[FAKE] Whitney Houston - How Will I Know (Hell Interface)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
This really was the perfect storm of a hoax - the tape looked authentic, the remix at least in the spirit of what you'd expect it to sound like, and the subject matter so ephemeral that you'd never expect someone to bother creating a fake for it in the first place. It sure beats the umpteenth Hooper Bay fake...

Eagle Minded
There's still a part in me that refuses to believe it's fake, tbh. They could choose not to acknowledge it for whatever reasons, but conspiracy theories, you know.
I Might Be Wrong

Sherbet Head
Rodheh did it. :wink:

Eagle Minded
At this point I'm so highly skeptical that I can't but feel that yes, 'this track is a fake' because the Whitney remix never existed in the first place, it was a fake track as every other track on the list on that magazine. So no, the audio is not an official track since there was none to begin with. If this is true then: a) you have released the first non-existent EP in the history of music; and b) it's the best leading clue ever for whatever the Orphel thing might announce.
---
Fuck transphobes

Dayvan Cowboy
Well, you win some..ya lose some. :lol:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Posts Quantity
zeoevil wrote:Rodheh did it. :wink:

Change of plans: in his absence I got to take home the asshole of the other thread award, just by suggesting that we wait before posting unconfirmed tracks on the bocpages. Sensitive bunch..

I kind of liked the howls, for the record.

Dayvan Cowboy
aperture wrote:

Change of plans: in his absence I got to take home the asshole of the other thread award, just by suggesting that we wait before posting unconfirmed tracks on the bocpages. Sensitive bunch..

It's like a wiki is this permanent thing that gets printed onto dead trees that nothing can ever be redacted from...

Posts Quantity
Opothecary wrote:
aperture wrote:

It's like a wiki is this permanent thing that gets printed onto dead trees that nothing can ever be redacted from...

Oh I know, like blowing a suggestion way out of proportion or chastising me for a even a slightly sarcastic tone like so many others get away with. Keep extracting all the negatives and ignore any positives I might try to introduce, like in my last sentence. Pretty sure I've thanked the guy more than a few times too, but I just don't know how to jump in there with the ass kissing hot on the heels of a knee jerk reaction like a seasoned pro. I'm learning a lot from you guys. Keep teaching what you think you know.

Dayvan Cowboy
Basefree wrote:If there's somebody to criticize I think it's Boards themselves. It wouldn't rip them of their privacy if they bothered to comment on some things on Facebook or other medium every now and then. The Hexagon representative thing is, let me be mean, bullshit. I do appreciate what mdg does but I don't think this is the right way of dealing with fans, especially of this number.

Unfortunately, that just isn't who they are. It is both alternately frustrating and refreshing, but I feel like most people wouldn't have it any other way, push come to shove.

I think part of what makes them special is that they are not just another group that does things the same way as everyone else does. They are intensely private people and they feel that their music should do all of the talking. Who knows, mdg could actually be one or both them, with just the illusion of there being a middle man between them and us. We'll never know and that's fine.

I think while the internet has many benefits, it has also brought people much closer, in ways that they were probably never meant to be. I think it's important to maintain a healthy distance between the artist and the listener. In one's mind it probably seems great to either meet or correspond with your favorite artist via social media, but to me it's all a little bit like opening the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Raiders.

I think these types of fakes and hoaxes are ultimately just part and parcel and an unfortunate side effect of how they choose to conduct their public careers (or lack thereof) and as frustrating as all of this is, I think we need more of that in a world of Kanye Wests and Lady Gagas.

Eagle Minded
The way I see it is that they enjoy thriving on the aura of mystery instead of being just private. I think it would abolish at least some of the fake culture if they shot down some of these themselves. I can't see how this would make them any less private. Or if they replied to the occasional fan question as a gesture of appreciation.
I Might Be Wrong

aperture wrote:
Opothecary wrote:
aperture wrote:

Oh I know, like blowing a suggestion way out of proportion or chastising me for a even a slightly sarcastic tone like so many others get away with. Keep extracting all the negatives and ignore any positives I might try to introduce, like in my last sentence. Pretty sure I've thanked the guy more than a few times too, but I just don't know how to jump in there with the ass kissing hot on the heels of a knee jerk reaction like a seasoned pro. I'm learning a lot from you guys. Keep teaching what you think you know.

Wow, I reckon you are refering to this post by me? I suggest you read it again a couple of times. There is absolutely not a single bit of harm intended with this post towards you or anyone else. I was just elaborating a bit on why I posted the rumor after having my doubts to do so. It surprises me you distill such negative vibes from my post. Is it perhaps my wording? Please keep in mind I'm no native English speaker so my wording might be a bit off sometimes.

Dayvan Cowboy
don't worry about it fredd. It's the beauty of the Internet. Everything can be interpreted however the reader sees fit. If he's in a bad mood a simple comment can be an attack. we don't actually communicate anymore. we just 'opinionate' ( 'opinionate' copyright sept 16 2013)

Dayvan Cowboy
re-phaelam-ed wrote:we don't actually communicate anymore. we just 'opinionate'
woah

Dayvan Cowboy
re-phaelam-ed wrote:don't worry about it fredd. It's the beauty of the Internet. Everything can be interpreted however the reader sees fit. If he's in a bad mood a simple comment can be an attack. we don't actually communicate anymore. we just 'opinionate' ( 'opinionate' copyright sept 16 2013)

Do I have permission to use "opinionate" in daily conversation? And where should I send royalties?

PS I never once thought this whole remix thing was for real... just didn't sound legit to me for some reason.

Eagle Minded
All I know is, we got served by a mega troll...

Eagle Minded
Not to be a dick but,
You're just going to take "it's fake" at face value?
Okay, imagine you record an album at the age of 12 or 13.
You get a decent sized following by the time you are 20-something.
Would you want to suppress this album you made at 12 or 13?
Would you deny, say, a track popping up from this album?
What would it take you to release or even acknowledge the existence of this record?
Are BoC possibly intentionally suppressing unheard old tunes?
You're knocking on the door I closed today

Dayvan Cowboy
ZosoCon wrote:All I know is, we got served by a mega troll...

BEST ERNEST MOVIE!! 8)
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
circleofthesun wrote:Not to be a dick but,
You're just going to take "it's fake" at face value?
Okay, imagine you record an album at the age of 12 or 13.
You get a decent sized following by the time you are 20-something.
Would you want to suppress this album you made at 12 or 13?
Would you deny, say, a track popping up from this album?
What would it take you to release or even acknowledge the existence of this record?
Are BoC possibly intentionally suppressing unheard old tunes?

I think Rodheh has already copped to being the one who created the remix. mdg has always been very forthcoming as to what's real and what's not - OTV1/OTV2/R35TT have all been confirmed by him as authentic. There's almost as much music on those 3 tapes as their is in their proper catalog, some of it much more juvenile than this remix. So I don't see any reason for them to disown it.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:I think Rodheh has already copped to being the one who created the remix.

Really? I was just joking around. Back on Sunday, it dawned on me he was ubiquitous by his absence during the whole thing, but I didn't think he actually did it.

Dayvan Cowboy
zeoevil wrote:
Opothecary wrote:I think Rodheh has already copped to being the one who created the remix.

Really? I was just joking around. Back on Sunday, it dawned on me he was ubiquitous by his absence during the whole thing, but I didn't think he actually did it.

Well I guess that's how rumors get started! No idea who did it then

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada