mdg confirms(?) vinyl represses

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
noby wrote:some said one of two recent Aphex repressings, the front artwork looked slightly pixelated, i checked and couldnt find much difference.

I've just had a look at both originals and repressings of I Care Because You Do and Richard D James Album and yeah, can't really see any pixelating tbh.

If the BoC back cat does get repressed I'll be buying them all again for sure. Just so I don't have to worry about taking my originals out when I'm djing.

Friendly Stranger
MindElevation wrote:So I messaged mdg when tomorrow's harvest was announced to inquire about possible vinyl represses. I didn't expect a response to be honest, but he replied today. And it sounds like good news :D

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!@!121222111111

Dayvan Cowboy
DUUUUUUUUUUDE

It's a good year for BoC, then 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Sherbet Head
Well in that case then I hope they don't repress them :). Then again, the originals will always retain their value eventually since things normalize. Aphex Twin originals don't seem to have sunk too much. Also the thing mdg messaged hardly seems to me like a confirmation.

Sherbet Head
noby wrote:Well in that case then I hope they don't repress them :). Then again, the originals will always retain their value eventually since things normalize. Aphex Twin originals don't seem to have sunk too much. Also the thing mdg messaged hardly seems to me like a confirmation.

a reply of "I'd wait it out if I were you" to "but will wait it out if there is confirmation of represses" is as close to confirmation as you can get from mdg

Sherbet Head
noby wrote:Well in that case then I hope they don't repress them :). Then again, the originals will always retain their value eventually since things normalize. Aphex Twin originals don't seem to have sunk too much. Also the thing mdg messaged hardly seems to me like a confirmation.

meh, they have sunk. the value will only be retained when the new repressings become extinct again ala MHTRTC. when these repressings hit you'll see them drop. they may even repress 10,000 geogaddis, everyones happy!

Sherbet Head
MindElevation wrote:a reply of "I'd wait it out if I were you" to "but will wait it out if there is confirmation of represses" is as close to confirmation as you can get from mdg

That might be true, but still, I can't but reiterate that to me it's hardly a confirmation, regardless of who it's from.

thepastinsidepressant wrote:meh, they have sunk. the value will only be retained when the new repressings become extinct again ala MHTRTC. when these repressings hit you'll see them drop. they may even repress 10,000 geogaddis, everyones happy!

Represses are rarely ever even as valuable as the originals though. Collectors especially will always seek out those. I probably wouldn't buy the reissues even if I already didn't own the records. As selfish as it is I still hope them not to be repressed, but then again it's a pretty logical to feel that way. Oh well, they'll always have that special value to me at least (and people alike).

Dayvan Cowboy
Can't believe there are still mdg doubters after the events of the past couple weeks. ;)

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:Can't believe there are still mdg doubters after the events of the past couple weeks. ;)

No don't get me wrong I don't doubt him, I actually don't think I ever have. However, just saying "I recommend you to wait" I don't think qualifies as a confirmation per se.

Site Admin
noby wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Can't believe there are still mdg doubters after the events of the past couple weeks. ;)

No don't get me wrong I don't doubt him, I actually don't think I ever have. However, just saying "I recommend you to wait" I don't think qualifies as a confirmation per se.
In other words, you still doubt whether they will be repressed or not. ;)
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Great news! Id love to get hold on the ones im missing :D
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Eagle Minded
I will own all of them!

Sherbet Head
Aesthetics wrote:In other words, you still doubt whether they will be repressed or not. ;)

Yeah, I never denied that, and I already explained why I don't think what mdg said is exactly a confirmation per se.

Dayvan Cowboy
His comment could be interpreted as 'We are considering a repress. So don't risk wasting money until we have more information to offer you.'

But the way the response was constructed, purposefully ambiguous, leads me to believe that it is likely we will see a repress of their work in the future. They tend to take this approach whenever they have something on the horizon.

Sherbet Head
Aerial Boundaries wrote:His comment could be interpreted as 'We are considering a repress. So don't risk wasting money until we have more information to offer you.'

But the way the response was constructed, purposefully ambiguous, leads me to believe that it is likely we will see a repress of their work in the future. They tend to take this approach whenever they have something on the horizon.

Pretty much this. I mean, it certainly indicated that they might be planning that, which is something he has alluded to in the past as well. Still, to me a confirmation means that it would be 100% officially certain, which I don't think is fair to say. It's just highly likely.

But enough of this particular viewpoint now :)

Posts Quantity
so happy! hoping i land the job i applied for today so i can afford em.....

Eagle Minded
glad to hear this! BoC vinyl should be like medical vaccines, accessible to all. Anyway, seems to be a no-brainer for warp and co. to repress when there's such a high demand and people are willing to pay a premium price.

Boqurant
noby wrote:
MindElevation wrote:a reply of "I'd wait it out if I were you" to "but will wait it out if there is confirmation of represses" is as close to confirmation as you can get from mdg

That might be true, but still, I can't but reiterate that to me it's hardly a confirmation, regardless of who it's from.

thepastinsidepressant wrote:meh, they have sunk. the value will only be retained when the new repressings become extinct again ala MHTRTC. when these repressings hit you'll see them drop. they may even repress 10,000 geogaddis, everyones happy!

Represses are rarely ever even as valuable as the originals though. Collectors especially will always seek out those. I probably wouldn't buy the reissues even if I already didn't own the records. As selfish as it is I still hope them not to be repressed, but then again it's a pretty logical to feel that way. Oh well, they'll always have that special value to me at least (and people alike).
That's not selfish, that's just plain sad.

Sherbet Head
1991 wrote:That's not selfish, that's just plain sad.

It is a bit sad indeed when your property value goes down.

Dayvan Cowboy
noby wrote:
1991 wrote:That's not selfish, that's just plain sad.

It is a bit sad indeed when your property value goes down.

sheesh, no wonder you're burying your head in the sand and are in denial about these reissues! As a fan especially, you should be loving these records, not speculating on them. Invest in actual property if you're worried about the profit involved with "property value"!
Last edited by Opothecary on Fri May 10, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada