Yet Another Random 35 Track Tape Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Opothecary wrote:Thanks for your thoughts, it's my favorite unreleased release to talk about. Really unintentionally brings the whole BoC aesthetic together, top notch material, no titles and nothing but the sounds to discuss. Always had B10 pegged as Remmy Kid, between track lengths and the number connection (Smallest Weird Number on Geogaddi and Remmy (remedial) Kid) it seemed like there was some kind of connection there.

Do you happen to have the version of Godever that was floating around years ago on Audiogalaxy/Napster that ended up being A14 later on? I really regret not holding onto it, and a lot of people are skeptical about this tape even though mdg validated it and this to me, was always the link that proved its validity.

I always thought B08 was Remy Kid, as it has the exact same lenth as it.

Eagle Minded
patrix90 wrote:I always thought B08 was Remy Kid, as it has the exact same lenth as it.

A04 has always been my guess, and considering we believe a lot of the tracks to be potentially truncated, cutting a couple seconds off the end to transition it into finity for the r35tt seems plausible. I also never thought B08 fit the idea I had in my head of what Play By Numbers probably sounds like, although I do love that track.

Sherbet Head
Are you tired of listening to A06/5D only for your mellow to be harshed by the 30 second crossfade into A07? Now you don't have to anymore, for I have pretty much reconstructed 5D to its original form here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3suvdn8ip7634 ... 9.mp3?dl=0

This track was a right pain to edit without little clicks and pops showing up as a result of poor cutting, but I think I got it pretty well here.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
I've completely restored R35TT by smoothing all the crossfades / edits into a perfect flowing listen without clicks and pops etc... Dunno if I'm allowed to upload it though....?

Dayvan Cowboy
You could point him in the direction of techboy, so he could host it. Remember he has that website?

Sherbet Head
Also, I Will Get It Tattooed sounds pretty cool when you reverse it. (not gonna link this one, open up Audacity and try it for yourself)
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Am I the only one who really likes 09B?
Red -
Orange - Aquarius
Yellow - Alpha and Omega
Green -
Blue -
Purple - Music is Math

Eagle Minded
valleaux wrote:Am I the only one who really likes 09B?

From the many discussions about R35TT on this site I've seen, 9B actually seems to be one of the most popular :P

Boqurant
Posted this on a seperate thread, think it belongs here though.

Eagle Minded
As I posted previously, I've worked a bit on R35TT to tidy up the segues and crossfades to make it a more flowing, uninterrupted listen.

If you care to check it out, here's the link: https://goo.gl/SlwcyT :]

Eagle Minded
valleaux wrote:Am I the only one who really likes 09B?

No. It's a great track. One of my absolute faves off R35TT along with 02B and 15B.

Boqurant
Infinite Lines of Colorful Sevens is such a kickass track title.

Posts Quantity
09B is a gem,sometimes goes under the faux name of Sesame Street. Which I think kinda fits it :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3K4VZhhzdg

Eagle Minded
noisy wrote:09B is a gem,sometimes goes under the faux name of Sesame Street. Which I think kinda fits it :wink:

Didn't the uploader just call the video 'Boards of canada sesame street' because it's a BoC song with sesame street footage attached? Im not sure if he's actually calling the track that name.

Posts Quantity
Skimming Stone wrote:
noisy wrote:09B is a gem,sometimes goes under the faux name of Sesame Street. Which I think kinda fits it :wink:

Didn't the uploader just call the video 'Boards of canada sesame street' because it's a BoC song with sesame street footage attached? Im not sure if he's actually calling the track that name.

Yeh you could well be right SS :)

It's also been titled The Children's Prison for another video. :}

http://wn.com/amoebalabs

Eagle Minded
Poppy Seed (Reprise) is mislabeled 'The Children's Prison' sometimes because the video in that link itself is actually titled 'The Children's Prison' and people mistook it for the title of the music behind it :P

Posts Quantity
Skimming Stone wrote:Poppy Seed (Reprise) is mislabeled 'The Children's Prison' sometimes because the video in that link itself is actually titled 'The Children's Prison' and people mistook it for the title of the music behind it :P

Haha I got my tracks mixed up SS. Of course its PS(reprise) in the children's prison video :lol:

I was sure I had seen another reference to BOC sesame street somewhere ?
but must be mudddled again. :roll:

Eagle Minded
I'm sure it's out there somewhere, fake track titles come up all too often :)

Dayvan Cowboy
noisy wrote:
Skimming Stone wrote:Poppy Seed (Reprise) is mislabeled 'The Children's Prison' sometimes because the video in that link itself is actually titled 'The Children's Prison' and people mistook it for the title of the music behind it :P

Haha I got my tracks mixed up SS. Of course its PS(reprise) in the children's prison video :lol:

There is the Alphaquest mix of roygbiv featuring an elongated sesame street sample I believe.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
noisy wrote:

There is the Alphaquest mix of roygbiv featuring an elongated sesame street sample I believe.

Yes I have heard the Alphaquest mix and im aware of most of the Sesame Street samples used in their repertoire.
I had heard 09B first, as the Sesame St video,before I heard all of R35TT. So I guess I thought it was called that, as their not afraid to title their tracks in this way e.g. Blockbusters , Sir Prancalot brainfire , Rodox video , as in referencing tv programmes or videos as well as the National Film Boards of Canada related moments. :D

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada