The 6-number sequence as it stands

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Elexen wrote:This is an interesting thought.... as if the final code on a new release would solve the puzzle to yet another release. I remember last year around April 2012 that OddNosdam eluded on his personal FB that he was working with them again.... He also eluded that it was an entire album. I took it with a grain of salt.

I'm glad you mentioned OddNosdam because it's prompted something with me. I've been sat here listening to the start of the latest clip over and over - trying to remember what it reminded me of. The penny just dropped. In places at least, it reminds me of part of the OddNosdam remix of Dayvan Cowboy.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
Mexicola wrote:
dredd1971 wrote:What is the significance and reason the codes were shown to us in the order they did xxxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/XXXXXX/xxxxxx/xxxxxx and so on............That is a big thing overlooked

That's an excellent point actually.

I thought about that the order of appearance is 436125 and match with hex colors http://imageshack.us/a/img708/1029/boccode06full.jpg and let see colors that 'represent' harvest.
Last edited by drSoul91 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Seed
699742/628315/717228/936557475955/519225
That's The Numbers Station digit. Interesting that adding both ways sums 183.
"Whatever..."

Dayvan Cowboy
flutefrumthings wrote:699742/628315/717228/936557475955/519225

If you are referring to the "sudoku", it's no magic (as someone else pointed out already) because you are adding up ALL the numbers, only using 2 different methods. You might as well add up everything diagonally and it will still be the same.

New Seed
Guido wrote:
flutefrumthings wrote:699742/628315/717228/936557475955/519225

If you are referring to the "sudoku", it's no magic (as someone else pointed out already) because you are adding up ALL the numbers, only using 2 different methods. You might as well add up everything diagonally and it will still be the same.

Of course...
"Whatever..."

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:
Elexen wrote:This is an interesting thought.... as if the final code on a new release would solve the puzzle to yet another release. I remember last year around April 2012 that OddNosdam eluded on his personal FB that he was working with them again.... He also eluded that it was an entire album. I took it with a grain of salt.

I'm glad you mentioned OddNosdam because it's prompted something with me. I've been sat here listening to the start of the latest clip over and over - trying to remember what it reminded me of. The penny just dropped. In places at least, it reminds me of part of the OddNosdam remix of Dayvan Cowboy.

True.... I saved a screen shot of the FB Status but I never shared it because I felt it was somewhat privileged info considering BoC's mystique. It was actually someone else posting on his page, it said: "Hey Odd, has BoC hit you up yet about another remix? Plus I'm really curious as to how you got the chance to remix Dayvan Cowboy?" And then some girl commented on that status: "Or maybe even a whole album together???" AND THEN OddNosdam commented: "What she said". And that was it. Pretty neat
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Elexen wrote:True.... I saved a screen shot of the FB Status but I never shared it because I felt it was somewhat privileged info considering BoC's mystique. It was actually someone else posting on his page, it said: "Hey Odd, has BoC hit you up yet about another remix? Plus I'm really curious as to how you got the chance to remix Dayvan Cowboy?" And then some girl commented on that status: "Or maybe even a whole album together???" AND THEN OddNosdam commented: "What she said". And that was it. Pretty neat

Nice work 8)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:How far have the connections with the movie The Number Station been checked?

I think it just looks so bad. It couldn't possibly be something BOC would want in on. Could it?

The thing that occurred to me was that they would either be a bit peeved or downright annoyed that this would get associated with what they, the scottish Orbital, had planned. Then I thought maybe they timed it to co-incide because everything helps when you've got an album to sell and eight years of bills to pay. I think they probably saw it coming but ended up thinking 'so what? The fans won't think there's a connection.

Or the film trailer is a ruse and if you go and see it it's actually a ninety minute Hexagon Sun production. There is no album. Just a film. An amazing BOC film.

Boqurant
Elexen wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

True.... I saved a screen shot of the FB Status but I never shared it because I felt it was somewhat privileged info considering BoC's mystique. It was actually someone else posting on his page, it said: "Hey Odd, has BoC hit you up yet about another remix? Plus I'm really curious as to how you got the chance to remix Dayvan Cowboy?" And then some girl commented on that status: "Or maybe even a whole album together???" AND THEN OddNosdam commented: "What she said". And that was it. Pretty neat

I'd imagine the girl's comment meant she was hoping for an album with the two artists working together, and Odd Nosdam's reply means he'd like for that to happen too. I don't think her question meant how'd you get the chance to work on a whole album together.

Although the fact it was deleted might mean otherwise.

New Seed
BunnyRabbit wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:How far have the connections with the movie The Number Station been checked?

I think it just looks so bad. It couldn't possibly be something BOC would want in on. Could it?

The thing that occurred to me was that they would either be a bit peeved or downright annoyed that this would get associated with what they, the scottish Orbital, had planned. Then I thought maybe they timed it to co-incide because everything helps when you've got an album to sell and eight years of bills to pay. I think they probably saw it coming but ended up thinking 'so what? The fans won't think there's a connection.

Or the film trailer is a ruse and if you go and see it it's actually a ninety minute Hexagon Sun production. There is no album. Just a film. An amazing BOC film.

I agree; it in fact looks so crap that I'm inclined to believe if there's ANY connection at all, it's that the entire production of the movie revolves solely around revealing the last code.

But probably a happy coincidence for the film, not so much for BoC...
"Whatever..."

Eagle Minded
plazz wrote:
Elexen wrote:
Mexicola wrote:

I'd imagine the girl's comment meant she was hoping for an album with the two artists working together, and Odd Nosdam's reply means he'd like for that to happen too. I don't think her question meant how'd you get the chance to work on a whole album together.

Although the fact it was deleted might mean otherwise.

You could be right... IDK... But the way it appeared had me leaning towards them actually working on something..... We'll just have to wait and see.....
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Dayvan Cowboy
BunnyRabbit wrote: they would either be a bit peeved or downright annoyed that this would get associated with what they, the scottish Orbital, had planned.

Haha, I think they'd be more annoyed at being called "the scottish Orbital", given that's one of the reasons they hid they were brothers at the start, to avoid that association :)

New Seed
Integer wrote:
Vostok wrote:
detroit lofi wrote:
KidForToday wrote:Hello,

I am a recently registered member, and a long-time BoC fan. I had not heard about the goings-on until today. I had come to this forum before but mostly just lurked, though it seems now is an appropriate time to register...

Anyhow, I did read as much of this thread as I could, though I didn't read all 60-something pages.... but has anyone suggested that the code may be revealed after the release of the album? Is it plausible that the remaining part of the code may even be within the upcoming album itself?

I think, that seems like something they would do.

Same here. I've read through quite a bit of this thread and had another theory as well. I know these numbers are trying to re create the idea of it being a short wave radio message. I remember someone saying that the numbers are coordinates that make up a hexagon somewhere in Scotland? My theory is that maybe they are broadcasting the final numbers in the boundaries of the hexagon? Sorry if this is has already been posted or doesn't make sense.

the numbers dont make a hexagon though.

There was a design that someone came up with based on the "numbers as coordinates" theory that looked an awful lot like a Unicursal Hexagram. http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicursal_hexagram ; http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... permPage=1

It's probably nothing and it isn't a hexagon in the traditional sense, but I find it kind of interesting...

That's a Thelemic Unicursal Hexagram. Never seen any evidence to support either of them to be Thelemites, but Hermeticists I'd wager for certain.
"Whatever..."

Dayvan Cowboy
Just a troll I'm sure but can anyone make any sense of this?

https://twitter.com/ANNEX82/status/328630457925251072

Sherbet Head
The Friendly Stranger wrote:Just a troll I'm sure but can anyone make any sense of this?

well yeah, he took the record code and put it in the 5th slot instead of the 4th
*farts*

idk

The Friendly Stranger wrote:Just a troll I'm sure but can anyone make any sense of this?

You answered your own question I think? :wink:

Slow down...

New Seed
seanandcandy wrote:

well yeah, he took the record code and put it in the 5th slot instead of the 4th

2020k made that mistake in the beginning so guess ppl followed him

Dayvan Cowboy
seanandcandy wrote:

Sorry, I've been following all this too long now...

New Seed
After sufficient testing, my results indicate that it is highly unlikely that BoC are reusing a 3 member OTP on the 36 digit code (unlikely and not impossible, since the 36 digit code is not completely known yet). the most legible results of my brute force crack are here:
http://pastebin.com/PpFCN6tP

What I did:
Basically I assumed that every 2 digits of the 36 digit code constituted 1 member of the final message (to represent every letter of the alphabet with a number in you have to use at least 2 digits), and I tried all combinations of 3 member pads (00,00,00 to 26,26,26 [no more is needed, bunch of redundancy if you do until 99,99,99]) repeating throughout the BoC code, and then searched the fragments of each of those outputs against the Oxford dictionary and a little BoC list.
(for the unknown 5th BoC code portion i just assumed 01,01,01 - so I tested: [69,97,42,62,83,15,71,72,28,93,65,57,01,01,01,51,92,25])

Dayvan Cowboy
ilzmastr wrote:After sufficient testing, my results indicate that it is highly unlikely that BoC are reusing a 3 member OTP on the 36 digit code (unlikely and not impossible, since the 36 digit code is not completely known yet). the most legible results of my brute force crack are here:
http://pastebin.com/PpFCN6tP

What I did:
Basically I assumed that every 2 digits of the 36 digit code constituted 1 member of the final message (to represent every letter of the alphabet with a number in you have to use at least 2 digits), and I tried all combinations of 3 member pads (00,00,00 to 26,26,26 [no more is needed, bunch of redundancy if you do until 99,99,99]) repeating throughout the BoC code, and then searched the fragments of each of those outputs against the Oxford dictionary and a little BoC list.
(for the unknown 5th BoC code portion i just assumed 01,01,01 - so I tested: [69,97,42,62,83,15,71,72,28,93,65,57,01,01,01,51,92,25])

I hope I'm not the only one who doesn't have te tiniest fucking clue what you're on about! :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada