Yet Another Random 35 Track Tape Thread

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Cosmic Manta wrote:6474574576

Whats with all these random posts?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Eagle Minded
Flory wrote:

Yeah, I'm lost too.
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
At this point I would give my left nut for a proper release of Audiotrack 13A. That organ dissonance is just so damn bittersweet perfect, it gets me everytime. Could be on of their best tracks. Aaaargh! :evil:
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:
Flory wrote:

Yeah, I'm lost too.
Phone number (US), maybe?

Eagle Minded
All the tracks on this tape are dope. I always thought this had to be sourced from the early releases. Someone had all the early stuff and simply made a mixtape of their favorite selections. I'm just glad we're able to hear it. Really interesting and inspiring stuff.

Dayvan Cowboy
As far as the guitar tracks go I think that the first acoustic track A10 is something from Acid Memories. The Southern article says "guitars (emphasis on plural) meet electronics" and there are multiple guitars strumming at once on it. There seems to be some interplay between them rather than just dubbing. I don't hear much electronics on that one but perhaps the sound is treated a little.

I am 99% certain B14 is Acid Memories era too. That upbeat acoustic stumming melding with the uplifting keyboards reminds me of the sun rising in the morning in the countryside and that reflects the cover they used.

B04 is one where it's hard to tell if it's Acid Memories or Play By Numbers. The guitars seem a bit more massed and the percussion a bit more complex so it might be PBN. But then again, is it really shoe-gaze music?
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:As far as the guitar tracks go I think that the first acoustic track A10 is something from Acid Memories. The Southern article says "guitars (emphasis on plural) meet electronics" and there are multiple guitars strumming at once on it. There seems to be some interplay between them rather than just dubbing. I don't hear much electronics on that one but perhaps the sound is treated a little.

I am 99% certain B14 is Acid Memories era too. That upbeat acoustic stumming melding with the uplifting keyboards reminds me of the sun rising in the morning in the countryside and that reflects the cover they used.

B04 is one where it's hard to tell if it's Acid Memories or Play By Numbers. The guitars seem a bit more massed and the percussion a bit more complex so it might be PBN. But then again, is it really shoe-gaze music?
A07 also to me seems like it may be from that era or maybe even one of the visual drone tracks. I made my own playlist of all of their “old tunes” guitar tracks and I really enjoy that style, very MBVish but definitely different. The strumming song with the washy trash canny sounding beat is also one of my favorite tracks by BoC. But A07 I think might be in my top 3... that song has sent me on many cognitive space trips that are always quite memorable... those warping, twisting guitars! Love it!

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:
Echelon wrote:As far as the guitar tracks go I think that the first acoustic track A10 is something from Acid Memories. The Southern article says "guitars (emphasis on plural) meet electronics" and there are multiple guitars strumming at once on it. There seems to be some interplay between them rather than just dubbing. I don't hear much electronics on that one but perhaps the sound is treated a little.

A07 also to me seems like it may be from that era or maybe even one of the visual drone tracks. I made my own playlist of all of their “old tunes” guitar tracks and I really enjoy that style, very MBVish but definitely different. The strumming song with the washy trash canny sounding beat is also one of my favorite tracks by BoC. But A07 I think might be in my top 3... that song has sent me on many cognitive space trips that are always quite memorable... those warping, twisting guitars! Love it!

I forgot to mention that one, but A07 is great! That's actually the one I suspect most is from Play By Numbers since it's the closest to shoegaze music. Even though, it is even closer to psychedelic rock/krautrock type music. I love how BOC prove with that track they can flat-out rock but in their own trippy psychedelic way. The way that pounding, looping drum beat circles around the guitars is perfect.

Honestly I love all the guitar candidates on R35TT but my favorite is A10 because it has my favorite melody of them all. It's classic Boards melancholy just translated entirely on guitars.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada