06. Cold Earth (3:42)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Anyone feeling a close similarity to Oscar see through red eye in this track?
We had a dream last night. We had the same dream.

Sherbet Head
23degreesdream wrote:Anyone feeling a close similarity to Oscar see through red eye in this track?

The only similarity I see is they both have a lot going on it the background with the crazy noises.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Eagle Minded
23degreesdream wrote:Anyone feeling a close similarity to Oscar see through red eye in this track?

Actually, yes - something in the chords.

Incidentally, while I think TCH was actually pretty good, OSTRE was the only track that, from my perspective, really had 'something else' to it - like channeling a fragment of Geogaddi in the tune writing...

Indeed, I strongly sense both OSTRE and (especially) Cold Earth sound like the closest to Geogaddi on their respective albums.

EDIT: Further to this: why not try taking the very first opening seconds and either pitch OSTRE up by 1 semitone, or pitch Cold Earth down by 1 semitone. A/B against the other track.

Friendly Stranger
The more I listen to this song the more I think it wouldn't have been out of place on Geogaddi.

Friendly Stranger
Solstice wrote:
Calvin wrote:Anyone know what the "one second" of super awesome audio/sound is in this song that BoC refer to in the guardian interview?

The one second burst of noise at 1:56 that comes after the sonar ping, and before the counting voice.. Noticed that the first time I listened to the track, awesome.

I think the ethereal, cold clinging sound at 1:23 is the sound they're referring to.
"When lava pours out near the sea's surface........BOOM!!!!!!!..........tremendous volcanic explosions sometimes occur."

Eagle Minded
Working on a video for this track. dope

Sherbet Head
I just realized what the male voice reminds me of: the "touch...touch" guy in the Midas Touch remix. Same reverb.
All of old. Nothing else ever. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Posts Quantity
Absolutely love this track, for some reason it reminds me a little of Aquarius, one of my all time favs.

Friendly Stranger
bananaoctopus wrote:Absolutely love this track, for some reason it reminds me a little of Aquarius, one of my all time favs.

Because of he counting. You're a child at heart! It must date back to when you used to watch Sesame Street or Electric Company.
"When lava pours out near the sea's surface........BOOM!!!!!!!..........tremendous volcanic explosions sometimes occur."

Sherbet Head
Clinnnng chh...WHOOSH

Sherbet Head
See also: BOOM pa pa chhh BOOM pa pa chh

Eagle Minded

moreso a darker version of "84' Pontiac Dream"
you don't care to hear until you listen

Posts Quantity
Turbo Moe wrote:
bananaoctopus wrote:Absolutely love this track, for some reason it reminds me a little of Aquarius, one of my all time favs.

Because of he counting. You're a child at heart! It must date back to when you used to watch Sesame Street or Electric Company.

Haha, very valid point!

Eagle Minded
GH wrote:This track is my current earworm.

That must mean it's my current fave. 8)

another victim here.
its been over 24 hours ... showing no signs of going away and i am not upset about it.
just fantastic, this.
Four legs good, two legs bad
- George Orwell

Dayvan Cowboy
Still think this track would fit seamlessly into Geogaddi
endlessly manifold, self contained revealed, replete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTfU5SOlSf8

http://maketapesounds.bandcamp.com/

Eagle Minded
TaoTapeTao wrote:Still think this track would fit seamlessly into Geogaddi

Posts Quantity
My first favourite from the album and an instant classic. I made a fan video for it, my first.

Boqurant
paul wrote:
GH wrote:This track is my current earworm.

That must mean it's my current fave. 8)

another victim here.
its been over 24 hours ... showing no signs of going away and i am not upset about it.
just fantastic, this.

...aaand another victim here. It's been roaming around my head since I listened to the album this morning. It reminds me of Hi Scores and Skyliner, it has that same up-tempo drive.

Boqurant
Turbo Moe wrote:
Solstice wrote:
Calvin wrote:Anyone know what the "one second" of super awesome audio/sound is in this song that BoC refer to in the guardian interview?

The one second burst of noise at 1:56 that comes after the sonar ping, and before the counting voice.. Noticed that the first time I listened to the track, awesome.

I think the ethereal, cold clinging sound at 1:23 is the sound they're referring to.

THAT WAS SO WORTH THEIR JOURNEY, WOW!

Friendly Stranger
I'm sure part of the sampled words says "I hate you" interesting if so, to me it sounds like classic BOC, a lot like something found on MHTRTC with added zing.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada