Switch to full style
Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.
Post a reply

What Headphones/IEMs do you use for BOC?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:04 am

Hello, newbie here, I would like to ask you all whats your favourite headphones you use to listen to Boards of Canada? I listen mainly to Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin and Autechre stuff. Are there any special ones you like the most? Thank you.

Re: What Headphones/IEMs do you use for BOC?

Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 am

Hey there! Welcome!!

An excellent question and one I'm sure you'll get alot of info about from our regulars.

Please do make use of our search function too. We have a bunch of threads about headphones you can delve back through. Here's just one to get you started ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12148&hilit=Headphones

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:59 pm

I've got a Schiit Valhalla 2 hooked up to Sennheiser HD650s. pretty tubes. sounds lovely too :)

Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:21 pm

What he doesn't tell you is he's plugged those tubes in just under his earlobes.
#hardcore

Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:51 pm

AKG Q701, paired with a Schiit stack (Modi2 + Magni2).
Excellent for BoC-ish music and jazz, classical. Does lack some bass impact for more bass driven music though. But the clarity and soundstage is insane for the price!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:09 am

anything by grado headphones

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:47 am

Sennheiser HD25 II and Beyerdynamic 880 Pro. I much prefer the Sennheisers though for it's clearer detail and tight punchier bottom end.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:50 pm

if you're on a budget, Audio Technica ATH-X M50s are pretty great.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:42 pm

Ive just bought new DUNU DN-1000 IEM (http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_r ... u-dn-1000/), will see how fun does it sound on these.

Thank you all for posting recommendations.

Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:29 am

V-Moda M100s. They're around the $250 price range. I've been pretty loyal to the brand for a few years, they've always been good to me.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 pm

Does anyone here have either the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO or the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, or both? :P
I'm buying new headphones and cannot for the life of me decide between the two!
I probably can't really go wrong with either, but still...

Analysis paralysis is a bitch.

chronical wrote:I've got a Schiit Valhalla 2 hooked up to Sennheiser HD650s. pretty tubes. sounds lovely too :)

The Valhalla 2 looks amazing! I've never had the chance to hear a tube amp yet. Do you think it is worth the investment, already having a (cheaper) solid-state amp (Schiit Magni 2), Chronical?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm

Bet there are tons of other great options, but I use these.

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Can't afford expensive audio equipment so I primarily use a pair of Skullcandy Hesh 2 headphones, Sennheiser MX 365 earbuds when I'm on the go, and sometimes a small Comiso C9 speaker
Post a reply