GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Cool thanks!

Posts Quantity
seems related to this?

https://nosdam.bandcamp.com/track/d-c-bit-2-b-o-c

but also there's that "yeah!" at 0:28 so who knows

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
d3v3l wrote:I AM RESSURECTED!!! Great to be back posting again. Back on topic here... OH PLEASE GOD I hope you are right.... Another album in such short time since the last one being released would be pimp!!! :D :D

"Such short time," eh? It's been almost 5 years. In considering their history overall, the 7 years between Trans Canada Highway and Tomorrow's Harvest was actually unusually long. We had 2 years between MHRTC and IABPOITC, then 1.5 more before Geogaddi, then 3 years between Geogaddi and Campfire, then 1 between Campfire and Trans Canada.

All I'm sayin' is, it's about time... I hope. :?

Well - I could be wrong - but from what I understand is that BoC is no longer under the same contract with WARP. The reason why they had so many releases within those periods of time you mention is that they were forced to produce that much otherwise they would not get paid properly or be in breach of contract for that period of time. Or am I mistaken and they are still under their original contract with WARP that they have signed back in the 90's? I am guessing that WARP just pays them based on whatever they put out and how well it does in sales now compared to a "you get X upfront but must produce X records in this amount of time".

That and they are fathers now - which has obviously taken up a lot of their time compared to the days that you speak of. I can go on but I'm sure you've probably already heard of this by now right? I could have sworn this type of stuff has been said multiple times on this thread by now.

Then again - who knows - BOC could surprise us. I mean their kids should be starting to get to that age where they are more independent now or perhaps starting school I hope? That could potentially give them way more time to work on albums and for all we know a new release could be around the corner.

All being said - I still think that we are at least a year away from a release. Or have I been missing any signs that they did before they released TH? Have they put out any stunts or is there anything new on their webpage etc? You know what I'm saying.
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Sherbet Head
Unless you're a bit odd it sucks being a BoC fan. But hey-ho just memorise and imprint the refrain 'They Don't Owe Us Anything!' (what the fuck is that all about lol) into your mind and instantly bleat it to yourself and type in on here if anyone dares criticize them.

Baaaahhh :twisted:

Dayvan Cowboy
@d3v3l, I mean, there are other artists who have kids who manage to produce more content than one album every 5-7 years. Obviously BoC does put a LOT of detail work into their records. I'm certainly not faulting them, I'm just hoping we're gonna get something soon.

Also, the D. C. Bit track showed up on an Odd Nosdam release that was primarily a collection of remixes called Pretty Swell Explode.

Posts Quantity
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Also, the D. C. Bit track showed up on an Odd Nosdam release that was primarily a collection of remixes called Pretty Swell Explode.

right. but this isn't that though.

Dayvan Cowboy
d3v3l wrote:
SamuraiDrifter wrote:
d3v3l wrote:I AM RESSURECTED!!! Great to be back posting again. Back on topic here... OH PLEASE GOD I hope you are right.... Another album in such short time since the last one being released would be pimp!!! :D :D

"Such short time," eh? It's been almost 5 years. In considering their history overall, the 7 years between Trans Canada Highway and Tomorrow's Harvest was actually unusually long. We had 2 years between MHRTC and IABPOITC, then 1.5 more before Geogaddi, then 3 years between Geogaddi and Campfire, then 1 between Campfire and Trans Canada.

All I'm sayin' is, it's about time... I hope. :?

All being said - I still think that we are at least a year away from a release.

agreed.

Telepath
I think a new album might be coming very soon!

Telepath
FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS EVERYBODY!

Eagle Minded
Cupz wrote:FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS EVERYBODY!

Whoa, it's happening!!!
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Telepath
HOLY SHIT OMG LOOK AT THEIR TIWWTTER pAGE!

Eagle Minded
its hapneening ヽ༼° ͟ل͜ ͡°༽ノ

Dayvan Cowboy

Friendly Stranger
Would this not be an April's Fools?
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:2020.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:
Opothecary wrote:

2017... oh wait. :(
Sorry for my bad english.

Sherbet Head
Maybe the new album already released, we just haven't found it yet :lol:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Boqurant
Like Limp Bizkit album :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:Maybe the new album already released, we just haven't found it yet :lol:

To be honest, there are still a thousand and one questions unanswered in regards to the whole Cosecha situation.

<Theory>The key to the next album may well be hidden within the current album</Theory>

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada