The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
no no no guys, I mean, it's all behind us now the record has been announced.

I'm fine waiting for the record, I've done so with baited breath for all these years along with you guys, it's all this hoopla and media nonsense.

It's like a wild goose chase which I felt was going nowhere.

Like some one said, the height of interest in the code game was the middle of last week, if they were going to wring it out for another week it just would have been a bit much. That's all.

I'm purely saying the code game was a bit much, this is nothing to do with BoC or their music.

I'm sorry for sparking such a debate when my intentions of the post were not completely articulated correctly.

especially sorry Mex, even though I respect you a lot, I just seem to be that thorn in your side, don't I?

Eagle Minded
This was a fantastic little game with an awesome prize. They definitely got me back into that boc mindset, thinking about math, codes, science, and all sorts of other cool shit. And that soundcloud clue was epic. I truly tip my hat to the brothers for all this.

I missed some of the discovery of the last clue, but did anyone else see this in the code for the cosecha site? I was just clicking around on stuff in the web editor and it popped up.

Sherbet Head
cubistking1906 wrote:This was a fantastic little game with an awesome prize. They definitely got me back into that boc mindset, thinking about math, codes, science, and all sorts of other cool shit. And that soundcloud clue was epic. I truly tip my hat to the brothers for all this.

I missed some of the discovery of the last clue, but did anyone else see this in the code for the cosecha site? I was just clicking around on stuff in the web editor and it popped up.

Oh yeah, found that and had to just laugh! So much detail!

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
Elexen wrote:
vballs wrote:So it seems the six codes had no real value? Other than to create a massive password

:lol:

Ha, Yeah that's kinda what I always thought.... It was fun to watch all the crazy code theories though :D

they got me - when they started revealing codes in a fairly straightforward way, I figured we'd just put the code in somewhere, like a URL or other form. I stuck to that for awhile, and then the banner and video clues were very tantalizing and made you feel that something deep was amiss, but I should have stuck to my original gut feeling. I still sent my pyramid to mdg, hopefully they can have a good laugh over it!

Haha! Yeah, I'm sure they got a kick out of the Yermo field trip too. It's amazing to see how far we all got into this thing. Such a good time, even though I didn't leave my room the whole week :shock: Wild trip indeed. :D
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
I HAVE ORDERED IT AT LAST!!!

That was a stressful 5 hours.. :wink:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
A mix of the 6 tones played on top of the teaser film; http://soundcloud.com/tornfrayed2/boc-mix/s-JhBgA

Eagle Minded
The coolest thing about all of this was that I didn't have to check any news sites for all the info. Twoism was at the forefront of all this breaking news, and that's a beautiful thing. We were truly in the know before most everyone else on all of this. Congratulations, team. *Internet high fives all around*

Eagle Minded
cubistking1906 wrote:The coolest thing about all of this was that I didn't have to check any news sites for all the info. Twoism was at the forefront of all this breaking news, and that's a beautiful thing. We were truly in the know before most everyone else on all of this. Congratulations, team. *Internet high fives all around*

This is true. Twoism was at the forefront. Probably because most of us had at least 10 different BoC related tabs open waiting for that next hint of a clue to report and decipher here. lol High fives indeed.
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Boqurant
Elexen wrote:
cubistking1906 wrote:The coolest thing about all of this was that I didn't have to check any news sites for all the info. Twoism was at the forefront of all this breaking news, and that's a beautiful thing. We were truly in the know before most everyone else on all of this. Congratulations, team. *Internet high fives all around*

This is true. Twoism was at the forefront. Probably because most of us had at least 10 different BoC related tabs open waiting for that next hint of a clue to report and decipher here. lol High fives indeed.

I spent the last week glued to the IRC until 5am when i should have been working nightshifts (gonna pay for that this week). It was so much fun debating theories (some of which were mental) and finding number sets.
I'm still shocked at the Twoism .gif and the last number reveal, they were genius.

I tip my hat to BoC, Warp and everyone involved and eagerly await my vinyl :D

New Seed
What an awesome week that was! Big up everyone here for the exciting adventure, good work all round for the collective brains that pulled every nugget of info from every corner of the net. I bet that BoC are stoked and amused in equal measure that there is such a dedicated fan base who figured it out and came out with such extravagant theories - and went on three hour road trips to find abandoned places in the middle of nowhere just in case there was a shred of a clue. *high five team BoC*

Gutted that I missed out on a vinyl edition - apparently it's sold out - if anyone that bought multiple copies wants to share the wealth- shout me.
Infinite Lines of Colourful Sevens

Sherbet Head
Elexen wrote:High fives indeed.

Eiffel Tower!

Friendly Stranger
cubistking1906 wrote:This was a fantastic little game with an awesome prize. They definitely got me back into that boc mindset, thinking about math, codes, science, and all sorts of other cool shit. And that soundcloud clue was epic. I truly tip my hat to the brothers for all this.

Yeah on the previous page I tried to just copy and paste it but failed. Was too lazy to do a screen shot. :)

Boqurant
orange hexagon sun wrote:Gutted that I missed out on a vinyl edition - apparently it's sold out - if anyone that bought multiple copies wants to share the wealth- shout me.

not sold out yet https://bleep.com/boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest

Posts Quantity
i just think that its great the brothers decided to lay one of the clues right here on twoism in the banner. reciprocated respect is the best

Sherbet Head
i noticed some things in the static during the tomorrows harvest video.

toward the end i see what looks like the nazi army. and most of the video chops in and out of what looks like atomic blast sites. the boc commercial that aired on television had the same vibe with the camera panning past old blast sites, the way that the codes were delivered also gave off a cold war vibe with the numbers stations.

anyway, this album is def. going to have an end of the world type feel to it, and i still feel like there are some random clues that we are still sleeping on because we were thrown a giant worm when they released the video earlier today.

there might be some more things we haven't noticed yet.

Dayvan Cowboy
and what's with the tradica poster here from reddit posting links like this http://imgur.com/a/DgqII after the announcement today, and saying it's not over yet, etc...

joyrex was doing his typical hint shit over the possibility that the TH album cover is a video still

New Seed
zeitgeist wrote:and what's with the tradica poster here from reddit posting links like this http://imgur.com/a/DgqII after the announcement today, and saying it's not over yet, etc...

joyrex was doing his typical hint shit over the possibility that the TH album cover is a video still

The number adventure is certainly over. Have a look at the 2nd and 3rd images in that link. I believe they are the same location.

Eagle Minded
tubolcane wrote:http://www.panoramio.com/photo/36632377

these really are beautiful places, each of them. enjoy the party!

not to far from where I call home.. But what is the significance of these photos? :D

Eagle Minded
seagull wrote:Wanted the vinyl, settled for the CD.
It's just nice to give the lads something back for all they've done.

How can you just settle for the CD.. Do what you have to do :twisted:

edit: I see why now.
Last edited by jcotteri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
orange hexagon sun wrote:What an awesome week that was! Big up everyone here for the exciting adventure, good work all round for the collective brains that pulled every nugget of info from every corner of the net. I bet that BoC are stoked and amused in equal measure that there is such a dedicated fan base who figured it out and came out with such extravagant theories - and went on three hour road trips to find abandoned places in the middle of nowhere just in case there was a shred of a clue. *high five team BoC*

Gutted that I missed out on a vinyl edition - apparently it's sold out - if anyone that bought multiple copies wants to share the wealth- shout me.

Vinyl is for sale again. I got two. One for playing, one for keeping. None for selling :!:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada