What are your hopes/expectations for the next release?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

What are your hopes/expectations for a new release?

New LP or EP
61%
Collection of bonus tracks, remixes and compilation appearances
3%
An Old Tunes/Pre-Twoism box set
35%

Total votes: 88

Dayvan Cowboy
It's starting to look like that time again, so what do you want out of their next release? Personally, I'm getting the impression that it might be an organized look back over the past 20 years of some kind, collecting a lot of material in one place that has probably already been heard but has never appeared on a proper BoC release.

Would you feel disappointed in that kind of release (or a collection of Old Tunes/pre-Twoism material) instead of getting a brand new LP or EP of unheard music? I'd rather hear new music (or new "old" music) but I'd be happy with anything.

Posts Quantity
I'd like some new "old" music, not the old tunes but something like:

"Here's a bunch of tunes that we made that didn't fit thematically into the album we were working on at the time but are good as standalone tracks."

Posts Quantity
I'd love to be proven wrong, but since the Machinedrum edit was added to the licensing server around the same exact time, I fear that this new collection might be remix album. My best case scenario is that they do something similar as TCH (Campfire) --> TCH (Trans Canada) and release a bunch of new tunes + the Machinedrum remix, but that would also seem like a bit of a bummer considering the Machinedrum remix is sweet but nowhere near as interesting or important as Nosdam's DC remix.

As you can see, I'm setting my expectations low in hopes that I can be pleasantly surprised : )

God I hope it's not a remix album
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Eagle Minded
harvest ritual

Dayvan Cowboy
ShaneAnthony wrote:harvest ritual

Let's not get carried away here.

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:
ShaneAnthony wrote:harvest ritual

Let's not get carried away here.

okay, harvest ritual live

Dayvan Cowboy
Let us appreciate the intensity of this situation.

Why aren't people losing their shit?

Lose your shit.

Friendly Stranger
The name "Harvest Ritual" seems to imply we are going to get an EP a la Trans Canada Highway. I agree with adecentman. It is going to be interesting to hear what they think are the best few tracks that didn't fit on TH. I do think they are working on organizing their back catalog as well. My hope is they release both in a staggered schedule this summer and fall.

Sherbet Head
Whatever they want.

Who am I kidding. Unreleased material all the way. All of it. They can have my monies.

Valotonin wrote:Why aren't people losing their shit?

Years of cautious optimism.
adecentman wrote:God I hope it's not a remix album

This, unless it had some more obscure stuff like Helios' acoustic remixes. I'd be down for that if only because more people should hear them.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Let us appreciate the intensity of this situation.

Why aren't people losing their shit?

Lose your shit.

I think it will be real for people when they have something tangible to latch on to. The TH hype kicked off with unmistakable BoC music coming out of a vinyl slab.

Social media is the most ephemeral type of hype. It's the black box but with retweets and likes. :) This is part of the reason why I think this may be a more lowkey release like an EP or compilation and not a full blown new album.

Dayvan Cowboy
Oscillon wrote:The name "Harvest Ritual" seems to imply we are going to get an EP a la Trans Canada Highway. I agree with adecentman. It is going to be interesting to hear what they think are the best few tracks that didn't fit on TH. I do think they are working on organizing their back catalog as well. My hope is they release both in a staggered schedule this summer and fall.

Welcome to Twoism. Enjoy your optimism while you still can!

Eagle Minded
I'm soooooooooooo close to bust out the ronpaul.gif...soooooooo close....
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Don't do it man. Sit on those twitchy hands.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm with what most of the people say on here. A new EP, an EP like Transcanada Highway was to The Campfire Headphase. And hopefully, some back catalog as well.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:Don't do it man. Sit on those twitchy hands.

There are now two threads going, both starting this hype train to god-knows-where...I kinda think we are all Mr. Krabs right now.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
I'd crawl through broken glass for proper versions of Whitewater and 5-9-78.

Old material release would make me ecstatic.

New LP would prompt a full on pant shitting session.

Dayvan Cowboy
First of all I would expect something like Trans Canada Highway, ala futher continuotion of the album, just take in mind the tittle "Harvest Ritual", first we had Tomorrow's Harvest, a preparation for tomorrow, work till the harvest, now it's time to take the fruit and probably for some dark ritual, to honour the earth spirits, tradition vs technological nightmare
Last edited by arvy on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Just had a thought - Harvest Ritual sounds to me like it would be a darker theme...Geogaddi-ish, perhaps?

...I think I wet myself a little.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:Just had a thought - Harvest Ritual sounds to me like it would be a darker theme...Geogaddi-ish, perhaps?

...I think I wet myself a little.

Geogaddi and TH are both already pretty dark, just in different ways. I think Nothing is Real is probably the track on TH that embodies the feel of what you're talking about the most, at least from my point of view. It would be cool to see them make an EP or LP that emphasizes that type of sound.

"Harvest Ritual" could mean something different though if it's a compilation of old material, it sounds like sorting through all the old stuff and remastering it has been or was a real ordeal...a ritual if you will...

Sherbet Head
I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT I WANT OLD SHIT

Next

Return to Boards of Canada