Unknown Music70 release on Discogs? (Boc Remii Vol. 1)

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:'Telepathic workshop' tells me sunsets and reprise is not a thing

That's an error on the part of the discogs user who submitted the release. The actual tracklisting spells it correctly. Still, it is probably not official in the slightest.

Boqurant
And playtime a bit different, need to contact the user who added this

Sherbet Head
The compilation seems to be listed on quite a few sites, even available as a download if you take out a free trial.. and providing your card details.. Yeah...
nah.

Eagle Minded
luminousdusk wrote:The compilation seems to be listed on quite a few sites, even available as a download if you take out a free trial.. and providing your card details.. Yeah...
nah.

You'll find the same for many obscure discogs entries. It's a thing, for some reason, to make dodgy websites that automatically harvest data from other websites.

Sherbet Head
Ah ok. Glad I didn't go for it then cause I almost did lol

Eagle Minded
MadMaz wrote:And playtime a bit different, need to contact the user who added this

Did you message him? If not, I will. This has piqued my interest.

Dayvan Cowboy
Really sounds like a hodge podge of some of their live material and a couple non album tracks mixed in. The tracks with symbols for names seem to line up with tracks that have unknown titles, in terms of their length.

The thirst is real...drink some brännvin to pass the time

Eagle Minded
Opothecary wrote:Really sounds like a hodge podge of some of their live material and a couple non album tracks mixed in. The tracks with symbols for names seem to line up with tracks that have unknown titles, in terms of their length.

The thirst is real...drink some brännvin to pass the time

That's the most likely case. Though the track lengths differ from the known recordings, including the non-album tracks at the end. And track 3 is not incorrectly labeled as The Color Of The Fire as it usually is. I think it's worth looking into, if only to debunk its worth.

Rearrange the following into a well known phrase or sentence.

If it looks be good too true probably it is to.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1342028764
100% genuine. Case has a couple of cracks on it but inlays are excellent condition. Shipped with full insurance. Do not submit offer unless you intend to buy! You can ask questions, but ... it is what it is. Unfortunate reason for sale ...
Anyone with a spare £1000? Maybe someone in the US can use their next stimulus check on this :wink:

Posts Quantity
Careful, this one seems to be very easy to replicate, you can get the picture of the cover from bocpages then just adjust the aspect ratio and darken the picture a bit, then its a matter of using the same font on everything, the picture on the back cover seems easy to recreate aswell, you could probably make this on photoshop in a short time. The only thing that would be hard to do is the handwriting on the CD itself but I've already seen examples of people being able to imitate their handwriting pretty well.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

Dayvan Cowboy
ZosoCon wrote:https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1342028764
100% genuine. Case has a couple of cracks on it but inlays are excellent condition. Shipped with full insurance. Do not submit offer unless you intend to buy! You can ask questions, but ... it is what it is. Unfortunate reason for sale ...
Anyone with a spare £1000? Maybe someone in the US can use their next stimulus check on this :wink:

"100% genuine."

Well, then, I'm sold. Now I feel great dropping £1000 on something that could literally just be a burned CD of tracks entirely available online. :P

(Fefor's right... careful.)

Eagle Minded
Anyone have £1000 to spare?
yes, i would love to be free!

New Seed
I am incredibly tempted to ask for photos and buy it lol. I was already crazy enough to throw 1000 at one of the og 1995 Twoism Lps

Boqurant
Don't lol

A fool and their money are soon parted...

I sincerely hope you don't pay for this, but to each their own I guess. Good luck.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
The thing is that even if you ask for photos you'll be shown a well made bootleg that looks like the real thing due to how easy it is to recreate. 1000 is a lot, I really hope you don't fall for this.
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

New Seed
Don't worry, I'm not. Though I do believe it's genuine.

Friendly Stranger
I'm not going to be the guy to say it's worth blowing $1k on a chance at this, but I will say is that if you look at some of the other releases added by the "collection archivist" account that originally submitted BoC Remii to discogs you can see the account now selling it responding as if it's the same person. This same seller also just added a test pressing of a pretty obscure 6k release (a techno duo of Phase 6 and Kasbah, aka The Cosmic Crofter and one of Christ.'s collaborators on his private 90s albums) and that's the sort of thing I'd only expect from someone who was reasonably close to that scene. I kinda want to believe...

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada