Tomorrow's Harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
nice

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Fuck, Americans are retarded?

Well, I can't disagree with that consideration, this isn't relevant to the thread. Again I urge mods to delete this nonsense. Try the diet kool-aid maybe

These quacks are quacks, and no, most reasonable human beings do not actually think like this. Can we stay on topic now?

I ask you Arvy, do you think BoC were using TH as a cautionary tale, and if so, what are some of the main themes concerning that, that you took away from the album? Genuinely curios, and trying to diverge from these linked videos with some productive speculation in the thread in which it belongs

Dayvan Cowboy
NTFMTS wrote:
arvy wrote:
phpBB [media]

Fuck, Americans are retarded?

Well, I can't disagree with that consideration, this isn't relevant to the thread. Again I urge mods to delete this nonsense. Try the diet kool-aid maybe

These quacks are quacks, and no, most reasonable human beings do not actually think like this. Can we stay on topic now?

I ask you Arvy, do you think BoC were using TH as a cautionary tale, and if so, what are some of the main themes concerning that, that you took away from the album? Genuinely curios, and trying to diverge from these linked videos with some productive speculation in the thread in which it belongs

Many things. My favourite probably are hinted in the tracklist:

Split your infinities
Uritual
Nothing is real, which represents holy trinity of the human civilization, or the SUN. Which ends with the Sundown.

Posts Quantity
ImageImage

New Seed

Sherbet Head
thenews wrote:https://youtu.be/7jGZ3IRUNwg?feature=shared

Ah cool, nice to see my fan boc video I made pop up here. Satellite feed hunting is fun! The doc behind the visuals in the video actually inspired me to buy my own satellite dish and feed hunt news feeds. Found allot of very, interesting things to say the least over the last three years. :3

Here are some screen grabs of just a few news and tv feeds I've recorded.

NBC Nightly News: Lester Holt @ Alaska reporting on American Defense.

President of the United States getting his mic set up for an interview with the Weather Channel in regards to climate change.

Former President of the United States being interviewed by a prominent anchor for Fox News Channel. Taped interview that aired two days later as two shows.

To get back on topic with TH, honestly I've got to say that this album is the best album to listen to when feed hunting. All the analogue radio sound effects and the general serious tone that the album gives off really fits in line with the seriousness of the industry that can be seen by feed hunting. In a way I envision the song split your infinities as a song that can be heard to while watching all the actual logistics and planing behind a live television production. All the equipment and technology being used to send the video live to HQ and what not. Just how amazing it all is.
While the song sick times I see as the perfect song to be listening to while actually reviewing said recordings and hearing all the unheard talk that goes on while they're not live. Like it encompasses the essence of an unheard underground world of genuine thought and opinion that extends beyond what is publicly shown. That these news anchors, reporters and important figure heads aren't just a one dimensional perfect poster board that represents a single idea. That they are not only much more nuanced in thought and behavior, but that they are more importantly flawed. They have emotional bonds and thoughts just like anyone else, not just a soulless robot. And as said they are also flawed, some get upset just like you and me, some say things they really shouldn't say in any scenario, period. But that's just part of being a human, in a way we're all sick with the diseases of humanity.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Dayvan Cowboy
No offence, but this was lame. Politicians are humans like us? Stop kidding yourself

Posts Quantity
Oh god, don't enable them
joyrex can eat my bankrupt...

Dayvan Cowboy
Tomorrow's Harvest Japanese editions w/OBI strip on sale, 2013.

Eagle Minded
^ Nice! Japan always knock it out of the park when it comes to new releases.

Also, on reflection, I think TH may well be my favourite BoC album artwork. I love how clean it is compared to the others.

Posts Quantity
Location: In your unconscious mind, but more precisely in France
Orbited insanitarium wrote:Tomorrow's Harvest Japanese editions w/OBI strip on sale, 2013.

A BOC fan's wet dream!

Eagle Minded
can'not believe that BoC, when creating an anagram of apocalypse, chose Palace Posy and not "Soapy Place"
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:can'not believe that BoC, when creating an anagram of apocalypse, chose Palace Posy and not "Soapy Place"

Lmao. Soapy place is rad. I'd much have preferred that name, It does sound kinda soapy

Friendly Stranger
So I was looking through TH album art, and all the pictures seem as if you're looking through a window screen, some are barely noticeable. Also that WXAXRXP promo that said, "Through the trees, the forest. Through the forest, a screen." stuck with me too. Like there's something in the way stopping us from seeing real reality. And this might be a stretch, but I feel like most of their work somehow has ties to the Waco compound, just expanding the compound to be relative to the size of a nation on earth. The new seeds are born while the compound is burning down. I don't know, anyway, what comes after tomorrow's harvest?

Sherbet Head
Today's Produce

Dayvan Cowboy
steeldancer-x wrote:Today's Produce

At tomorrow's prices! No.... wait

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada