06. Cold Earth (3:42)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Dmitrii wrote:
Headphase wrote:Ok and the same thing happens with uritual. When you amplify the first second, you can clearly hear one song link to another.

i've already done this some time ago, here are the most interesting results:
https://soundcloud.com/dmtrptpv/sets/fade-outs

I'm actually don't hear anything here,

So if someone else also notice something interesting?

I hear at the very end of Semena, then track almost fades out, a melody, for a few seconds, which eventually fades out with the rest track

Eagle Minded
If you put Uritual into Audicity and cut the first 3 seconds and paste into a new screen, amplify the section by about 40db, and you can hear a snippet of an unrelated track. It's as if an entirely different track originally preceded it with a barely audible crossfade.

Boqurant
definitely can't hear any of this. though I want to believe.

Dayvan Cowboy
Peacock Tail wrote:If you put Uritual into Audicity and cut the first 3 seconds and paste into a new screen, amplify the section by about 40db, and you can hear a snippet of an unrelated track. It's as if an entirely different track originally preceded it with a barely audible crossfade.

So what are you thinking about it, that snippet is from another track of the album, or it's something unheard? Maybe you can upload it ?

Dayvan Cowboy
Always had Uritual pegged as the "old song" they referenced interviews rather than Nothing is Real, although that pairing is my favorite section of the album. Uritual seems like House of Abin'adab 3.0 (Circle being 2.0)

Eagle Minded
arvy wrote:
Peacock Tail wrote:If you put Uritual into Audicity and cut the first 3 seconds and paste into a new screen, amplify the section by about 40db, and you can hear a snippet of an unrelated track. It's as if an entirely different track originally preceded it with a barely audible crossfade.

So what are you thinking about it, that snippet is from another track of the album, or it's something unheard? Maybe you can upload it ?

Hi Arvy,

Yes I'll get round to uploading it but it will be later on this evening.

I don't actually recognise the sound of the snippet as something I've previously heard. It really is just a few fleeting notes on an analogue synth.

In terms of TH, I'd say it's pretty much unrelated.

Cheers

Paul

Dayvan Cowboy
Thatn you for your response, cheers ;)

Eagle Minded
A U.I. (user interface) is described as: "in the industrial design field of human–machine interaction, it is the space where interactions between humans and machines occur."

If one were to be created for extreme measures, it could be considered an 'ULTRA UI'....

...rearrange those letters.... ;)

If the 'U' does stand for 'User', then User-Ritual actually brings all kinds of connotations in terms of technology, or even drugs.

Eagle Minded
Huh, did my reply disappear, or did I forget to submit my post? Huh.

I'm quite sure this has been already identified, but the unrelated sounds at the beginning of Uritual are the very tail end of Jacquard Causeway. To verify that, put the two songs in a single file in Audacity, and amplify the segue. I did that this morning and it sounded seamless.

I remember people saying this was evidence of an alternate tracklisting, or of the palindromic nature of the album, but I don't think any other examples of this appeared. It may have been a bit of a blunder, or just a bit of intentional mind-screwery. Who knows.
My music: ferniecanto.com.br
YouTube: youtube.com/user/FernieCanto
Bandcamp: ferniecanto.bandcamp.com

Latest album: "Builders of Worlds", released on February 2015: http://www.ferniecanto.com.br/bow/

Eagle Minded
Also notice how Gemini literally doesn't end properly. It just cuts off right at the end

Dayvan Cowboy
Headphase wrote:Also notice how Gemini literally doesn't end properly. It just cuts off right at the end

And Reach For The Dead starts pretty much abruptly

Boqurant
FernieCanto wrote:Huh, did my reply disappear, or did I forget to submit my post? Huh.

I'm quite sure this has been already identified, but the unrelated sounds at the beginning of Uritual are the very tail end of Jacquard Causeway. To verify that, put the two songs in a single file in Audacity, and amplify the segue. I did that this morning and it sounded seamless.

I remember people saying this was evidence of an alternate tracklisting, or of the palindromic nature of the album, but I don't think any other examples of this appeared. It may have been a bit of a blunder, or just a bit of intentional mind-screwery. Who knows.

what! where has this juicy info been hiding?! It's actually right! I'm surprised more people aren't freaking out at this fact?

Dayvan Cowboy
it would be cool if someone upload this...

Eagle Minded
If no one else has done it, I'll definitely do it this evening!! :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks, cheers mate ;)

Posts Quantity

Dayvan Cowboy
Dmitrii wrote:https://soundcloud.com/dmtrptpv/jacquard-causeway-uritual

thanks, but lol, I still can't hear anything, also seems that you don't allow to download your files on soundcloud, so I can hear shit from my laptop speakers

Eagle Minded
i-the-wayside wrote:what! where has this juicy info been hiding?! It's actually right! I'm surprised more people aren't freaking out at this fact?

I positively remember people did freak out over that, but I think it happened one year ago, and the original thread might be buried here somewhere.
My music: ferniecanto.com.br
YouTube: youtube.com/user/FernieCanto
Bandcamp: ferniecanto.bandcamp.com

Latest album: "Builders of Worlds", released on February 2015: http://www.ferniecanto.com.br/bow/

Eagle Minded
Uritual:

First 1.5 seconds, amplified by 40db.

https://paulo2.bandcamp.com/track/uritual-intro

Sorry, I don't have a soundcloud account. This will be deleted in a couple of days as I don't want to fall foul of copyright....

Actually, is this ok to post??? I'll happily delete if not....

Paul

Eagle Minded
It's Jacquard Causeway's outro, Fernie said it a couple of posts ago.
---
Fuck transphobes

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada