Deconstructing the artwork of Tomorrow's harvest

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

I'm trying to get all the original pictures used in the sleeves. I'd be glad if you could help me :wink:

Here is what I got so far. Click on the images (highlighted in green) to get the link to the original source!

If you have found a match, you can right click on the picture in the google doc, comment and add the link.
I'm pretty sure the brothers got all of them from the internet.
Most of the images are cropped and mirrored.
They also photographed them (that's why you see the pixels).

Tip: I use reverseimagesearch.org (I got the best results with yandex) and tineye.com to recognize images.

Happy hunting!

Boqurant
Libya chemical containers,

wow, sunset over the Vancouver harbor,

thanks
Palace Posy

CKAT-1 wrote:Libya chemical containers

Sorry my engrish. Is chemical containers in Libya better?

Boqurant
Palace Posy

Boqurant
Matoseb wrote:
CKAT-1 wrote:Libya chemical containers

Sorry my engrish. Is chemical containers in Libya better?

this is some cryptic stuff that i stop looking long time ago, amazing find
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
CKAT-1 wrote:Image

Holy shit you found it.

Dayvan Cowboy
I reverse image searched it
'A detailed view of an AN/MPQ-53 radar set. The circular pattern on the front of the vertical component is the system's main phased array, consisting of over 5,000 individual elements, each about 39 millimeters (1.535 in) diameter.'

Its a radar unit used for a missile launcher. One vehicle has a radar unit, one has a communications mast and the other has the physical missiles.

Dayvan Cowboy
Rather scarily, they sell model kits for them

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh, checking out OP's links I can see that you are way ahead of me. Good work!

The center artwork of the CD case as seen in the uploaded video of Palace Posy is obviously an AM (Medium Wave) radio transmitter but that is the extent of my findings. Can't find the image used

Edit: This is my 1000th post (-:

Sherbet Head
This video shows the microwave dishes that you've already identified. It's an old Bell Labs/Western Electric corporate made film. The topic of the film might be of some interest (single sideband) for those of you interested in audio analysis. It would probably make good fodder for a fan-made BoC video.

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
So there is a recurrent theme here: Microwave transmissions.

Just like the wifi in your house, what does 2.4 - 5ghz of radiation do to rats when exposed?
They produce significantly less melatonin and produce a compound that is only produced when brain tissue is being destroyed.
What happens to plants placed next to wifi routers as opposed to control groups? They die rather quickly regardless of watering and other care.

Sherbet Head
Valotonin wrote:So there is a recurrent theme here: Microwave transmissions.

Just like the wifi in your house, what does 2.4 - 5ghz of radiation do to rats when exposed?
They produce significantly less melatonin and produce a compound that is only produced when brain tissue is being destroyed.
What happens to plants placed next to wifi routers as opposed to control groups? They die rather quickly regardless of watering and other care.

Well, communication transmissions are definitely a theme, I don't know if I'd narrow it down to just microwaves.

And I've had a plant right next to my wi-fi router for years and it's doing just fine. :)

Posts Quantity
I didn't even realize there was so much more art than just the cover. This is fascinating!

Eagle Minded
2nd slide, left hand side at the bottom, the picture with the truck tire in the snow is reversed and I believe they had posted this picture on Facebook back in 2011, can't seem to find the picture again but if I do I'll add it.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:Rather scarily, they sell model kits for them

One word:
deterrence
Palace Posy

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:
And I've had a plant right next to my wi-fi router for years and it's doing just fine. :)

Hahah well I guess it really depends on the nature of the plant. Some are far more resistant than others. I think the ones used in the test were cress plants, it got some national attention because it was done by a group of school students. I care more about the other tests though, the peer reviewed ones that show it slowly breaking down tissue in rodents brains. All I can say from personal experience is that the strange tense feeling in the back of my head disappears when the router is off, I got my friend to do a double blind test on me involving that and I could identify whether the router had been turned off or not 5/5 times.

Jacob Peak, Court of the Patriarchs, Utah.

Now we need to find the original photo with matching sunlight :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Matoseb wrote:Jacob Peak, Court of the Patriarchs, Utah.

Now we need to find the original photo with matching sunlight :D

"Named for three towering figures of the Old Testament (...) Frederick Vining Fisher, a Methodist minister, gave religious names to the peaks"

This intertwines well with the image of the cross. There seem to be two themes: Radio transmissions and Christianity.

Might I wager the death of Religion in the western world being Directly proportional to the rise of people viewing technology as their new god? Whether they are aware of their doing so or not. That part of their mind is occupied with technology now.

Edit: There is a possibility that they took the photograph themselves.

Boqurant
Technology will never replace religion, you have to be pretty stupid to think that someone who made a smart piece of plastic is responsible for making a human soul.
Btw, i also think that these photos were made by boc, by it also could be taken from the internet, why not?
Palace Posy

Valotonin wrote:There is a possibility that they took the photograph themselves.
I don't know, they always seem to gather old archive photos for their artworks just like they do with samples.

I just found a new image!
Spoiler: show
Construction at Site of Expo 74 on the Columbia River 05/1973

Next

Return to Boards of Canada