other three XXXXXX promo vinyl copies whereabouts solved?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Noticed on Discogs that Other Music is selling a second copy for $4,500. If legit, the description reveals some interesting info:
"Other Music was given two copies of this mystery record on Record Store Day in 2013, one to give away and one to keep. Here's the second copy...unplayed in perfect condition."
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/330432658
So does this mean that each of the known stores in fact got 2 copies, thus meaning Rough Trade and Avalanche Records have second copies as well?

Eagle Minded
Wow, good find, that's pricy! Theory sounds legit, they are out there somewhere....

Boqurant
That price is just ridiculous, only a fool would waste that much money on something such as this.

Dayvan Cowboy
Let's be that fool! Twoism, let us pool our resources and buy it. Then it will be sent to Aesthetics and then sent on to be recorded professionally, and then everyone who contributed will be sent a file containing a clean rip and then we can resell the record for charity!
(this is what WATMM did for the Caustic Window LP that appeared on discogs two years ago).
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Posts Quantity
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Let's be that fool! Twoism, let us pool our resources and buy it. Then it will be sent to Aesthetics and then sent on to be recorded professionally, and then everyone who contributed will be sent a file containing a clean rip and then we can resell the record for charity!
(this is what WATMM did for the Caustic Window LP that appeared on discogs two years ago).

You realize that there is only 40 seconds of sound on these records? I would assume that the interest in going through the whole process of pooling, purchasing, recording, and selling again would find far less support than was the case for the Caustic Window LP. Furthermore, the contents of the record is already available online, apart from the sequence of numbers which is different per record if I understand correctly. This wasn't the case for the Caustic Window LP, right?

Dayvan Cowboy
koroviev wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Let's be that fool! Twoism, let us pool our resources and buy it. Then it will be sent to Aesthetics and then sent on to be recorded professionally, and then everyone who contributed will be sent a file containing a clean rip and then we can resell the record for charity!

You realize that there is only 40 seconds of sound on these records? I would assume that the interest in going through the whole process of pooling, purchasing, recording, and selling again would find far less support than was the case for the Caustic Window LP. Furthermore, the contents of the record is already available online, apart from the sequence of numbers which is different per record if I understand correctly. This wasn't the case for the Caustic Window LP, right?

You'r right, Still, someone is selling it :)
Also, I thought that the sequence was the same, on all six (three) records ?

Correct. The records were identical I believe.

Slow down...

Friendly Stranger
I always thought that the 3 missing vinyl copies where somewhere else.
If i was in London or Edimburgh, i'll go directly have a look to Rough Trade or Avalanche Records if they do have a second copy of it. (not for 4500 USD...)

Eagle Minded
Thinking about it now it makes sense that Warp would give two copies. It reduces the temptation of just keeping the record if you only had one. One to keep and one to put out on the floor is best of both worlds. I guess it's also possible that there still could be three other intl' store locations out there with the remaining copies making the total distribution an undisclosed 12...

Eagle Minded
The listing is no longer there btw

Sherbet Head
100 dollars per second of audio is pretty damn steep, even if it is BoC. Probably the only person on earth who would shell out that much for an album is Martin Shkreli (God forbid).
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Who has actually stated that there are 6 copies?

Dayvan Cowboy
This is good for the hype, my friend who isn't in to BOC just tagged in to this news, I was like OK, this is either old news starting to flow arround or Warp gonna release something soon :)

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:This is good for the hype, my friend who isn't in to BOC just tagged in to this news, I was like OK, this is either old news starting to flow arround or Warp gonna release something soon :)

BBC 6 Music are playing a fair bit of BOC at the moment.

Dayvan Cowboy
warphead wrote:
arvy wrote:This is good for the hype, my friend who isn't in to BOC just tagged in to this news, I was like OK, this is either old news starting to flow arround or Warp gonna release something soon :)

Oh, really :) And I believe BOC are not very frequent on their playlist ?

Eagle Minded
Peacock Tail wrote:Who has actually stated that there are 6 copies?

According to twoism user krs, Other Music said in a phone call that there were six. And the the first purchaser confirmed this.
viewtopic.php?p=184576#184576
But yeah this was never really officially confirmed by Warp as far as I know.

Boqurant
When I checked in at Rough Trade the day after it'd been found my only clue I got from counter staff was that "one is going north" - was one found up there?

Always keep my eyes peeled for them.

Unless.. the next three would be implemented at a later date..

One was in Avalanche Records in Edinburgh. ANorthernSoul wad allowed to see it as the person that bought it was travelling I believe.

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:
warphead wrote:

Oh, really :) And I believe BOC are not very frequent on their playlist ?

Every now and again, but seems as though they've been on everytime I switch it on. I could of dreamed it though :)

Dayvan Cowboy
It'd be more cost effective to take FLAC files of the record and press our own vinyl at that price!

Next

Return to Boards of Canada