Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

Mon May 27, 2013 11:50 am

It would have been perfect as an intro, just before Reach for the Dead.

Mon May 27, 2013 1:14 pm

Moloch wrote:It would have been perfect as an intro, just before Reach for the Dead.

I see it more like an outro, but yeah this one deserve to be on the album, i'm sure it will be.

Mon May 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Gemini: track one

Gemini: May 21 - June 20

Dredging up of the subconscious mind.

This past weekend saw the last of three eclipses of 2013 (until the Fall), ending in Gemini.

Music Has The Right To Children: "Aquarius". Both Aquarius and Gemini are air signs.

Much of BoC's video imagery involves flying through the air.

-- end transmission --
Last edited by Skytree on Mon May 27, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Skytree wrote:Gemini: track one

Gemini: May 21 - June 20

Dredging up of the subconscious mind.

This past weekend saw the last of three eclipses of 2013 (until the Fall), ending in Gemini.

Music Has The Right To Children: "Aquarius". Both Aquarius and Gemini are air signs.

Much of BoC's video imagery involves flying through the air.

-- end transmission --

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Gemini#Comments

Mon May 27, 2013 7:13 pm

BoC tracks on BBC6

Marc Riley show

Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Vic Galloway on BBC Scotland has just said he is playing BoC tonight...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioscotland/

:D

Mon May 27, 2013 7:18 pm

Riley says new trackS from the album

Mon May 27, 2013 7:21 pm

tmc wrote:Vic Galloway on BBC Scotland has just said he is playing BoC tonight...

:D

Headphones at the ready.

Mon May 27, 2013 7:25 pm

ah reach for the dead again

Mon May 27, 2013 7:25 pm

Vic Galloway is playing Reach For The Dead now on Radio Scotland

Mon May 27, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm listening to BBC6. Nothing yet.

Mon May 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Riley ends set with Bongo Fury.. What is Gideon Coe's show like? Damn you Riley!

Mon May 27, 2013 7:57 pm

"Coincidentally or not, Boards of Canada have used familiar tactics in previewing new music from their first album in eight years, Tomorrow’s Harvest. First, they took a page from Kanye West and projected their new video for “Reach For The Dead” in downtown Tokyo."

No.

Mon May 27, 2013 8:05 pm

Cold Earth was the track in Detroit according to NME
http://www.nme.com/news/boards-of-canada/70527

Mon May 27, 2013 8:08 pm

I was making soup when I heard Riley babble about new BoC in the other room. I'm getting to the bottom of this as soon as the rebroadcast is available on iPlayer.

Tue May 28, 2013 1:03 am

For what I've heard from the tonx stream the intro is pretty nice, very athmospheric. But honestly track 3 and 4 sounds pretty terrible to me, even throught a stream, like if the Brothers tried to made MHTRTC 2, like a fan will made. I'm not trying to troll here, it's just my first feeling, I even laught when track 4 started...Am I alone ?

Hopefully we still have 12 tracks to discover.
Last edited by Geodesic on Tue May 28, 2013 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 am

Geodesic wrote:For what I've heard from the tonx stream the intro is pretty nice, very athmospheric. But honestly track 3 and 4 sounds pretty terrible to me, even throught a stream, like if the Brothers tried to made MHTRTC 2, like a fan will made. I'm not trying to troll here, it's just my first feeling, I even laught when track 4 started...Am I alone ?

Hopefully we still have 12 tracks to hear

Might be alone.. I thought track 3 was amazing and loved the beginning of track 4 (before I stopped listening).

Tue May 28, 2013 1:12 am

Helios wrote:
Geodesic wrote:For what I've heard from the tonx stream the intro is pretty nice, very athmospheric. But honestly track 3 and 4 sounds pretty terrible to me, even throught a stream, like if the Brothers tried to made MHTRTC 2, like a fan will made. I'm not trying to troll here, it's just my first feeling, I even laught when track 4 started...Am I alone ?

Hopefully we still have 12 tracks to hear

Might be alone.. I thought track 3 was amazing and loved the beginning of track 4 (before I stopped listening).

Or maybe I'm just tired IoI it's 3 am here in France.

Tue May 28, 2013 1:14 am

Comparing it to Music Has the Right to Children really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It's far more brooding and moody than MHTRTC (or any of their early works) for that matter. I'll just call it Tomorrow's Harvest and hope they don't repeat the same trick 20 years down the road when they put out their next record.

Tue May 28, 2013 1:16 am

sleepysilverdoor wrote:Comparing it to Music Has the Right to Children really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. It's far more brooding and moody than MHTRTC (or any of their early works) for that matter. I'll just call it Tomorrow's Harvest and hope they don't repeat the same trick 20 years down the road when they put out their next record.

Thank you.
Post a reply