06. Cold Earth (3:42)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Keep the discussion to this track in this specific thread.

Please also add your findings to the following wiki article: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Cold_Earth#Comments

Make sure to add a reference on bocpages to your post on twoism detailing your finding.

example text of what to put on bocpages:
Code: Select all
* Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. <ref>http://www.twoism.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2</ref>

The hyperlink between the <ref></ref> will automatically generate a reference to that link.

During the transmission, telepath set up this extremely ominous mood...and then it went right into Cold Earth. This is where the album really fucking hit me. I was absolutely floored by how dark and heavy this track was. Crying tears of some sort of confusion and fear, while nodding my head to the fucking righteous industrial beat. So awesome. too bad it cuts out so short
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Posts Quantity
This is such a rad song, the vocal delay effect reminded me of the vocal stabs in the bros.' mix of Dirty Great Mable. The bass in this track is ridiculously DEEP!!! When I heard this clip from the Mov't festival I was sure this album was going to be great.
Paul White

Cloudhead Games

Sherbet Head
I love the eery feeling of this one. not sure yet but could be my favorite off the new LP :)

Eagle Minded
So glad to hear a good quality of this ... sounds so much better than I could have imagined. The electronic music festival video was a bit discouraging. Couldn't hear those little BoC intricacies

Sherbet Head
Surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. Classic BoC. Definitely in my top 3 of the album.

Posts Quantity
Is it only me who think the title doesn't fit the track? Apart from the title, one of the best of all time imo. Especially with Telepath working as a slow count down for the track on the album.

Boqurant
chorus wrote:Is it only me who think the title doesn't fit the track? Apart from the title, one of the best of all time imo. Especially with Telepath working as a slow count down for the track on the album.

I thought the same. Track title doesn't really fit the music. If I only got to see track titles and hear the tracks, Cold Earth was perhaps the last title I would connect to the song :D.

Friendly Stranger
In relation to XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/XXXXXX....

IF the vocal samples are all numbers, there are 36 of them. Hopefully they'll be clearer/more decipherable once my legit copy from Bleep arrives.

Apophenia, perhaps... But still interesting.

Friendly Stranger
stunning track, the best from the new LP without any doubt!

Friendly Stranger
This track is fantastic, weird to see not more people are taking about this one. Truly sounds like an update on the classic BoC sound
willowtalk.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
This is one of my favorites. I keep saying that for so many tracks, but it's true.

Boqurant
that metallic sound coupled with the snare at 1:24 slays me!

Friendly Stranger
lurving the classic trip hop vibe with the layering brilliance of boc.

Eagle Minded
this track was good, but I thought it was a bit overhyped.

Split Your infinities and New Seeds were better, imo.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Eagle Minded
Does anybody else feel like this is Spiros' little sister? :3
Toss the sun down the backwards spiral

Eagle Minded
DawnChorus wrote:This track is fantastic, weird to see not more people are taking about this one. Truly sounds like an update on the classic BoC sound

Agreed. This song was the first one that hit me hard when I was listening all the way thru for the first time. Such a great simultaneously light and dark sound with a great beat and flow. I love this one.
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Friendly Stranger
Impossible Geometry wrote:that metallic sound coupled with the snare at 1:24 slays me!

Ninja!

Friendly Stranger
Cold earth is up there for one of my favorites on the album, but has since been outshined. However, when I think about that moment we all sat staring at our monitors listening to the live stream, that bass dropped and this website blew up like we all just hit the lottery. That right there is a moment I'll never forget. It will always remain as one of my favorite moments in life. That moment right there was the beginning of the climax that took 7 years to cultivate, and that moment will never happen again.

Boqurant
Wonder Spunion wrote:...that bass dropped and this website blew up like we all just hit the lottery. That right there is a moment I'll never forget. It will always remain as one of my favorite moments in life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sherbet Head
The more I listen to it (and I've listed to it a lot) the more I can hear Zoolook-era JMJ in the samples. It's really evocative.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada