Change on Boards' Website

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:Suprised they didnt announce nothing, maybe I should take a break from this hexagon party, the less you expect, the more chance they going to deliver.

This is where I will be on Saturday if tomorrow comes and goes without an update. I do like that after years of people resenting no music or updates from these guys, the nearly daily random social media activity/PRS leaks followed by weeks of silence almost now invokes this Pavlovian response of "nothing must mean something" especially since this all kicked off on 6/6 and now it will be 9/9.

The Cosecha 8/22 stuff always seemed like a derail or distraction from what they had been establishing the prior couple of months, it only felt good because a release at the beginning of autumn on 9/23 would have tied into the whole Harvest Ritual thing and 8/22 would be around when you'd probably announce something for 9/23.

It's funny that the unlimited black vinyl release of the Sisters remix is coming on 9/23, so I guess we get something that day after all. Part of me hopes the timing of the unlimited release is meant as an impulse buy for people who are ordering something else of interest that hasn't been announced yet...

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:
arvy wrote:Suprised they didnt announce nothing, maybe I should take a break from this hexagon party, the less you expect, the more chance they going to deliver.

This is where I will be on Saturday if tomorrow comes and goes without an update. I do like that after years of people resenting no music or updates from these guys, the nearly daily random social media activity/PRS leaks followed by weeks of silence almost now invokes this Pavlovian response of "nothing must mean something" especially since this all kicked off on 6/6 and now it will be 9/9.

The Cosecha 8/22 stuff always seemed like a derail or distraction from what they had been establishing the prior couple of months, it only felt good because a release at the beginning of autumn on 9/23 would have tied into the whole Harvest Ritual thing and 8/22 would be around when you'd probably announce something for 9/23.

It's funny that the unlimited black vinyl release of the Sisters remix is coming on 9/23, so I guess we get something that day after all. Part of me hopes the timing of the unlimited release is meant as an impulse buy for people who are ordering something else of interest that hasn't been announced yet...

Yeah, exactly, like TH was released like on a perfect day, o TCH... 8/22 also felt like a perfect day for the announcment...
I dunno, this all feels a little offputing, at first not so much, but now really, just think after several years of chasing the hints, this was like a cold shower.
I really doubt that now they are going to release something TH related, I really don't believe they are going to release something on cosecha-transmisiones, if they will I would be very surprised.
I dunno, I just feeling honestly a little disappointing, after those two remixes, and Nevermen remix, in my opinion was such a cool fan service, taking the very known motive, part of the album, wich you listened probably a hundred of hours and make something completely different from it. This was my favorite thing about all Boards of Canada.
I feel I may be a little harsh on their next release, not because I have a grudge on them or something, but simple because I feel that the magic is not where anymore.
Like I was saying before, BOC music is like magic, it's very subtle, take off one of the secret ingredients and it's falling apart. And they just did it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some interesting movements on the web - stash.warp.net seems to be completely gone, and cosecha-transmisiones.com now shows up in web based reverse whois searches as belonging to Warp when it never used to in the past - ie http://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=warp+records

Not sure when those changes happened but they must have both been within the past month or so I'd guess. Whole lot of nothing but things seem to be moving at a glacial pace.

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:Some interesting movements on the web - stash.warp.net seems to be completely gone, and cosecha-transmisiones.com now shows up in web based reverse whois searches as belonging to Warp when it never used to in the past - ie http://viewdns.info/reversewhois/?q=warp+records

Not sure when those changes happened but they must have both been within the past month or so I'd guess. Whole lot of nothing but things seem to be moving at a glacial pace.

Oh you're shitting me. Is stash.warp.net completely gone? I used to play the old audiovisual interactive promo game all the time on stash.warp.net/geogaddi that I found by sifting the html of their website back in 2013.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Oh you're shitting me. Is stash.warp.net completely gone? I used to play the old audiovisual interactive promo game all the time on stash.warp.net/geogaddi that I found by sifting the html of their website back in 2013.

Yeah isn't it crazy? I wonder if they got tired of people asking questions at the Cosecha site...

Sherbet Head
:( I hope they hide the geogaddi web thing somewhere on the new site. I also really liked the "thank you" cosecha site.

Sherbet Head
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:I used to play the old audiovisual interactive promo game all the time on stash.warp.net/geogaddi that I found by sifting the html of their website back in 2013.

What exactly is this? Is it not that flight simulator thing?

Because that's still here: http://atomless.com/projects/boc/site/

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
Valotonin wrote:I used to play the old audiovisual interactive promo game all the time on stash.warp.net/geogaddi that I found by sifting the html of their website back in 2013.

I love you forever.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:

I love you forever.

<3

Dayvan Cowboy
They finally updated their video playlist on Youtube a few days ago for the first time in a year and a half and its quite a changeup. Some nice R35TT in there and more emphasis on TH.

Dayvan Cowboy
There's some cool numbering easter eggs in the updated BoC video playlist.

132 videos total
132 / 3 = 44

Video 7 - Macquarie Ridge
Video 10 - Nothing is Real
7 x 10 = 70

Video 16 = Music is Math
4 x 4 = 16

Video 44 = 1969
(6 x 9) - (1 + 9) = 44

Videos 88 and 132 - Gyroscope (yes, there's even more Gyroscope videos than these 2)

Posts Quantity
and it proves that... :roll:

Dayvan Cowboy
green calx wrote:and it proves that... :roll:

Hey man great contribution!

Not really sure what it means since they heavily updated their playlist again, 8 days since the last time. Fredd and I watched it happen real time. Now #44 is the Atalanta Fugiens' Julie and Candy soundboard video used in the TH campaign, and #22 is One Got Fat.

Wonder if we will get another update in 8 days on 12+/16/+16? They sure seem busy lately. I really liked that Open the Light video they posted today too. It sure evokes that feeling of ready, let's go...

Eagle Minded
Great enthusiasm Opothecary. Do you think there are serious clues in the activity on youtube for a release date?

I have read your recent posts and I'd love to believe there is something going on but it just seems to me to be fitting a narrative that you are creating yourself. I can't see them releasing anything until at least next spring 2017.

I have to say I thought they had gotten over these long release droughts. I mean it's entirely up to them when they release albums but it would be nice to be a tad more frequent. All classic albums only took a year or 2 between releases and most of those toured too.

Keep it up though, still nice to read in these barren times.

Some of the other threads are just not even bothering entertaining which is what happens when we have nothing to feed off.

Dayvan Cowboy
realspiel wrote:Great enthusiasm Opothecary. Do you think there are serious clues in the activity on youtube for a release date?

I have read your recent posts and I'd love to believe there is something going on but it just seems to me to be fitting a narrative that you are creating yourself. I can't see them releasing anything until at least next spring 2017.

I have to say I thought they had gotten over these long release droughts. I mean it's entirely up to them when they release albums but it would be nice to be a tad more frequent. All classic albums only took a year or 2 between releases and most of those toured too.

Keep it up though, still nice to read in these barren times.

Some of the other threads are just not even bothering entertaining which is what happens when we have nothing to feed off.

No idea what's going to happen really. Aside from a digital release dropping right away (not really their style) I'm seeing the various date based permutations of 44 as a hint toward a 12/16/16 announcement of some kind. I could see whatever it is being released in January or February.

As far as YouTube goes, I think right now it's just pre announcement housekeeping. It's been a couple of years since they touched it and there were a handful of deleted/private videos in their playlist.

It would be cool to see them kick things off with a new video from Atalanta Fugiens or something like that, but who knows really.

Sherbet Head
A new HQ live song/video from atalanta would hold me over for the next few years
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Eagle Minded
That's pretty cool Opothecary, if you're right we'll find out tomorrow. I hope you're right!

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:There's some cool numbering easter eggs in the updated BoC video playlist.

132 videos total
132 / 3 = 44

Video 7 - Macquarie Ridge
Video 10 - Nothing is Real
7 x 10 = 70

Video 16 = Music is Math
4 x 4 = 16

Video 44 = 1969
(6 x 9) - (1 + 9) = 44

Videos 88 and 132 - Gyroscope (yes, there's even more Gyroscope videos than these 2)

W H A T
H
A
T
???

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada