Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Ottomatik wrote:I am really wondering if, for my first listen, I should be stoned or stay sober…

I'm going to be doing bong hoots before I listen. It makes my synesthesia come out more. BoC is a whole "nother" experience with synesthesia.

Not sure if you have it too, but a lot of people who listen to BoC, listen because they have a very visual part of their experience.

sober would be fine too, but whats wrong with a little chronic, while you listen to a trippy band?
you don't care to hear until you listen

Sherbet Head
Lens Larque wrote:BoC tracks on BBC6

Marc Riley show

Anyone else listening now?

Sherbet Head
North by North wrote:
Lens Larque wrote:BoC tracks on BBC6

Marc Riley show

Anyone else listening now?

RFTD on now- is there word of another track being played too?

Dayvan Cowboy
so have i missed something...are people listening to the album already?
ive just gone over the last two pages....too many since i last looked.

Eagle Minded
no, the album hasnt leaked or anything. just recordings from yesterdays listening party

Dayvan Cowboy
thinkdontpray wrote:no, the album hasnt leaked or anything. just recordings from yesterdays listening party

ah....listening party huh.
where was it? was this an invite thing? any photos....etc etc

Posts Quantity
re-phaelam-ed wrote:
thinkdontpray wrote:no, the album hasnt leaked or anything. just recordings from yesterdays listening party

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_H ... ke_Dolores

Dayvan Cowboy
vanlorne wrote:
re-phaelam-ed wrote:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Tomorrow%27s_H ... ke_Dolores

arrrrggg...i was just down there this weekend. had NO idea that was going on. :(

Dayvan Cowboy
whoa thanks for that update link....though the recording is kinda ruff....those tunes sound pretty sick.
cant wait. would have been CRAZY to have been there.

there just needs to be a show in SF now :)

Eagle Minded
No way im peeping those recordings. Thats like watching a cam version of your favorite movie ever a couple weeks before it comes out. A good leak has to surface soon.

New Seed
hey guys. I've been watching your community since some time, and I have to say I'm really moved by what's going on here. Truly amazing.

I'll keep it short: I've got a proposal and didn't want make too much noise by opening a new thread. I'm preparing an interview with the brothers. And regarding the fact that I might be a big fan, but nothing compared to some of you, I thought you might be interested in assisting. Ask a question. One question you really want to ask in connection with the new record.

What do you think?

It's not like I wouldn't come up with hundreds of questions myself. But you got different perspectives I guess. press is often blind in one eye. Just a foolish idea of mine.

best,
k.

Posts Quantity
wordizborn wrote:hey guys. I've been watching your community since some time, and I have to say I'm really moved by what's going on here. Truly amazing.

I'll keep it short: I've got a proposal and didn't want make too much noise by opening a new thread. I'm preparing an interview with the brothers. And regarding the fact that I might be a big fan, but nothing compared to some of you, I thought you might be interested in assisting. Ask a question. One question you really want to ask in connection with the new record.

What do you think?

It's not like I wouldn't come up with hundreds of questions myself. But you got different perspectives I guess. press is often blind in one eye. Just a foolish idea of mine.

best,
k.

"if you could pick your favorite song you've done, what is it and why is it music is math?"

Sherbet Head
EnforcedNo wrote:
wordizborn wrote:hey guys. I've been watching your community since some time, and I have to say I'm really moved by what's going on here. Truly amazing.

What do you think?

best,
k.

"if you could pick your favorite song you've done, what is it and why is it music is math?"

Assuming you'll already be covering the recording techniques behind TH, why the 7 year delay (what they've been up to) and is there a boxset of old material in the realistic future- yes?

Sherbet Head
This is kind of broad, but I'd like to know what their ideas were thematically with this album and the way it relates to the sounds and instrumentation they used for it.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded

What do you think?

best,
k.

"Do either of you have visual auditory synesthesia(Being able to see music in colours and shapes?"
you don't care to hear until you listen

Eagle Minded

What do you think?

best,
k.

I'd want to know how they approach a new album. do they review (and sample) their back catalogue on each new release? is a new record really years in the making or is the actual music made in a relatively short time? is it always visual as well as audio? cheers

Sherbet Head
wordizborn wrote:...questions...

Was Forest Moon inspired by Return of the Jedi?
What is the significance of 5-9-78 and June 9th?
Who were Melissa and Wendy Miller?
What is a Nlogax?
What is the deal with Magic Window?
Is there any chance you will play some unreleased material if you tour?
Do you still watch Blockbusters?
Was the hexagon motif the result of watching Blockbusters?

Posts Quantity
zeoevil wrote:
wordizborn wrote:...questions...

Was Forest Moon inspired by Return of the Jedi?
What is the significance of 5-9-78 and June 9th?
Who were Melissa and Wendy Miller?
What is a Nlogax?
What is the deal with Magic Window?
Is there any chance you will play some unreleased material if you tour?
Do you still watch Blockbusters?
Was the hexagon motif the result of watching Blockbusters?

i still say majik window was just to push the play time of the album to 66:00.06

Dayvan Cowboy

What do you think?

best,
k.

No need for specifics of course, but it would be interesting to know if your setup has evolved in order to achieve the less hazy, more abrasive feel that you seem to be going for on this record - or are you still working with the same technology that you always have?

Dayvan Cowboy

What do you think?

best,
k.

Would you ever consider touring/performing live again, and if so would it be anywhere outside the UK? If not, would you ever release an official live album/DVD of a past live show(s)?
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada