Some weird thing from the 98 archive of the boc site.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
i remember when the cosecha transmission website first appeared. there was a last login date listed of August 22, 1996

nobody ever found a meaning or explanation for that

Dayvan Cowboy
Fireal420 wrote:i remember when the cosecha transmission website first appeared. there was a last login date listed of August 22, 1996

Genesis 8:22 -

“As long as the earth endures,
seedtime and harvest,
cold and heat,
summer and winter,
day and night
will never cease.”

When an old tweet from 3/11/12 was wiped on 3/28/17 and replaced with a new one (5 years, 17 days):

2 Corinthians 5:17:

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!"

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Don't know what you're talking about, really. I own both the CD and vinyl versions of TH and "2013" is written everywhere, not 1995.

Try ripping it to your computer, it isn't about what is written on the record, rather the fact that computers (whether hooked up to the internet or not at the time of ripping) always recognise the files as being created in 1995. The metadata says so, weirdly.

Posts Quantity
Valotonin wrote:
Moloch wrote:Don't know what you're talking about, really. I own both the CD and vinyl versions of TH and "2013" is written everywhere, not 1995.

Try ripping it to your computer, it isn't about what is written on the record, rather the fact that computers (whether hooked up to the internet or not at the time of ripping) always recognise the files as being created in 1995. The metadata says so, weirdly.

I've burned CD's to my computer before and usually when it's an old enough CD that there's no data on it, the file defaults to being created in 1994. Maybe this is a similar case?

Eagle Minded
I was so excited when things1 was showing the terminal, but alas, it looks like The Wayback just had a fit and the two aren't really related as it was presented. It took people (Techboy) with far more web knowledge than I to explain it, heh.

The thought of it being around that far back was incredibly intriguing and wouldn't really affect anything that may/may not be happening now - but it really grabbed my attention!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Boqurant
Fireal420 wrote:i remember when the cosecha transmission website first appeared. there was a last login date listed of August 22, 1996

“Trend Micro warns of new virus: "Hare Krishna" virus strikes on Aug. 22”
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Trend+Mi ... a018600142

Wikipedia page

Looked this up at the time but didn’t get much from it. Might take another look!

Dayvan Cowboy
hexagon wrote:“Trend Micro warns of new virus: "Hare Krishna" virus strikes on Aug. 22”
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Trend+Mi ... a018600142

Wikipedia page

Looked this up at the time but didn’t get much from it. Might take another look!

I was aware of this for a while after looking at every possibility for that date at the time.

I think the connection might be in the fact that after it wiped your hard-drive it would display: "HD Euthenasia by Demon Emperor. Hare Krisna Hare Hare."

The HD I assume means Hard Drive. How does 'euthanizing' computers tie into Tomorrow's Harvest? :D

Even at the time of the virus, that message seemed to go over people's heads as they were more curious as to why a Hare Krishna would want to fuck with their computer. Culprit never found.

Dayvan Cowboy
Another potential Chris Morris connection is that several of his films were made with Warp Films. In fact, the first film that Warp Films ever backed was one by Morris in 2002 and it was also Chris' first film.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Another potential Chris Morris connection is that several of his films were made with Warp Films. In fact, the first film that Warp Films ever backed was one by Morris in 2002 and it was also Chris' first film.

i have descended through killing hidden stairway to cling of gables but the sweep is continuing and i am losing

paul is listening and recording
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Telepath
4|\||) 7|-|3 |30`/ |=0||_0\/\/3|) |-|1/\/\ 1|\|51|)3.

Sherbet Head
One question remains. What was things1.html supposed to be in the first place?
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada