What year we will see the early albums

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
When will we see the light of the day for the early BOC albums?

Posts Quantity
I'm assuming they never will, so that way if they do I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:When will we see the light of the day for the early BOC albums?

No idea, but I sure hope whatever they end up doing down the road, there's a Hell Interface remix of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

Friendly Stranger
Opothecary wrote:
Emmet@lego wrote:When will we see the light of the day for the early BOC albums?

No idea, but I sure hope whatever they end up doing down the road, there's a Hell Interface remix of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

Is that Cher? Can't bring myself to press play....
All NNYz? music....Streams CDs & digital....https://linktr.ee/NNYz

Eagle Minded
As soon as we get the bounty for them up into the 6 figures.
preparation for a dive.

Telepath
Fuck the early albums. I hope they burn it all. Give me the new.

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Fuck the early albums. I hope they burn it all. Give me the new.

Wouldn't it really be something if you hated their prior album and they decided to follow it up with some BocSet type of thing? That's a rough 10+ years right there.

Dayvan Cowboy

Agreed. I never listen to the old bootlegged tracks because they're all over the place in style and substance (and clearly an indication of their experimental phase when they were feeling out what their sound would eventually become).

I would always vote for new material over a BOCset of the stuff we have already heard.

Boqurant
I think something special will be released on 6 June 2066...
Sorry for my bad english.

Dayvan Cowboy
ryetronics wrote:

Agreed. I never listen to the old bootlegged tracks because they're all over the place in style and substance (and clearly an indication of their experimental phase when they were feeling out what their sound would eventually become).

I would always vote for new material over a BOCset of the stuff we have already heard.

At some point you may just have to take a mulligan on this one. If it's not your thing, well, at least it'll be out of the way and people will finally stop asking about it, right? I don't see them reissuing a straight copy of Old Tunes. Give it the same treatment that gave us R35TT (presumably at least partially the best of the Catalog 3 thru Hooper Bay material) pick and choose the best tunes between the two OTs for a single disc and it would be pretty amazing.

I'd hope that such a BoCset would have something for everyone, stuff from R35TT, soundboard quality live tunes, unused music from their modern era, etc. My ideal BoCset would be 4 discs, one live music, one unheard music, Best of Old Tunes, and some type of R35TT "producer's cut". for lack of a better term.

Berselius wrote:I think something special will be released on 6 June 2066...

Maybe, I'm going to pick September 8th, 2017 as my choice in the short term.

Posts Quantity
In my dream they wait until they've got the time, then they get help clearing copyright and release everything in its original states along with select art, photography, and video from that period. The ultimate artistic time capsule. I can while the time away until then in e-masochism listening to people say how much they don't like the material.

Telepath
Opothecary wrote:If it's not your thing, well, at least it'll be out of the way and people will finally stop asking about it, right?

Good point. And I'd probably still get them it if they came out, but this obsessing over their older work, which are certainly, definitely inferior to their new work (cause that's how being artist works), is getting rather stale. The legend of the lost tapes got boring to me almost 10 years ago. Now it's just tedious.

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogaddi and MHTRTC is alredy old tunes, considering it's age and i not even talking about Twoism! Tho if there are Twoism-level tracks on unheard-unreleased matterial, it would be a sin not ask for it, right?

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:
Opothecary wrote:If it's not your thing, well, at least it'll be out of the way and people will finally stop asking about it, right?

Good point. And I'd probably still get them it if they came out, but this obsessing over their older work, which are certainly, definitely inferior to their new work (cause that's how being artist works), is getting rather stale. The legend of the lost tapes got boring to me almost 10 years ago. Now it's just tedious.

It's a little pretentious to say that artistic validity is only reachable by moving forward. What if Geogaddi had been their proper first album? Would you never want to hear MHTRTC because it was made earlier than that?

I understand that maybe they give the impression that they have done their best to mine their old material for us, but at the same time, although they may feel some of that older work is amateur-ish or not up to snuff, making more if it available to their fanbase helps paint a more full picture of the legacy of an important artist. They've proven themselves time and again so they should feel no shame or lack of self-confidence cracking the door of the archive open a little bit for us to see.

It's probably a good time for this - if it took 8 years to deliver TH and 2 years to deliver a remix for Odd Nosdam, they can do something like this to buy a couple more years if they're consistently working at a more slow/deliberate pace due to non-musical commitments, increasing perfectionism, etc.

My only concern is that they will ONLY stick to the script (Old Tunes/Maxima) because that stuff is already out there, with the thought that they might as well get paid for it if people are listening to it. They kinda/sorta acknowledge R35TT as it has a few entries in their YouTube playlist, but who knows if we'll ever see any of it officially (even if it's consistently superior to the average Old Tunes track - although Old Tunes has the higher highs)

Boqurant
I will try to get to listen to the early albums if I meet marcus eoin and micheal sandison

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:I will try to get to listen to the early albums if I meet marcus eoin and micheal sandison

I just got home from the bunker - Mike and I ate 250mcg of swiss fluff and listened to Infinite Lines of Colourful Sevens backwards while listening to Alpha and Omega forwards - Marcus served us pancakes.

Would recommend, A++

Sherbet Head
Yes! These threads are created, in the wholesome, and genuine heartfelt hope that Brothers of Canada are lounging around at home after a hard days toil with a few beers and they have just reached that golden, mellow spot where one feels invigorated yet slightly chilled and hazy, like freefalling through a cloudscape in slow motion. and the stern, steely attitude towards their art has dropped. So you pray they read such thread and think they'll just think 'fuck it, time to rock n' roll' pick up the batphone and put the wheels into motion.

All I can say if Aphex can drop 300 tunes for free on SC then yes it can happen.

Sherbet Head
the ones we never heard, dunno if they be called albums though, then yea be nice but new stuff is priority. ain't waiting
every decade for something like a bocset of old disjointed material. won't complain if they do but new seeds are imminent and i think
they know this.

Boqurant
I really want to hear all their early albums

Dayvan Cowboy
Emmet@lego wrote:I really want to hear all their early albums

We really want you to hear them all too

Next

Return to Boards of Canada