New Song/EP?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
Not sure if EP or song or something, but this was recently created and registered:

Last edited by rainbow on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friendly Stranger
Another...

Friendly Stranger
Ignore that last one, realised its the machinedrum edit....

But 'Harvest Ritual'? They have their EPs and Albums registered on their, so I guess this is the new EP

Also the old tunes have been updated in July, who's ready?

Dayvan Cowboy
It's the Machinedrum edit, but what's with the work/amendment dates basically lining up with what's assumed to be the "official" one...that's like 3m and 1 second?

Weird.

Friendly Stranger
New EP and Old Tunes reissued? :D
MASK200 VVMT0004 MASK500 WARPWIFCD

Happy Cycler
Where is this from?

Eagle Minded
Wasn't something like this found before TH was released? Anyone else remember that? How did it line up with the actual release?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yep, time to show your work rainbow...

Random musings/speculation based on this and the past ASCAP listings:

- Talking about the stuff that's been listed at ASCAP for awhile now, I'd like to see a pristine reissue of Maxima. Old Tunes, not so much. Just a best of would be fine. There's certain things on there (Apparatus comes to mind specifically) that I find it very unlikely they could even get the sample rights to. The person who owns the rights to Terror From the Year 5000 is extremely litigious; they haven't even allowed a legitimate DVD of the movie to be released.

- R35TT titles are nowhere to be found. I guess that's a project for another day. My dream for whatever this thing is would be a 4 disc set of Maxima, Best of Old Tunes, Best of Pre-Twoism (a bunch of R35TT I'm sure) and Best Unheard Music from 1996-2016. Way too much to hope for, but that's my dream BoCset at this point.

- According to that image, the Untitled (Machinedrum Edit) song entry was created the same day that BoC retweeted a fan tweet of the Broken Drum remix (fan tweet was on 7/2, but their retweet was a few days later). Broken Drum fan video tweet/Machinedrum fan edit official song entry on the same day? Maybe not fire, but there's at least a little smoke...

Their trend seems to be revolving around tweeting fan videos in general since they broke their silence again on social media, so I wonder if these are strong hints that this piece of fan work will be included in whatever this release is. I'd think they'd just release some unheard studio version of the song, or the live soundboard version ala Julie and Candy...but maybe they want to acknowledge the fanbase.

Sherbet Head
Soon..

Posts Quantity
yeah
take a chill pill

it's only music

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah c'mon guys. its only potentially another ep, who cares?
Some of you are too obsessive.

*quietly shits self*
*reloads for updates every few minutes*
*places face firmly against screen*

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:Yeah c'mon guys. its only potentially another ep, who cares?
Some of you are too obsessive.

*quietly shits self*
*reloads for updates every few minutes*
*places face firmly against screen*

:wink:

Eagle Minded
If this proves to be true, then neat! cant wait!

Posts Quantity
Although changes in these ASCAP listings usually don't lead to much as far as I remember, any sign of a new release is exciting!

Friendly Stranger
FYI These are PRS (the UK quiv. of ASCAP) listings, not ASCAP listings.

You need to be a PRS member to access them, but go and see for yourself. This seems to be the only un accounted listing in the database, and just so happens to be coincidentally the latest entry...

Make of that what you will but it's probs a new EP

Friendly Stranger
drixlin wrote:Wasn't something like this found before TH was released? Anyone else remember that? How did it line up with the actual release?

Tomorrow's Harvest is accounted for in the PRS listing. As is it's tracks, this is something different. I had made a post previously about the 'Old Tunes' catalogue being added to ASCAP.

Best damn sleuth in the game

Eagle Minded
The last 3 tweets are all from releases in 2005, must be some significance, any ideas?

Dayvan Cowboy
realspiel wrote:The last 3 tweets are all from releases in 2005, must be some significance, any ideas?

I think the 2005 is important, but not as an actual year. You have to think about it "sideways" as someone once said. It's interesting that they go out of their way to even specify the "Peacock Tail (2005)" in their tweet, which isn't part of the text associated with the Youtube video.

I have my own ideas, I won't go too much further down the rabbit hole until there's at least another tweet, but I think you're basically looking at their equivalent to the Cosecha ARG right now. There isn't going to be anything as earth shattering as someone dropping the needle on a mysterious new jingle that is unmistakably BoC, so reading the tea leaves on some tweets is probably going to be it until there's a proper announcement.

They are not Twitter/social media type artists and I think most of us appreciate that (but I know it frustrates some) I doubt they are turning over a new leaf or bowing to any pressure to have a larger social media presence, so I think this project is going to be about about appreciating the fans - their tweets and likes so far all revolve around the work and respect of fans and connecting the dots on their recent PRS listings activity (including updating the Old Tunes listings) seems to hint at something aimed at the fans.

Friendly Stranger
Opothecary wrote:
I think the 2005 is important, but not as an actual year. You have to think about it "sideways" as someone once said.

recent PRS listings activity (including updating the Old Tunes listings) seems to hint at something aimed at the fans.

We're getting 5002 old tunes!?

Eagle Minded
rainbow wrote:Tomorrow's Harvest is accounted for in the PRS listing. As is it's tracks, this is something different. I had made a post previously about the 'Old Tunes' catalogue being added to ASCAP.

Ahhhh, that's what it was - cheers!

rainbow wrote:Best damn sleuth in the game

Eaaaaasy there, may have to start calling you Joyrex :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Either way, there's been SOMETHING happening, something is always better than nothing, amiright?
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada