Hi-Scores (2014 remastered)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
is anyone ever going to scan in the poster so i can finally have a new wallpaper?
also doesn't it say on the bleep description that the poster is double sided? is it the same image on both sides?

Eagle Minded
anecdote wrote:is anyone ever going to scan in the poster so i can finally have a new wallpaper?
also doesn't it say on the bleep description that the poster is double sided? is it the same image on both sides?

it's one sided

just to say it again for anyone worried about picking up the remaster because of all the problems with the last repressing ...

this repressing is quality

Happy Cycler
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
Dmitrii wrote:it seems that nobody here really cares about the remaster itself

i might buy it though after 4 repressings and change it to this glossy colour thing :/
they should have left it well alone

I feel the same. Not a fan of the new package. Plus, like you I can't see myslef buying yet another hi scores lp. But since it had already received 3 repressings (I'm not including the first pressing as a repress of course) I guess they had to add something extra to this 5th pressing.

Posts Quantity
Really worth it, the vinyl sounds great and is the best remaster yet.

Dayvan Cowboy
I forgot to buy this. too skint now. I'll get it next month.

Also, hi chyld :D still poppng your head in frm time to time? ;p

Boqurant
It's redundant to say, I know, but this remaster really is beautiful. The most satisfying of all of these reissues.
If you don't have the dik sometime, then the art is not about human race. Then is not art. This my theory.

http://instagram.com/jamesyboyyyy

Boqurant
Clearly the best one yet.
Only IABPOITC was nearly as good as this one. What makes me wonder why didn't we get every re-release properly done as this, that was the last one. *Sigh*

Dayvan Cowboy
1991 wrote:Clearly the best one yet.
Only IABPOITC was nearly as good as this one. What makes me wonder why didn't we get every re-release properly done as this, that was the last one. *Sigh*

waiting for my copy to arrive, but every repress was good by itself, I mean to have a copy of Geogaddi, even with it has it problems,is amazing thing! Actually even the Campfire sound great to me, that first heavier vinyl...

Friendly Stranger

Posts Quantity
1991 wrote:Clearly the best one yet.

In terms of the remaster, this is the most noticeable to me, and that's just on the bleep mp3s.
I've been skeptical of the reissues ever since there started emerging complaints/issues about them, but I thought I might as well buy them with the Hi Scores Vinyl, hopefully the next batch distributed at the end of the month don't have too many issues.
Though, you're right, it would have been nice if they'd gone through each release individually, and had them each done up nicely, like they did with this one.
Be music friends: http://last.fm/user/will-neill
Be friends with my music: http://willneill.bandcamp.com/

Boqurant
What I was referring to was just about the quality of the press and the sound of it. Yes, it was such a joy to be able to finally own (almost) all of their discography on vinyl (Aquarius, anyone?), but to be honest the whole pressing mistakes kind of ruined the whole experience for me. And it bugs me that Warp could have a done a far better job, as we can see from Hi Scores, but just didn't.

Well, moving on from my own personal whining... Prior to this release, from my understanding, only Geogaddi and IABOITC where remastered. But what I would like to know is what is meant by "re-recorded" in this case.

"Re-recorded and re-mastered from original DAT tapes"
https://bleep.com/release/5213-boards-o ... -hi-scores

What is said about Geogaddi and IABOITC is "recut".

"RECUT BY NOEL SUMMERVILLE FROM ORIGINAL DAT MASTER"
http://boardsofcanada.com/vinyl-reissues/

Does anyone has any further information about this?

Posts Quantity
will there be a CD/MP3 release or is it just a another vinyl thing?

Techboy wrote:I forgot to buy this. too skint now. I'll get it next month.

Also, hi chyld :D still poppng your head in frm time to time? ;p

Ha! I missed that. Rarer than hens teeth!

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
I received my RedEye "bundle" yesterday. Like everyone here and on WATMM I haven't received a CD either and tried today to get a refund, but they won't budge blaming the distributor. If PayPal wouldn't have the shitty 45 day window for filing a dispute and escalating it, then I probably could have part of my money back since I didn't intend to spend this amount on just the vinyl.

Right now my vinyl copy is sealed and would very much like to post-pone unsealing it, so has anybody here that ordered from RedEye not receive the poster?

Posts Quantity
Yay! It's in CD format!!

Eagle Minded
Just my opinion, but I'm not so keen on the sound of this remaster. (CD version)

They seem to have bumped up the bottom end so much that it's swamping a lot of the definition and detail in the top end.

Much prefer my previous edition. It just sounds much cleaner and balanced to me. (Or of course, it's just what I'm used to hearing!) :)

Glad that it's out there for others to snap up a legit copy though!

Can we have a 12" and CD Aquarius / Chinook release now please? Maybe with the 'MASK' tracks included? :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Judging by the youtube vid here (streamed in highest quality) the sound doesn't really seem remarkably altered other than the swapped stereo image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLReNnxIkHQ

Not sure this is worth my $s.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Sherbet Head
Pre-ordered CD from Skam, came with one of the BoC "hand" fliers (pics of girl with hand up and the Skam PO box info on the side). Was this standard with the Skam CD re-release?[/quote]

Posts Quantity
but why did they switch the channels?

Posts Quantity
HighScore wrote:I received my RedEye "bundle" yesterday. Like everyone here and on WATMM I haven't received a CD either and tried today to get a refund, but they won't budge blaming the distributor. If PayPal wouldn't have the shitty 45 day window for filing a dispute and escalating it, then I probably could have part of my money back since I didn't intend to spend this amount on just the vinyl.

Right now my vinyl copy is sealed and would very much like to post-pone unsealing it, so has anybody here that ordered from RedEye not receive the poster?

I'm in the same boat as you and the rest of us that went the same route. I don't accept the idea mentioned earlier either that we should have known there'd be a problem since Skam and Bleep may not have offered a bundle like that. I don't think it's a customer's job to know exactly what someone's offering for sale a certain price. Anyway I'm trying to at least see if they have copies of the CD and poster for purchase. If it's not too much I might just do a separate purchase if they show they're willing to be reasonable.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada