Old Tunes Release

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger

Old Tunes registered on ASCAP. Has this been brought up before? :?:

https://www.ascap.com/Home/ace-title-search/index.aspx

Posts Quantity
That's interesting! I haven't seen that mentioned before. Also interesting that the publisher is Warp, as they weren't signed to Warp when they first released old tunes.

Friendly Stranger
Yeah, it seems this confirms them at least planning on collecting royalties for these tracks...

Posts Quantity
The BoC Maxima tracks are in there as well, but there are quite a few tracks missing from the official releases (e.g. Dayvan Cowboy). Only thing that makes me a bit hopeful is that judging by the work ID numbers, the Old Tunes tracks were added after the tracks from Tomorrow's Harvest. For example, New Seeds (885695173) is smaller than Music for Pylons (886476809) .

Dayvan Cowboy
Great find, now where's my ASCAP work IDs for Play by Numbers and Hooper Bay? :D

Also, the concept of PC and Peace-Tony-Devil having official ASCAP IDs is hilarious to me

Friendly Stranger
So I guess it's its safe to assume the Old Tunes release track list from this, wonder if it'll be out this year

Dayvan Cowboy
I would love for this to be released. 5.9.78 and Buckie High, hell yeah.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
koroviev wrote:That's interesting! I haven't seen that mentioned before. Also interesting that the publisher is Warp, as they weren't signed to Warp when they first released old tunes.

Warp has the rights to the back catalog I believe.

This is interesting. Any kind of hype is fun right now.

Dayvan Cowboy
It sort of ties into Joyrex's cryptic comments about "we've started up, now we're on our way"

Now, he may have noticed that same thing that OP did and just kept it under his hat, which I think is the more likely scenario. It doesn't seem like he's had the inside track on BoC things in quite some time and he definitely jumped the shark with the April Fools joke a few years back.

Telepath
I'd rather have a new ep instead. I've already heard old tunes a bazillion times.

Sherbet Head
Is there any particular reason we should trust Joyrex about the old tapes after the thing that happened with him and the R35TT?

Also,
Opothecary wrote:Great find, now where's my ASCAP work IDs for Play by Numbers and Hooper Bay? :D
This.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Sherbet Head
Ok, I'm trying not to get too excited but this is very promising...

Sherbet Head
Cupz wrote:I'd rather have a new ep instead. I've already heard old tunes a bazillion times.

Agree. I'd like stuff I haven't heard. I like the tape quality of the old stuff- adds to the feel of the era and reminds me of when I was that age, passing tapes around. I would of course welcome a proper release and to hear it the way they intend for it to be heard, but personally I'm dying for outtakes/unreleased stuff from 1995-now, or older tunes we haven't heard.

I'd be grateful for anything though.

Opothecary wrote: he definitely jumped the shark with the April Fools joke a few years back.

Until a week ago I'd never heard that phrase. It's spot on.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
So, does that list make "Cold Earth" the oldest tune on Tomorrow's Harvest. The one that BOC asked us to find?
Last edited by dredd1971 on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
dredd1971 wrote:So, does that list make "Cold Earth" the oldest tune on Tomorrow's Harvest. The one that BOC are asked us to find?

No, they've also registered every other TH track on there. It seems to just be TH and the soon to be released Old Tunes

Boqurant
Wow, there are a lot of tracks on that list I never heard off. This stuff makes me exciting although Cupz has a point though.

Eagle Minded
aoc wrote:Wow, there are a lot of tracks on that list I never heard off. This stuff makes me exciting although Cupz has a point though.

A lot you haven't heard of?! Get listening to old tunes brother :wink:

Sherbet Head
alright @mdg, any input?

Boqurant
Cupz wrote:I'd rather have a new ep instead. I've already heard old tunes a bazillion times.

^^THANK you.

Part of me hopes they realise old tunes simply so you lot will finally shut up about it :lol:

Next

Return to Boards of Canada