New Song/EP?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
So it's been removed from PRS presumably by WARP for some reason...

Here's something interesting:

Dayvan Cowboy
rainbow wrote:
Here's something interesting:

Maybe some major glitches on the part of PRS ?
I seem to recall morning bell is a Radiohead track but I am sure other groups have/ will use it.
I remember recently another site with names of tracks by other bands listed as BoC.
Let's hope this harvest ritual thing wasn't just a mistake and is an indicator of things to come
(fingers crossed)

Eagle Minded
Wow ... so many unreleased titles registered in 2002 according to PPL:
Be my Lighthouse
Can't Take It Easy
Devious Woman and Man
Golden Locks
Man Next Door
Memories
More is Insane
No Longer
Run Them Away
Use Your Head
Vice of My Enemy

Also, 2011:
Across the Red Sea
Awake the Slum
Golden Morning Star
Haunting Ground
Just Like a King
Little Dove
Party Time
Revolution
Sit and Wonder
Slummy Getto
The Need to Live
To Be Free
You Are the One

lol @ "Party Time" and "Vice of My Enemy" ... latter one sounds like some teenaged-metal-band song title.

Even reading (of perhaps dubious origin??) unreleased BoC song titles really revs my engine.

High hopes for the next half year or so.
I would freak out for some new material.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Opothecary wrote:
KINGofCRA5H wrote:Here is the tweet I was talking about, it seems they undid their "like" and "retweet" ?

https://twitter.com/Lone/status/761504194432040960

Sounds like they blinked twice. Old Tunes confirmed?

Lone said:
blink once: new release this year
blink twice: no new release this year

So that implies nothing confirmed? Alas...

Dayvan Cowboy
b0qurant wrote:Wow ... so many unreleased titles registered in 2002 according to PPL:
Be my Lighthouse
Can't Take It Easy
Devious Woman and Man
Golden Locks
Man Next Door
Memories
More is Insane
No Longer
Run Them Away
Use Your Head
Vice of My Enemy

Also, 2011:
Across the Red Sea
Awake the Slum
Golden Morning Star
Haunting Ground
Just Like a King
Little Dove
Party Time
Revolution
Sit and Wonder
Slummy Getto
The Need to Live
To Be Free
You Are the One

lol @ "Party Time" and "Vice of My Enemy" ... latter one sounds like some teenaged-metal-band song title.

Even reading (of perhaps dubious origin??) unreleased BoC song titles really revs my engine.

High hopes for the next half year or so.
I would freak out for some new material.

Do some google searches on many of these song titles and you'll find they're actually Bim Sherman tracks. Most likely a cataloging error on PRS... In fact, I think pretty much every track you listed is from Bim Sherman. Sorry to burst your bubble!

ryetronics wrote:Do some google searches on many of these song titles and you'll find they're actually Bim Sherman tracks. Most likely a cataloging error on PRS... In fact, I think pretty much every track you listed is from Bim Sherman. Sorry to burst your bubble!

BoC = ghost producer of Bim Sherman. Could be. (did not research Bim Sherman music)

Eagle Minded
ryetronics wrote:Do some google searches on many of these song titles and you'll find they're actually Bim Sherman tracks. Most likely a cataloging error on PRS... In fact, I think pretty much every track you listed is from Bim Sherman. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Ah, shit, sorry ... someone mentioned Bim Sherman earlier on.
I should have been a more careful reader -- and you should never feel like you have to apologize for giving someone the correct information :D .

I did think some of the titles seemed rather odd ... "Slummy Ghetto," for example.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Friendly Stranger
Do some google searches on many of these song titles and you'll find they're actually Bim Sherman tracks. Most likely a cataloging error on PRS... In fact, I think pretty much every track you listed is from Bim Sherman. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Those tracks were NOT listed on PRS but PPL.

Friendly Stranger
BoC aren't strangers to mysterious registered tunes though, considering tracks like Please Tell Me Why, Sdesis, Sunshine, and Woice099 have been known for awhile. The old tunes were also registered some times back on some other service I believe, and nothing came of that.

Dayvan Cowboy
Was really surprised to not see anything today, even just some likes on Twitter after their tweets on 6/6 and 7/7. Wonder if this is the calm before the storm.

Fingers are still crossed for an announcement on 8/22 and a release on 9/23.

Eagle Minded
this is fucking hilarious

Eagle Minded
A few months ago I found those tracks on PPL and was really excited to tell the forums, until I realised they were Sherman's. I thought 'Be My Lighthouse' might be one of the tracks they played at the Warp Lighthouse party.

Posts Quantity
Nothing to see here people
Move along

Dayvan Cowboy
Boards of Canada - Morning Bell
Radiohead - Dawn Chorus

They are using each others titles.....

BOC + RADIOHEAD COLLABORATION 4 LP LONG CONFIRMED.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Opothecary wrote:Was really surprised to not see anything today, even just some likes on Twitter after their tweets on 6/6 and 7/7. Wonder if this is the calm before the storm.

How. How the fuck are people still surprised that nothing happens on a day that's all fibonnaci numbers in a month that if you translate it to Finnish via Japanese and spell it backwards is the first seven digits of pi? You make an oblique reference to numerology one or two times and suddenly half the Internet is monitoring their fibre intake on every second tuesday because they wouldn't want to release anything on a day that's divisible by 7.

They're musicians not fucking shamans jesus

New Seed
Hey good people of Twoism!

This caught my attention so I took a look on the database and found the following just now:

Looks like this one is just an alternative registered title for the XXXXXX tracks (or whatever Tomorrow's Harvest Transmission was).

Eagle Minded
Xentrix64 wrote:Hey good people of Twoism!

This caught my attention so I took a look on the database and found the following just now:

Looks like this one is just an alternative registered title for the XXXXXX tracks (or whatever Tomorrow's Harvest Transmission was).

Stand down. All personnel return to your stations. Call back the wing. This was only a drill.
preparation for a dive.

Dayvan Cowboy
Xentrix64, do you looked at the register date, july this year?

Sherbet Head
We need a new black box, cosechatransmissions.com has more to it, something has to fucking happen on 8/22
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"

Sherbet Head
MrMessiah wrote:
Opothecary wrote:Was really surprised to not see anything today, even just some likes on Twitter after their tweets on 6/6 and 7/7. Wonder if this is the calm before the storm.

How. How the fuck are people still surprised that nothing happens on a day that's all fibonnaci numbers in a month that if you translate it to Finnish via Japanese and spell it backwards is the first seven digits of pi? You make an oblique reference to numerology one or two times and suddenly half the Internet is monitoring their fibre intake on every second tuesday because they wouldn't want to release anything on a day that's divisible by 7.

They're musicians not fucking shamans jesus

flol :lol:

Coming at this thread/new song/EP from a layman's perspective, the only hope that something maybe on the horizon is that it hasn't been quashed by mdg, which perhaps he/she would of done? Maybe they just want to poke some fun at us during the school holidays....

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada