.
phpBB [media]

I guess I am just not hearing the correlation here... I don’t hear anything similar

Dayvan Cowboy
I've heard it elsewhere. It might be from a series of stock sounds, it might be a recreation of said sound or it might be coincidental. Listen again at 5:50

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada