The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
Sicilian Night wrote:
Liquorice Facet wrote:
Sicilian Night wrote:This is more of an Easter egg hunt than a puzzle - one where we know we'll get all the eggs regardless.

I doubt the brothers are very much involved in this. I mean, these are the same guys who sped up a clip of a woman screaming to make the "s" sound of a word in a backwards subliminal message. A bit below their level no?

Idunno, there was something of a puzzle element to the portion found on this website. They could've made the mystery more complicated and harder to crack, I'm sure, though I think the entire angle of this event was to alert the fans that something's going on in the studio, while simultaneously getting the interest of outsiders that aren't familiar with the BoC vibes and mythos.

Yeah I think the main issue here is that if they were to do something truly cryptic, well, there's no telling how long it would take for us to figure it out. Not the best way to release an album after a 7 year silence.

what? why not? this is absolutely a blast.
quit being so impatient. savor this...cuz when its done its done.
and you all KNOW that some of you guys will be bitching about something once its out.
there are those WHINING to get it right away....that will put it on once...then be off scrambling to the next thing.
this is really fun...enjoy being part of the experience. not many albums are handled this way....if any.
you want mystery....but you want it served up instantly.
take it in. this could be the one and only time something like this happens.

thank computers/internet for robbing everyone of their attention spans.

I was thinking the same thing. When will anything like this ever happen again? This has been truly fun and inspiring way to get people talking about what is happening. 8 years is a long hiatus and this is a genius marketing ploy that suits the band and suits the fans for the most part. I've lived long enough to know this is really very unique and could only happen by virtue of the technology we have today.. this probably couldn't have even happened back in 05.. youtube was 2 months old.

New Seed
rdy2bz wrote:I'd be that evil and hide it from the internet on purpose. MUHAHAHA

*my precious*

;)

Last edited by psyops on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posts Quantity
machinea wrote:
re-phaelam-ed wrote:take it in. this could be the one and only time something like this happens.

I was thinking the same thing. When will anything like this ever happen again? This has been truly fun and inspiring way to get people talking about what is happening. 8 years is a long hiatus and this is a genius marketing ploy that suits the band and suits the fans for the most part. I've lived long enough to know this is really very unique and could only happen by virtue of the technology we have today.. this probably couldn't have even happened back in 05.. youtube was 2 months old.

Totally agree - this only started just over a week ago! Got so much respect for the effort that's going into this, they could easily just have said 'album coming out blah' and of course every fan would buy it.

Neither Warp or BoC strike me as the types to be worried too much about marketing to get new fans, even if the exposure may result in that. This is for all the fans who've bought into the BoC mystique, and they're playing it brilliantly.

Friendly Stranger
I would imagine given the hype about this, that any record shop staff member with half a brain would buy the record themself if they had it in stock, or get a friend to, to flog to foaming at the mouth BoC fans on ebay at great profit.

Posts Quantity
Hunter wrote:I would imagine given the hype about this, that any record shop staff member with half a brain would buy the record themself if they had it in stock, or get a friend to, to flog to foaming at the mouth BoC fans on ebay at great profit.

Completely agree - whilst Aesthetics has confirmed the existence of 6 of these records, and two have been found - one in NYC and one in London - is it safe to assume the others are in the same places the Geogaddi listening parties were held(which has been mentioned here from the start?). If there is one in Edinburgh/Scotland, you'd think it should have been picked up by now surely? I can see one or two copies coming up on eBay shortly after the new album is released. House re-mortgage imminent!

Eagle Minded
Just thinking since the confirmation of 4 more records to find, maybe the codes are going to be broadcast 6 times each? i.e. the 4th one 6 times on vinyl, the 6th one 6 times on radio, the 1st one 6 times visually, etc.

At this point it seems like it was a bit premature to think that it would be all over by the weekend.

And i had a dream last night that the the key to the numbers was hidden in the campfire headphase. also dreamed that i was asked to join boc but it's probably not relevant.

Happy Cycler
first week, it was fun.

second week, ehhh...

if they push this into a third week? That's a bit much. It better be done by the end of this week else I'll go back to not caring about BoC again.

Posts Quantity
Keeoaddi wrote:Just thinking since the confirmation of 4 more records to find, maybe the codes are going to be broadcast 6 times each? i.e. the 4th one 6 times on vinyl, the 6th one 6 times on radio, the 1st one 6 times visually, etc.

At this point it seems like it was a bit premature to think that it would be all over by the weekend.

And i had a dream last night that the the key to the numbers was hidden in the campfire headphase. also dreamed that i was asked to join boc but it's probably not relevant.

Confirmation, where is this confirmation that there are six records?
I ain't seen that via any official channels, so far it just seems like speculation based on the fact that the first record had 1 clue out of the 6. This was then put on it's arse because a second record was found with the same code.
If there are any more records out there, I doubt they have any different codes on them. Chances are, the next code will come via some different means to the previous lot.

Telepath
The Telepathic Kid wrote:first week, it was fun.

second week, ehhh...

if they push this into a third week? That's a bit much. It better be done by the end of this week else I'll go back to not caring about BoC again.

2 years.

I stopped caring about this last week, I'm just waiting for answers and a release date now :lol:

StarblazerUK wrote:Confirmation, where is this confirmation that there are six records?

confirmation: https://www.facebook.com/bocpages/posts ... 2507819774

keep in touch: https://www.facebook.com/notes/bocpages ... 0727055600

Dayvan Cowboy

second week, ehhh...

Stop the presses and get the album out tomorrow boys, or this guy on the internet won't buy your record!

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:

second week, ehhh...

Stop the presses and get the album out tomorrow boys, or this guy on the internet won't buy your record!

L
O
L
ImageImage

You know something? I find the whole 'I want it NOW! I'm bored! They'd better release it yesterday or I'll stamp my feet and scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!!' thing to be very indicative of the modern mentality.

Frankly, it's pathetic and, to my mind at least, justifies entirely the 8 years of almost complete silence from them.

People really are very ugly sometimes.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:You know something? I find the whole 'I want it NOW! I'm bored! They'd better release it yesterday or I'll stamp my feet and scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!!' thing to be very indicative of the modern mentality.

Frankly, it's pathetic and, to my mind at least, justifies entirely the 8 years of almost complete silence from them.

Boqurant
Still, where's Jonathon Creek when you need him? :lol:

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:

second week, ehhh...

hahahahaha

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:You know something? I find the whole 'I want it NOW! I'm bored! They'd better release it yesterday or I'll stamp my feet and scream and scream and scream until I'm sick!!' thing to be very indicative of the modern mentality.

Have I ever said that I love you?
ImageImage

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:People really are very ugly sometimes.

Define "sometimes" ;)

Friendly Stranger
You can't honestly think that Mike and Marcus could be sitting there forcing people to travel all the way to their local record store to desperately scour for clues! They would be so disappointed, embarrassed and quite offended that their fans were being just that, fans. Tacky, actually. /s

I've learned that participating in the BOC message board community requires an ever so delicate balance of equal parts apathy, sarcasm, cosecha and yermo.

Dayvan Cowboy

second week, ehhh...

wow...see what i'm sayin'

'oh cool i got the new bic record (scans tracks...record ends). man what's next. can't WAIT for the new boc record....better not take them another 8 years :x '

...damn dude. :(

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada