What year we will see the early albums

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
I can tell you the best sign that something will happen is the top moderator saying it will never happen. And that just happened.

So brace yourself

Posts Quantity
I am pretty sure that old stuff is never coming out:

MIKE SANDISON We spent some time overseas and then we were busy expanding our studio space back here in Scotland. A couple of years ago we decided to start collating and cataloging all our early recordings, just for ourselves really, to know that we could tidy it all up and hand it on to our kids someday, but there are literally thousands of tracks going way back into the ’80s. It’s a huge task, and this just seemed to eat up time. We’ve been working on new music all the time throughout this, so we have a lot of material to wade through.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/12/arts/ ... anada.html

I could see then maaaaaaybe releasing outtakes from the MHTRTC era or later but I can't imagine they are going to do anything with the older part of the catalog at this point. Thats what I take away from the above quote anyway.

Posts Quantity
warphead wrote:I can tell you the best sign that something will happen is the top moderator saying it will never happen. And that just happened.

So brace yourself

Have we all forgotten what the date is or something?

Dayvan Cowboy
15Dreams wrote:
warphead wrote:I can tell you the best sign that something will happen is the top moderator saying it will never happen. And that just happened.

So brace yourself

Have we all forgotten what the date is or something?

No, that's the point, it's social engineering. If the moderator says no in bold on April 1st, then that means it's happening. Or the April Fools joke is the fact that they are saying in that way in the hope that we'll think yes. Make sense? :D

Sorry to burst your bubble but I didn't even realize it was April fools. The post I made is nothing but how I feel about it, mainly based on all the interviews and a bit of logical thinking.

I can't even say that I would be happy to be proven wrong, because I deeply value new music above things we already heard. Sure it's nice to have songs like whitewater, echus, finity, forest moon, buckie high, 5.9.78, and a couple of others in pristine quality. But let's be honest I couldn't care less for the other 85%. It's simply not as good as what they've already released. You also have to take into consideration it might not even be possible for them to get these tracks in high quality due to various reasons.

However I do like the sound of music that didn't make the cut for their main LPs. I reckon there are many gems to be found. But like I said before it doesn't matter what we think, they need to love those songs first. Or maybe their kids will make a YouTube video out of those, if they're allowed on the internet. It's evil, remember?

Dayvan Cowboy
Fredd-E wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but I didn't even realize it was April fools. The post I made is nothing but how I feel about it, mainly based on all the interviews and a bit of logical thinking

I love you Fred.

Opothecary wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble but I didn't even realize it was April fools. The post I made is nothing but how I feel about it, mainly based on all the interviews and a bit of logical thinking

I love you Fred.

Thanks!

Sherbet Head
mr3 wrote:As connected and awesome as he is, unless Joyrex comes out and says he talked to the bros directly!

i doubt he's connected at all as much as he'd like people to think (members fees and all), just running that forum and hearing from whoever he knows who works with warp probably. he does not know them or aphex no more than we do. chatting on pm's might give him the weaks maybe. i said it before but I can't recall or find his post on that site of his, it could have been 'Steven', a stranger appeared and gave the correct lead 3 months before TH dropped. Thats all we wanted. We need more strangers like that.

Boqurant
Fyi I emailed marcus eoin about the early boc albums. I promised him not to share it on soulseek

Emmet@lego wrote:Fyi I emailed marcus eoin about the early boc albums. I promised him not to share it on soulseek

cool story, bro

Posts Quantity
Emmet@lego wrote:Fyi I emailed marcus eoin about the early boc albums. I promised him not to share it on soulseek

AHAHAHAHAHA

I mean no pls give us teh albums friendo

Dayvan Cowboy
15Dreams wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHA

I mean no pls give us teh albums friendo

Don't laugh, this is how I got my copy of Closes Vol. 1

Boqurant
So, since I did not get a reply from Marcus Eoin, can you please send me the full album of Closes vol 1. I promise not to share it on Soulseek or post it on youtube.

Friendly Stranger
I once gave a big kiss to Marcus and he gave me Acid Memories.

Posts Quantity
took me 18 days to realize I got 4/1'd

Dayvan Cowboy
The Chinese Disco Crew wrote:I once gave a big kiss to Marcus and he gave me Acid Memories.

You sure that wasn't just acid?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
I just found a cassette copy of Catalog 3 at Savers next to the Cool as Ice soundtrack.

Posts Quantity
iiiice iiiice baby

so smooth

k enough f'in around, tradition says next step is transrecordify in itunes for authenticity...don't forget to throw in a bunch of wack tags, or we can brainstorm them as needed

Boqurant
Someone sent me this link to the song drone 18 off catlog 3 proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDnA3oJcJMM. Its also heard on the random 35 tape.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada