The Secret Weapon

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Finally a solid factual answer! none of this wet arse "it's their skill that makes it so"
You could feel the bullshit

Telepath
It's love, isn't it? Mike first got laid in the back of a bus.

Nova Scotia Robot
Cupz wrote:It's love, isn't it? Mike first got laid in the back of a bus.

Hahaha, yes!! For 100 bucks from a friend. lol

Friendly Stranger
747Music wrote:“Windows of the Divine” (major tube tape saturation+Magic eye + analog filter sweep/dokorder tape echo)
https://soulslip.bandcamp.com/track/win ... the-divine

This is great, I really dig the swirling synth pad and how it pans around. What kind of chords are you using? Definitely has that BoC vibe.

I picked up an Akai reel to reel a few weeks ago, it's being serviced right now but I can't wait to start playing with it!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:It's love, isn't it?

Dayvan Cowboy
chodytaint wrote:
This is great, I really dig the swirling synth pad and how it pans around. What kind of chords are you using? Definitely has that BoC vibe.

I picked up an Akai reel to reel a few weeks ago, it's being serviced right now but I can't wait to start playing with it!

Akai make really decent tape machines in my experience.

Eagle Minded
chodytaint wrote:
747Music wrote:“Windows of the Divine” (major tube tape saturation+Magic eye + analog filter sweep/dokorder tape echo)
https://soulslip.bandcamp.com/track/win ... the-divine

Thanks dude! That was a very difficult song actually haha. I found this old stereo tube amp/receiver that had a planning toggle spinning switch on it that allows me to “spin”/pan any audio signal through it’s stereo spread and I used my Dokorder 4 track Reel to Reel machine with all tubes and sound on sound tape echo built in. The percussion were the hardest to match because in order to achieve the right “blending” of the notes in the chords, I had to pan my wet mix of my tape delay at the exact time the filter sweep enters and at the same time the toggle spins the spread and at the same time the magic eye lights up red... LOL it was what I call a successful “weird experiment” in audio production ha

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada