Something strange just happened on the BoC Facebook page.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
What's "fake"? I don't get your point.

If the number on the right hand side was actually spray painted on the wall would it be more "official"?

Eagle Minded
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
saurus wrote:They worked 7 years for this?

and they put this on a 12" and not a 7"??? what a waste of good vinyl

ha ha ha har harrrrrr ha

Sherbet Head
paultomba wrote:What's "fake"? I don't get your point.

If the number on the right hand side was actually spray painted on the wall would it be more "official"?

sorry to dethrone you, but you should get my double point now.

are you a wannabe photoshopper too that you can't see the 2 number 5s are identical?

Sherbet Head

Eagle Minded
thingsthingsthings wrote:The more i think about it, the more this bums me out a little bit, even if it is real.

I loved how out of nowhere CFH's release seemed to be (and some of the other earlier albums, even geogaddi's promo and listening was relatively mellow), no months prior announcement, no official anticipatory build-up, and definitely no cryptic Dan Brown-esque mystery games, which doesn't seem to sync with how I see BOC. Much of the mystique and speculation surrounding the guys is really fan driven; at the core of it they're just a couple of perfectionists who enjoy a quieter life surrounded by trusted people. The byproduct of that is the over-analyzation of everything BOC in the hopes that they are giving us new information found between the lines, when in reality they're just a couple of reclusive family men who make music at their own pace.

This random release (and following hype) of a mysterious limited edition, nondescript vinyl treasure map doesn't seem like something they would be interested in. If it is legit, maybe it's more Warp exploiting the obsessive fandom and ebay/discog collection completists by adding another rarity to the catalog. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but I appreciated the humility of the older releases to this, if that's what this is.

The only post that casts doubt in my eyes

Eagle Minded
If I was in Berlin I would go to Hardwax... Da-dum!

Happy Cycler
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
paultomba wrote:What's "fake"? I don't get your point.

sorry to dethrone you, but you should get my double point now.

are you a wannabe photoshopper too that you can't see the 2 number 5s are identical?

Sonic boom.

Eagle Minded
Posting this here first, an interesting coincidence perhaps?? It's fun to think not..

Putting in the digits 936557 into youtube reveals this kaleidoscope video... So far nothing in it spotted.. that seems to mean anything..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM3b56RDQg4

Sherbet Head
jcotteri wrote:Posting this here first, an interesting coincidence perhaps?? It's fun to think not..

Putting in the digits 936557 into youtube reveals this kaleidoscope video... So far nothing in it spotted.. that seems to mean anything..

What is this treachery...

Sherbet Head
Yellow Records wrote:
jcotteri wrote:Posting this here first, an interesting coincidence perhaps?? It's fun to think not..

What is this treachery...

You can change your video title on YouTube at any time. Doesn't mean anything.

Eagle Minded
well a cool video none the less and I applaud this guy for changing the title name if he did.. If he did not, well... someone search the comments or find out why he titled it in this fashion? Bed time for me.

./

Sherbet Head
jcotteri wrote:someone search the comments or find out why he titled it in this fashion?

Because he read the news and wanted some free publicity?

It's not a bad song, though, definitely.

Eagle Minded
Hey,

I have been quiet for a while.......managed to evade the sick sick sick "April fools" filth.....i don't think I would have been able to cope with that.

But this.......Jesus...........isn't there something seriously fucking magical about how this is ramping up?

Imagine, just fucking well imagine.....that this IS REAL. Imagine how fucking buck-tard we will start to go when these records will start to appear?

That music, fuck me its like angel farts.........i want it inside my head. If that is what we are to expect, then i am in a full state of arousal.

I say, no fake for now......i know everything can be faked even though people say that warp are confirming it.

2013 could be a beautiful year...

You know, apart from all the bad shit that has happened so far S:

J

Sherbet Head
Jinjur wrote:Hey,

I have been quiet for a while.......managed to evade the sick sick sick "April fools" filth.....i don't think I would have been able to cope with that.

But this.......Jesus...........isn't there something seriously fucking magical about how this is ramping up?

Imagine, just fucking well imagine.....that this IS REAL. Imagine how fucking buck-tard we will start to go when these records will start to appear?

That music, fuck me its like angel farts.........i want it inside my head. If that is what we are to expect, then i am in a full state of arousal.

I say, no fake for now......i know everything can be faked even though people say that warp are confirming it.

J

You are a beautiful, beautiful person that speaks the truth. Much love. And I share your thoughts.

Eagle Minded
Yellow Records wrote:
Jinjur wrote:Hey,

J

You are a beautiful, beautiful person that speaks the truth. Much love. And I share your thoughts.

Thank you friend. :)

Dayvan Cowboy
omg found a 10-second clip
"Now son, don't worry, those were just lies Daddy told to get prescription drugs"

Sherbet Head
Confirmed real and 'just the beginning' well so Joy the man hexxy rex says

Dayvan Cowboy
ive been watching this thread since the beginning. just wanna drop in. it's been a while!

yesterday morning, in my pre-wake dream state, i dreamt i was listening to the "unreleased tracks" bootleg with korona on it. only the music was different.

then i come home from my girl's house at 7am and i see the first post about this mystery 12"
i knew it was real. the feeling is there. here we go.

feeling so cosmically charged by this.
FUTURE FOREST DESIGN:
http://www.futureforestdesign.net

MOSS ARCHIVE MUSIC COLLECTIVE:
http://www.mossarchive.net

Happy Cycler
Infinite E wrote:omg found a 10-second clip

Look Smithers, Garbo is coming!

Dayvan Cowboy
thingsthingsthings wrote:The more i think about it, the more this bums me out a little bit, even if it is real.

I loved how out of nowhere CFH's release seemed to be (and some of the other earlier albums, even geogaddi's promo and listening was relatively mellow), no months prior announcement, no official anticipatory build-up, and definitely no cryptic Dan Brown-esque mystery games, which doesn't seem to sync with how I see BOC. Much of the mystique and speculation surrounding the guys is really fan driven; at the core of it they're just a couple of perfectionists who enjoy a quieter life surrounded by trusted people. The byproduct of that is the over-analyzation of everything BOC in the hopes that they are giving us new information found between the lines, when in reality they're just a couple of reclusive family men who make music at their own pace.

This random release (and following hype) of a mysterious limited edition, nondescript vinyl treasure map doesn't seem like something they would be interested in. If it is legit, maybe it's more Warp exploiting the obsessive fandom and ebay/discog collection completists by adding another rarity to the catalog. Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but I appreciated the humility of the older releases to this, if that's what this is.

The only post that casts doubt in my eyes[/quote] this is exactly how I feel. although the mystery is interesting

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada